watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cheerio Sean Kavanagh

Started by aaronmcguigan, February 20, 2018, 08:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

So much promise at the start, to being out of his depth, put in too soon, then overlooked by Slav, as well as not impressing on loan.Sean has signed for Shamrock Rovers in a deal made possible by Rovers u15 coach , Damien Duff

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0220/942197-duff-proves-key-in-rovers-swoop-for-sean-kavanagh/

Goodbye , good luck and there's every chance he can be the best fullback in this division now. Doesn't say much but he's home, he's wanted and gets European football in June

SP

Good luck Sean.  He must've been one of our longest serving players? 

bog

Mince n Tatties

Yes good luck,I thought he'd long gone.😂

SP

Someone on TFI suggested he was on a 5 year contract?

Andy S

Contracts do not mean a lot these days. Good luck son

cmg

Quote from: SP on February 20, 2018, 08:39:35 PM
Someone on TFI suggested he was on a 5 year contract?

...which, of course, is wrong.

He signed a 3 and a half year deal in Jan 2015 and would be out of contract at the end of this season.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/january/20/kavanaghs-new-deal

One of the many, many young players who looked like they might be a first-teamer, but didn't quite make it. Always put in a shift, even when played as the world's shortest CB.

Good luck to him in Dublin.

filham

Tried by several managers in different positions over a long period of time but in all honesty never looked quite up to the job, a bit of a lightweight,
Good luck to him , couldn't find a better mentor than Duffy.

Fernhurst

Goodbye Sean and thank you for your service.
Lovely wand of a left foot but at 5'8 and slightly built found himself bullied by some of the Championship ruffians.
Smashing memory of his arrowed goal v Norwich which grabbed us the 3 points.

Good Luck Sean.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

No doubt this transfer is correct, but where has anyone seen the confirmation other than in the Irish Press?
I as surprised that the Club has not announced anything so could it be that that formalities have not yet been completed?
Is the Irish transfer window different to ours and have we just released him by mutual consent, or could there be small fee involved?

hovewhite

Thanks for your efforts Sean and good luck.

Carborundum

I liked him.  The Norwich goal was a great moment, but his best game for us was a 3-0 win against Charlton when it seemed that only he and LVC had any interest in defending counter attacks and between them they ran many miles, put in great tackles and basically showed up their elders and betters. 

Don't be surprised if he reappears this side of the Irish Sea.  I wish him all the very best.

Twig

Quote from: filham on February 20, 2018, 10:04:26 PM
Tried by several managers in different positions over a long period of time but in all honesty never looked quite up to the job, a bit of a lightweight,
Good luck to him , couldn't find a better mentor than Duffy.

I agree, Duffers will be a great mentor. I know an ex physio from FFC who is amazed that Sean didn't make it, rated him very highly.  Perhaps he could be a late developer?

copthornemike

Good start for Sean with his new team - won 6-0 tonight and scored on his debut

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 21, 2018, 12:42:47 PM
No doubt this transfer is correct, but where has anyone seen the confirmation other than in the Irish Press?
I as surprised that the Club has not announced anything so could it be that that formalities have not yet been completed?
Is the Irish transfer window different to ours and have we just released him by mutual consent, or could there be small fee involved?

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/22/sean-kavanagh-departs       I always remember that Sean Davis thought he was an extremely good player and had in commentary said he had 'the best left foot in the club'.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Milo

He was always a very good passer but his size and inexperience left him suspect at LB at a time when we needed solidity and were leaking goals.

I would be interested to see what a 25 year old Kav looks like on the pitch. Either a mediocre full back or perhaps a game controlling CM playmaker in the right league?

hovewhite

Fair play to him as he took a big pay cut to play every week ,must be a good kid.

Riversider

Some rose tinted specs on here, he was an abysmal player, who twice was sent out to the lower leagues on loan and twice he failed and was returned early,
Even at such a low level as the Irish League I will be amazed if he makes it, he wouldn't have been good enough for Aldershot or Woking in The National League, will be interesting to see where he is playing 3 years from now, that's if he's playing at all.