watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One thing I noticed on Saturday

Started by Peabody, February 19, 2018, 09:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Was how our patience with the ball has improved since earlier in the season. We seem very comfortable holding on to the ball and waiting for an opportunity to progress. Though, I do wish they would shoot a bit more often.

toshes mate

I have noticed this improving over the past few weeks too which is why I suspect coaching is focusing more on mental toughness, concentration, and confidence.  I suspect the main beneficiary has been less likelihood of the ball being given away too easily leading to dangerous counter attacks.   Targett seems to have brought this with him such has been his easy assimilation into the team and Mitrovic also appears to be very disciplined in aspects of his game.   

Twig

Confidence is huge in this respect.  Mitro also took pressure off the defence because his tackling back often won back the ball and frustrated Villa attempts to work the ball from defence to attack.

filham

Yes all of the above is true but as we all know it can easily disappear and we still have to keep working hard in order to carry it all into the next game.
Worry at the moment is about key men Cairney and McDonald, both of whom were roughed up a bit on Saturday, just hope they are both fit for Wednesday night.

bog

Quote from: Peabody on February 19, 2018, 09:38:52 AM
Was how our patience with the ball has improved since earlier in the season. We seem very comfortable holding on to the ball and waiting for an opportunity to progress. Though, I do wish they would shoot a bit more often.

:plus one:

Thought the game to be similar to the Forest one. First half plenty of possession but took over in the second. I fancied us to win as they only beat Burton 3-2 at home compared to our 6-0.

Thank you and good night

092.gif   

MikeW

I think young Targett is a very classy footballer.  Compare him with that Danny Rose on view yesterday and he is light years better.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MikeW

Bog - thank you and goodnight at 9.38am? You are on nights then? Sleep well.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."