watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fredericks New Deal?

Started by MrFFC, February 19, 2018, 09:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Really hope he signs a new deal he is such a weapon for us. Think he has been brilliant all season & can easily see him being good enough to play for us if we do end up getting promoted. Really hope we get him signed up to a new deal would be such a shame to lose him
Come on you Whites!! :)

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As a free agent with premiership clubs after you what would you do?

Snibbo

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 19, 2018, 09:10:07 AM
If the club you're with has just got promoted,  why would you move assuming your existing club can pay you Prem wages

Fulham76

Made me laugh reading some of the Villa fan comments from during the game, something about us having 5-6 Olympic quality sprinters in our squad. Fredericks is obviously one of them - he's a big threat going forward & also very solid defensively.

He'd be right near the top of the list of players I'd be looking to tie in to a new deal, whether we go up on not, but can't see him staying if we don't go up unfortunately.

Roberty

I've read in more than one place that the club have a one year option to extend and would exercise it

Could that be the case and also why there is no panic to get him to sign a new one
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

Quote from: Roberty on February 19, 2018, 10:49:30 AM
I've read in more than one place that the club have a one year option to extend and would exercise it

Could that be the case and also why there is no panic to get him to sign a new one
But never anything officially from the club to that regard.
Also if they have the option why have they not activated it?

Just the views of a long term fan

Southcoastffc

Depends on the club.  Especially so in Fred's case I think.  Remember that he jacked Bristol after a matter of weeks because he wanted to come back to London "for personal reasons" so if WHam, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Watford then maybe but who else?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Tabby

Quote from: MJG on February 19, 2018, 10:52:16 AM

Might be waiting to see if we go up to see how a longer term contract would shake out. No point in acting hastily.

Edit: The suggestion from the Christie signing would be that we could be lining up to cash in on him if we don't go up, so announcing an extension would be kind ofnaff in that case.

filham

If we are promoted and offer Frederick an improved contract that is competitive with lower level premiership clubs then I see no reason for him to leave.
If we stay in the Championship and there are premiership chasing him on a free then I see no reason for him to stay.

MJG

Quote from: Tabby on February 19, 2018, 01:47:24 PM

Might be waiting to see if we go up to see how a longer term contract would shake out. No point in acting hastily.

Edit: The suggestion from the Christie signing would be that we could be lining up to cash in on him if we don't go up, so announcing an extension would be kind ofnaff in that case.
He would be the only player with an option in last few years we have not activated. Why leave him free to talk to other (overseas) clubs at this stage and risk allowing him to sign for someone for free.
I'm convinced there is no option.
Just the views of a long term fan

CincyFulham1

Quote from: MJG on February 19, 2018, 02:24:36 PM
Quote from: Tabby on February 19, 2018, 01:47:24 PM

He would be the only player with an option in last few years we have not activated. Why leave him free to talk to other (overseas) clubs at this stage and risk allowing him to sign for someone for free.
I'm convinced there is no option.

Did some digging and every place I looked if there is an option it is shown.  No where did I see an option for RF.  Could be he is just waiting to see if we are promoted before making a decision.

MikeW

If the club have purchased Christie - about whom I've only read good things - they surely must know something we don't?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

hovewhite

Quote from: MikeW on February 19, 2018, 04:11:24 PM
If the club have purchased Christie - about whom I've only read good things - they surely must know something we don't?
The Christie signing was a surprise as there is no vacancy ,right now.no smoke without fire?

YankeeJim

For me. I'd wait and see if we go up and then see if Khan would open his wallet.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Whitesideup

The Christie signing could just be strengthening the squad - there will be injuries and suspensions. Well, that's my hope.... not that there will be injuries, but just a strengthening of the squad in case...