Main Menu

next 2 games....huge.

Started by jarv, February 19, 2018, 01:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Bristol lose to Fulham and Cardiff.

Preston lose to Villa.

Just saying.

Puts a big points gap between Fulham and whoever is in 7th.  Beating Wolves at home will be a bonus if it happens.

filham

Good news at the moment is that Bristol have jus had a couple of shaky games, surrendering leads in both games.

May their form continue into Wednesday night.

Whitesideup

Don't we still hope to catch Cardiff?

And I just hope we continue our form. If we play like we can, then the form of the opponent is relatively unimportant as we can beat anyone, with maybe, and only maybe, the exception of Wolves - if we can win at Bristol, then that game becomes even more interesting.

hovewhite

Think we will beat Bristol and wolves!

RaySmith

fluffyninja

Quote from: filham on February 19, 2018, 01:45:15 PM
Good news at the moment is that Bristol have jus had a couple of shaky games, surrendering leads in both games.

May their form continue into Wednesday night.

Yes but let's not try giving them a 2-0 lead before we start playing just in case their form returns.

Andy S

MrFFC

4 points from next 2 makes our play off chances look good. 6 points & the top 2 is certainly on
Come on you Whites!! :)

Mokes

Personally, I hope that Bristol lose to us then beat Cardiff and Preston beat Villa....

keithh

I was hoping that Villa draw with Preston after one red card each.

Andy S

The problem is games are played on grass. It will be as usual and it will go down to the wire for all of it. My guess is though the top 6 will remain as they are. It's just the order that will change.

As we know the playoffs are an absolute lottery so it won't be easy.

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on February 20, 2018, 10:58:58 AM
The problem is games are played on grass. It will be as usual and it will go down to the wire for all of it. My guess is though the top 6 will remain as they are. It's just the order that will change.

As we know the playoffs are an absolute lottery so it won't be easy.

Seems a realistic assessment.  I have us down as finishing fourth.

filham

A long way to go yet and a lot of water to flow under the bridge.
Can we avoid injuries and bans, will our form hold good, will we have reasonable luck, will we avoid conceding those unfortunate early goals due to individual errors.

We haven't seen any of these nasty things during our good run, they could be waiting somewhere ready to fall on us the moment we relax with our eye off the ball.