News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wigan v City, Dan Burn, Man City Knocked out the Cup (Merged)

Started by Mince n Tatties, February 19, 2018, 09:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: KJS on February 19, 2018, 09:54:37 PM
Quote from: Peabody on February 19, 2018, 09:51:39 PM
How many said he was not good enough for Fulham, he was immense tonight.

You are basing that on one game, he was not good enough for FFC when he left the club and he is now plying his trade in the 1st division which says it all really :doh:

He's actually been good all season,and he was up against top strikers tonight or didn't you notice that.

davew

Quote from: KJS on February 19, 2018, 09:54:37 PM

You are basing that on one game, he was not good enough for FFC when he left the club and he is now plying his trade in the 1st division which says it all really :doh:
Really sad comment m8, he always tried when he played for us maybe not the best player we have ever had, but a lot better than some we have paid millions for!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bassey the warrior

Burn is a sound player in the right kind of side and we're not that side. He's solid and brave, but also slow and not composed, so playing for a side that plays a high line and plays from the back doesn't suit his skillset.

Mince n Tatties

Its got nothing to do whether he was good or bad for us,the post was about how excellent he was tonight.
Credit where its due.

grandad

It proves that stats don´t win matches, but goals do. City had 83% possession & 29 shots & got naff all for it. Well done Wigan.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 19, 2018, 10:07:40 PM
Its got nothing to do whether he was good or bad for us,the post was about how excellent he was tonight.
Credit where its due.
Exactly Mince, after the week-end result there is always somebody trying to make a negative posting....I have forgotten how to do that!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

JoelH5

I agree with the other guy. He isn't good enough for Fulham. One good game doesn't make him good enough. I'd much prefer Ream and Kalas. It's not a negative post, I'd just rather our CBs
I was there, standing in the Putney end

General

Quote from: grandad on February 19, 2018, 10:09:52 PM
It proves that stats don´t win matches, but goals do. City had 83% possession & 29 shots & got naff all for it. Well done Wigan.

Reminiscent of our game against utd at old Trafford

Andy S

Well done Dan Burn. Football is about confidence I hope you got a lot from that tonight. Good luck in the next game as well

HatterDon

Quote from: davew on February 19, 2018, 09:53:29 PM
Not a player that I ever slagged off, he should be playing in a higher league!

He may very well be next season. Wigan look a very tough and committed group.

My favorite moment was when he intercepted a pass and hared up the field faster than the Mancs could catch him.

Love Dan ... don't miss him, but love him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Well pleased for Dan Burn, he has the heart the size of a football. I was sorry to see him leave Fulham. 
But glad he is doing very well, a top bloke.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 20, 2018, 01:36:53 AM
Well pleased for Dan Burn, he has the heart the size of a football. I was sorry to see him leave Fulham. 
But glad he is doing very well, a top bloke.

0001.jpeg

toshes mate

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 19, 2018, 10:01:27 PM
[Burn has] actually been good all season,and he was up against top strikers tonight or didn't you notice that.
Indeed he has and indeed he was, Mince, and I thought he was MOTM too.  Now he has the chance to put Saints in their place too.

Skatzoffc

Lovely to see Dan enjoying the fan adulation last night.
Good stuff.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

bog

Dan was magnificent. They gave MOTM to Grigg as he score the goal but it was Dan who was, literally, head shoulders above the rest. That charge up field in the closing  stages was brilliant!!
Well done Wigan.

092.gif

VicHalomsLovechild

He always tried his best for us. Glad he's found regular football elsewhere and I hope for him the good times will keep coming :)

hovewhite

Delighted for Dan,a great person as well as a footballer

Twig

filham

Remember that great game Dan had for us against Man.U. in our relegation season, I always liked him and thought that given the right coaching in the right team he would be good.
Anyway, congratulations Dan on a magnificent performance last night.