watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Vs Bristol City

Started by MrFFC, February 19, 2018, 09:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Surely as long as McDonald & Cairney are okay we go with the same team as Saturday? Can't wait to see more of Mitrovic. Feel a bit for Kamara but Mitrovic is exactly what we have been lacking in my opinion
Come on you Whites!! :)

Mullers OG

Is Fonte injured?  Badly need to get him fit and available quickly.  The team needs his skill and ability up front otherwise we'll have more time like the first half on Saturday.  We can't rely on Sess scoring all the time.  Mitrovic looked alright but Kamara not up to scratch for FFC. 

Whitesideup

Quote from: Mullers OG on February 19, 2018, 03:13:14 PM
Is Fonte injured?  Badly need to get him fit and available quickly.  The team needs his skill and ability up front otherwise we'll have more time like the first half on Saturday.  We can't rely on Sess scoring all the time.  Mitrovic looked alright but Kamara not up to scratch for FFC. 
Different views - I quite like what I've seen of Kamara.

MikeW

Mullers - I think Mitovic looked a bit better than 'all right'?  He is everything we have been missing for quite a while.  I still think he's carrying a bit of timber but he's still only 23, strong, aggressive and certainly gave an ageing former England captain the run around on Sat.

But realistically - an argument for another day - should (when) we go up we will not have most of our best 6 players contracted after the season end.  There are some tough decisions to be made.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

hovewhite

Think mitro playing now is important,and I also appreciate what rui brings,it's just  mitro is a beast.

RaySmith

We should just think of what  such players as Mitro and Targett offer us at the moment - which is a lot.

IF we go up, then is the time to think about  what happens next re the team, but we will have  Prem money and status for a start.

One game at a time, anyway. If we carry on  as we have been, then the players will become even better as they get used to the Fulham set-up, and get match fit.

hovewhite

If we go up it will be easier to rotate players in and out of our club.But the players need to come in that are prem quality and more important athletes ,because a slow start.your always playing catch up!

filham

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 19, 2018, 03:47:39 PM
Totally different view, if Mitrovic improves just a little more with match time then he is there for the season and could prove to be the difference that clinches promotion. Kamara has to be the substitute striker but can see no place for Fonte.

filham

Yes has to be the same team that sent Villa home pointless.

The worry is are Cairney and McDonald going to be fit.
Norwood could cover for Cairney but who then would come in for McDonald.

grandad

Quote from: filham on February 19, 2018, 05:38:54 PM
Yes has to be the same team that sent Villa home pointless.

The worry is are Cairney and McDonald going to be fit.
Norwood could cover for Cairney but who then would come in for McDonald.

I think Odoi could do McDonalds job. Good in the air & can pass.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ffc73

Piazon or Fonte for Cairney & Norwood for McDonald if they are unfit. But I think they will play. Bristol is the bigger game. Rotate / rest players v Wolves

My concern is Mitrovic. My Newcastle mate says he has a short fuse. Not seem that yet but Flint & co managed to wind Kamara up & got him sent off @ the Cottage. It will be no use to us if we play with 10 men on Wednesday

I am looking forward to seeing Mitrovic v Flint. I am not advocating we should start with someone else

filham

Quote from: FFC73 on February 19, 2018, 06:24:57 PM
Piazon or Fonte for Cairney & Norwood for McDonald if they are unfit. But I think they will play. Bristol is the bigger game. Rotate / rest players v Wolves

My concern is Mitrovic. My Newcastle mate says he has a short fuse. Not seem that yet but Flint & co managed to wind Kamara up & got him sent off @ the Cottage. It will be no use to us if we play with 10 men on Wednesday

I am looking forward to seeing Mitrovic v Flint. I am not advocating we should start with someone else
Yes the Bristol game is play off position six pointer, Jocanovic must work hard to ensure Mitrovic's short fuse is not blown.

davew

Quote from: filham on February 19, 2018, 05:30:08 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on February 19, 2018, 03:47:39 PM
Totally different view, if Mitrovic improves just a little more with match time then he is there for the season and could prove to be the difference that clinches promotion. Kamara has to be the substitute striker but can see no place for Fonte.
[/quote+1, we don't need Rui Fonte!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: filham on February 19, 2018, 06:59:34 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on February 19, 2018, 06:24:57 PM

Yes the Bristol game is play off position six pointer, Jocanovic must work hard to ensure Mitrovic's short fuse is not blown.

I actually think the language barrier between Slav and Kamara is huge whereas there is obviously non between mitro and himself. Hopefully that could be the difference.

DevonFFC

I think we need mitro and McDonald as the two key men I. This game, A's was shown Bristol love a set piece and set the troops forward for them. Also from goal kicks flint was hovering around the center circle to win the flick ons and McDonald is the only lump we have in the middle

The Rock

I'd probably go back to Fonte, TC rested but available, Mitrovic starts whatever. We actually have depth.

I like Ojo and Piazon. Maybe you've heard of these players, they are pretty strong and hopefully hungry.

Jimsbeerbelly

Watching Bristol City play Leeds, it struck me, that they went hell for leather from the off, then blew out after 65-70 minutes, same as they did v Sunderland. In the early stages, they committed both Flint and Magnusson forward for literally every throw-in, corner, or free-kick outside the penalty area.

I've got to say, this tactic will cause Kalas, Ream and Bettinelli no end of problems, but, here's my thinking.

You play Mitrovic' from the off to give Flint something to think about, and tire / knock him about a bit.

Bryan is good coming forward, so, you put someone pacey on him to peg him back, he's not so good on the back foot, as we see against Leeds.

Pack is out, their talisman, so let Cairney do his thing, the less City do in midfield, the more Reid will have to drop back and help out.

It's important we don't concede early, but, as the game progresses, I'd introduce pace and go for the jugular. 

twang

I'd be tempted to go for Kamara up front as I think Bristol will try to get on the front foot and will therefore leave space in behind for AK to exploit. But on the other hand Mitro did so well against Villa so I really can't make a case for leaving him out.

Maybe give Ayite a rest even though he was involved in both our goals against Villa, because he's just back from injuty and we all know how fragile he is.

Bettinelli
Fredericks - Kalas - Ream - Targett
Cairney - McDonald - Johansen
Kamara - Mitrovic - Sessegnon

Facts Not Fiction

They concede a considerable amount of late goals. We leave our scoring usually to 60+ min.

We should grind them down for 60, them bring on Mitrovic and Kamara to cause chaos.

Betts

Fredericks Kalas Ream Targett

Cairney McDonald Johansen

Piazon Fonte Sessegnon

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on February 19, 2018, 04:49:53 PM
We should just think of what  such players as Mitro and Targett offer us at the moment - which is a lot.

IF we go up, then is the time to think about  what happens next re the team, but we will have  Prem money and status for a start.

One game at a time, anyway. If we carry on  as we have been, then the players will become even better as they get used to the Fulham set-up, and get match fit.

0001.jpeg
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.