watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Clappers ......

Started by Andy S, February 21, 2018, 12:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

They were a good idea but what a waste of cardboard as they can only be used once! Should we ditch them to save the planet. Would something else be better?

HatterDon

049:gif SAVE THE CARDBOARD TREES!!!!!!!! 049:gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

..FOF..

Kent Cassandra

They are all recycled so don't worry the planet is safe!!!
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Woolly Mammoth

A mate of mine once had the clappers, some woman he was seeing had a mind like a Cairo Sewer, so I am not in the least surprised.
Anyway A course of Antibiotics and the old Umbrella 🌂  ☂  soon got rid of it, although the downside Is that he couldn't drink any alcohol 🍺. But he lived to tell the tale. Which is more that I can say for Henry VIII, Al Capone and Errol Flynn. Three very famous men for three very different reasons.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodgin

Anyone caught one in the face, kid next me was a bit wild with his but he has disappeared.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ..FOF.. on February 21, 2018, 03:05:16 AM
Vuvuzela

Not those beasts please.
I would rather drink raw sewage from a tramps sock than listen to that racket.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

The clappers are fine with me.  But it was a good point, several thousand every two weeks would be a lot of trees if they were not recycled.

hovewhite

Quite like the clappers myself

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on February 21, 2018, 12:06:34 PM
Quite like the clappers myself

Not if you had to cease drinking alcohol for 6 weeks.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

I think they can be used more than once, if we just leave them below our seats why can't they be left there for the next match.

Ged

Quote from: filham on February 21, 2018, 12:24:50 PM
I think they can be used more than once, if we just leave them below our seats why can't they be left there for the next match.
you could catch the clap off one if left under a seat

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on February 21, 2018, 12:24:50 PM
Agree.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Dodgin on February 21, 2018, 11:42:33 AM
Anyone caught one in the face, kid next me was a bit wild with his but he has disappeared.
Did you 'disappear' him?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Dodger53

What with so much paper and card being recycled and with less use of paper, the industry of growing trees for paper production is in decline which is actully bad for the planet.  Still not sure aout the clappers, I like them pre match but not during the game when it has to be hands clapping (or wringing) for me.

MikeW

I think we need to take Woolly aside and have a quiet word .... have a great evening everyone; Peroni flowing here!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

grandad

Bring back the old wooden rattles. Great fun painting them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Not sure why some people have to try to turn threads like this into a rather unfunny series of jokes. The OP raised a valid and important point.

flyingfish

Quote from: Twig on February 21, 2018, 09:15:29 PM
Not sure why some people have to try to turn threads like this into a rather unfunny series of jokes. The OP raised a valid and important point.

I agree. Won't someone think think not the trees??!

One James stannard

Quote from: Twig on February 21, 2018, 09:15:29 PM

Unfortunately it happends far to often on this forum nowadays where someone makes a valid and interesting talking point and it's constantly sabotaged by ridiculous attempts of humour that most of the time has no relevance to the thread whatsoever but hey ho