more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Vs Bristol City

Started by MrFFC, February 19, 2018, 09:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

From Joka's comments today it sounds like there will be some rotation

Jokanović made a hat-trick of changes to his team for the Villa win, and he will continue to make full use of the players at his disposal as the City and Wolverhampton Wanderers fixtures this week mark a hectic eight days.

"I am really satisfied with the mentality of my squad, not only the 11 players who started the game," he stated. "My experience in this competition in the past, when I got promoted one time with Watford, was that I used many players from my squad.

"I cannot survive three games in one week with 11 players. Now we have more options, I have important players in different lines of the team.

"Our expectations are high and we expect we can repeat our good performances, we can play good games with different players.

"I trust that we can all together do a great job and I expect the individual quality of all these people will serve the team."

Southcoastffc

Given Slavisa's comments, and with Wolves on Saturday, I find it hard to predict his team but, assuming no significant injury worries, I imagine that the keeper and back 4 will certainly remain unchanged.  Midfield I expect that perhaps Norwood will come in for TC, depending on TC's fitness.   Surely Ryan Sess will still be in front of Targett, to keep that growing understanding and effective partnership.  The remaining positions are more difficult, but as others say I'd plump for Mitro for an hour then AK. 

The interesting thing is who starts from Ayite/Piazon/Fonte/Ojo/Kebano (is Ojo injured?) We're spoiled for choice really (who'd have thought it!) Think I'd go for Piazon, if training has shown that he and Mitro can combine well.  Ayite did very well on Saturday but I'd rest him and look to involve Kebano and Ojo (if available)

So,

Betts
Fred, Kalas, Ream, Targett
KMac, (Norwood/TC), Stefan Jo,
Piazon,   Ryan Sess
Mitrovic (AK after 60)

Bench;
Button
Christie
Odoi
AK
Kebano
Ojo
Norwood/TC
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

KJS

Wouldn't be surprised to see Christie in for Fred

hovewhite

Don't know,think I would start the same team.

KJS

Quote from: hovewhite on February 20, 2018, 06:04:37 PM
Don't know,think I would start the same team.

Joka said 3 games in a week will see him using his squad fully so I expect to see a couple sets of fresh legs brought into the starting line up

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Mullers OG on February 19, 2018, 03:13:14 PM
Is Fonte injured?  Badly need to get him fit and available quickly.  The team needs his skill and ability up front otherwise we'll have more time like the first half on Saturday.  We can't rely on Sess scoring all the time.  Mitrovic looked alright but Kamara not up to scratch for FFC. 

064.gif

ffcne

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on February 20, 2018, 01:45:44 PM
They concede a considerable amount of late goals. We leave our scoring usually to 60+ min.

We should grind them down for 60, them bring on Mitrovic and Kamara to cause chaos.

Betts

Fredericks Kalas Ream Targett

Cairney McDonald Johansen

Piazon Fonte Sessegnon
[
/quote]
Why bring Piazon and Fonte in.
Ayite and Mitrovic must start
Fonte is not even worth a place on the bench .
Kebano and Kamara and  Ojo  in front of him.

ffcne

Quote from: Mullers OG on February 19, 2018, 03:13:14 PM
Is Fonte injured?  Badly need to get him fit and available quickly.  The team needs his skill and ability up front otherwise we'll have more time like the first half on Saturday.  We can't rely on Sess scoring all the time.  Mitrovic looked alright but Kamara not up to scratch for FFC.
Fonte to do what..

Baszab

Fonte to warm the bench and turn on the showers after the game

Mullers OG

Assuming Fonte is fit then I would like to see the following side tomorrow:-

Betts
Fred Kalas Ream Targett
Johanson TC/Norwood McD
Paizon Fonte Sess

Mitrovic from about 60 mins
Button
Odoi
Kebano
Ayite
Christie
S Sess

If Fonte not fit then start with Mitrovic and have AK on the bench.  I would have Ojo rather than AK but that may be too many loanees.

Andy S

It depends on who is fit Slav and the fitness guys will have taken a look in training and decide. We will find out later today

Count Flapula

If Saturday's team was fit then personally I would start with them again. Judging by Slav's comments there may be changes though.

Hope Cairney and McDonald play (get the feeling Kmac bruised back at most), but imagine if anyone is going to be rotated the 3 most vulnerable are TC, Ayite and Mitro for varying fitness / tactical reasons. Surely the rest are a shoe-in if fit.

If TC out I would almost prefer to see Piazon / Fonte tried there over Norwood as both would offer more flair, mobility and dynamism in that role (including in trying to win the ball back with our pressing game which has been vital in our run). Not knocking Norwood as he has done well for us, can certainly pick a pass and is a solid player but doesn't get around the pitch as well.

Not bothered who plays out of Ayite / Piazon / Ojo / Kebano as all can do a job - we really to have strength in those wide forward positions.

Would like to see Christie get a run-out from the bench as well (even though Fred really seems to have upped his game even more since his arrival).

Hope Mitro starts as well. Interesting that Newcastle fans seemed surprised at reports that Mitro worked hard as a lot of them seem to see him as immobile and lazy. Hopefully the Villa game was the penny dropping that he needs to use this loan to kick start his career rather than a 1-game flash in the pan before reverting back to not giving 100%.

Bassey the warrior

We should play our strongest team vs Bristol City and rotate against as Wolves. Firstly we're less likely to beat Wolves anyway and secondly Bristol are just below us and we're only 3 points clear of 7th place, need to widen the gap. 

Fernhurst

:plus one:

Agreed, rotate v Wolves ........ really need to beat Bristol for all sorts of reasons.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

..FOF..

I doubt that any deliberate rotation is going to happen.

Joka seems to be taking it one game at a time, fielding the best players or the best combinations each time.