Nottm Forest
1 - 1 Reading
Sheff Utd
2 - 1 QPR
Bolton
1 - 0 Sunderland

WhiteJC

Bristol City vs Fulham prediction: EFL pundit gives grim verdict on the Robins

The Robins host Fulham on Wednesday night - the Sky Sports man gives his prediction

Sky Sports pundit David Prutton believes that Fulham are the 'best team' in the Championship and they increase Bristol City's recent woes when the two sides meet on Wednesday night at Ashton Gate.

The Robins remain in sixth place despite throwing away a two-lead at Elland Road on Sunday as Leeds United fought back to earn a point. It means Lee Johnson's side have won one of their last 11 matches in all competitions as their play-off charge weakens.

Fulham, however, are the form team in the Championship with fives win in their last six matches including an impressive 2-0 home success over promotion-chasing Aston Villa on Saturday.

And Prutton believes that they will be too strong for the Robins and will emerge with a 2-1 away victory.

He writes for Sky Sports: "Bristol City will be really disappointed with the way they've thrown away two comfortable leads in two games.

"If they had won both they'd be right back up in the mix for automatic promotion, but instead they're now looking over their shoulder at the pack chasing a play-off place.

"Fulham are the best team in the league right now and their confidence will be sky high after beating Aston Villa on Saturday.

"I think their run will continue on Wednesday night at Ashton Gate."

What time is kick-off?

The game kicks off at 7:45pm.

Is the game on TV?

It's not this time. Fans can keep up with team news and all the action from our live blog, including the build-up and post-game quotes.

What happened the last time these sides met?

City will take great confidence going into the game after winning the reverse fixture 2-0 at Craven Cottage back in October.

Bobby Reid and Korey Smith's goals in the first half were enough to see the away side come away with a victory before Fulham forward Aboubakar Kamara was shown a straight red card after a clash with City captain Bailey Wright.

The Australian had just had a goal chalked off for offside moments earlier.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-fulham-prediction-tv-1236655

WhiteJC

Fulham's Kevin McDonald thinks he has a right to be in with a chance of making the Scotland squad

The vice captain has never won a cap for his country and he thinks his performances at Fulham means he deserves a chance at a Scotland call-up

Kevin McDonald believes his performances at Fulham over the past 18 months have given him the right of having a chance to make the next Scotland squad.

As the Scottish Football Association name Alex McLeish as their new boss - 11 years after he left the post for Birmingham City to help guide the future of Sottish football, Fulham's vice captain looks to steer his club to the Premier League with his consistent performances from the heart of the Craven Cottage midfield.

The fact he has never received a cap for his country at the age of 29 is somewhat of a mystery to Fulham fans, who watch him anchor the midfield and shield the back four week-in, week-out for his club.

He's been called up for previous squads but he's never made an appearance in the blue of Scotland, with the likes of Celtic's Scott Brown and Sheffield Wednesday's Barry Bannan all being preferred to McDonald.

The new Scotland boss was at Craven Cottage last weekend to watch both McDonald and Tom Cairney, and will have been impressed with what he saw as the Cottagers flexed their muscles and ended a seven game winning run, beating Villa 2-0.

McDonald thinks he deserves a chance at a cap, but has insisted if that doesn't come he'll continue to give his all on his main focus, which is Fulham and getting them to the Premier League.

He said: "Everyone wants to play for their country but at the end of the day it's one of those things, I can only do well for Fulham and if they don't think I'm doing well enough or good enough to be in the squad then that's their decision - I can't influence it any more.

"I've been playing at Fulham for 18 months, done a good job here and I can't do much else if you ask me.

Midfield battle: Kevin McDonald passes under pressure from Conor Hourihane (Image: Ian Walton/PA Wire)

"Maybe when the new manager comes in he might give me a chance and I'll show what I can do, but until then it's not up to me it's up to them.

"I think I have a right to have a chance to be in the squad, I've been playing at a good level in the Championship for years and never been given the chance to play in the national team, I've been there training and stuff but it's not the same, I'm not the best of trainers as it is, I'm more of a game player.

"I would say I deserve a chance, but again what I think and what they think is different, up until now I've not been given a cap and unless a new manager wants to give me a chance it'll stay that way.

"If it stays that way I'll be the same, it's not going to change the way I play, I'll continue to give 100% for Fulham and that's my main focus."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-kevin-mcdonald-thinks-right-14297960

WhiteJC

McDonald believes he's worth Scotland call-up
by Dan on February 20, 2018

Kevin McDonald believes his excellent form for Fulham over the past eighteen months is deserving of a call-up to the Scotland squad.

The Carnoustie-born midfielder has won call-ups to the Scottish squad before but has not yet won a cap for his country. McDonald, who was watched by new national team manager Alex McLeish during Fulham's 2-0 over Aston Villa at the weekend, told GetWestLondon's Ryan O'Donovan that he felt he worth an opportunity at international level:

Everyone wants to play for their country but at the end of the day it's one of those things, I can only do well for Fulham and if they don't think I'm doing well enough or good enough to be in the squad then that's their decision – I can't influence it any more.

I've been playing at Fulham for 18 months, done a good job here and I can't do much else if you ask me. Maybe the new manager comes in might give me a chance and I'll show what I can do, it's not up to me it's up to them.

The 29 year-old voiced his frustration at not being able to prove his worth during a game, with his international experience so far limited to just training sessions.

I think I have a right to have a chance to be in the squad, I've been playing at a good level in the Championship for years and never been given the chance to play in the national team, I've been there training and stuff but it's not the same, I'm not the best of trainers as it is, I'm more of a game player.

McDonald insisted that he would not be adapting the way he plays in order to satisfy McLeish and will be fully focused on Fulham's run in as the Whites aim to sustain their push for promotion to the Premier League.

I would say I deserve a chance, but again what I think and what they think is different, up until now I've not been given a cap and unless a new manager wants to give me a chance it'll stay that way. If it stays that way I'll be the same, it's not going to change the way I play, I'll continue to give 100% for Fulham and that's my main focus.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/02/mcdonald-believes-hes-worth-scotland-call-up/

WhiteJC

FA Youth Cup Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's FA Youth Cup Quarter-Final against Chelsea at Craven Cottage are now on sale.

Come show your support for the Young Whites on Tuesday 27th February, with kick off at 7.05pm.

Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office. Pay on the gate will also be available on the day.

Tickets are priced at £4 for adults and £1 for concessions. FA rules prevent Season Tickets Holders from attending Youth Cup fixtures free of charge.

To get to this stage Fulham have had three away trips, beating Huddersfield Town, Swansea City and Plymouth Argyle.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/20/fa-youth-cup-tickets

WhiteJC

Wolves Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's match against Wolverhampton Wanderers this Saturday, 24th February (kick-off 5:30pm), are now limited and available to Season Ticket Holders, Members and supporters with a Previous Booking History only.

With over 24,000 inside the Cottage at our last outing against Aston Villa, be sure to secure your seat today to watch the Whites take on league leaders Wolves!

Tickets start from £15 for juniors and £25 for adults and can be purchased online, by telephone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

COYW!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/20/wolves-tickets

WhiteJC

Bristol City v Fulham
WED 21 Feb 2018   Championship
Venue: Ashton Gate

Nathan Baker has played in 25 of Bristol City's 32 Championship games this season

Bristol City have defender Nathan Baker back from suspension for the visit of in-form Fulham, but midfielder Marlon Pack begins a two-match ban.

Josh Brownhill (calf) is a doubt, while Fulham loanee Cauley Woodrow is unable to face his parent club.

Fulham will assess captain Tom Cairney, who has been managing a knee injury.

Boss Slavisa Jokanovic has no other injury worries, but may make changes as he looks to extend his side's 10-match unbeaten run in the Championship.

Match facts

Bristol City have won four of their last five matches against Fulham in all competitions, losing the other at Ashton Gate last season (0-2).
    The Cottagers have won each of their last three away league visits to Bristol City since losing 5-1 in April 1990.
    Fulham are unbeaten in their last 10 league games (W8 D2) - the current longest such run in the division.
    As a manager of English clubs in all competitions, Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has lost four matches against Lee Johnson - more than any against any other manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43053718

WhiteJC

Lee Johnson makes claim about Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham as he calls on support from Bristol City fans

Bristol City host play-off rivals Fulham in the Sky Bet Championship on Wednesday night at Ashton Gate

Lee Johnson has labelled Fulham as "probably one of the best footballing sides in the division" ahead of Wednesday night's game at Ashton Gate in the Sky Bet Championship.

Bristol City inflicted a 2-0 defeat on the West London team when they met at Craven Cottage last year but both sides are currently vying for a top six place this season.

Fulham have not lost at BS3 since 1990 and boast a ten-game unbeaten run in the league ahead of facing the Robins.

Slavisa Jokanovic (Image: Harry Murphy/Getty Images)

City have in back-to-back games let decent leads slip and Johnson is calling for the fans to get behind his side when Slavisa Jokanovic's side visit.

"It's obviously really important that we make it a real Ashton Gate atmosphere, against probably one of the best footballing sides in the division," he told the City website.

"We had a great result, a great performance away from home (at Fulham) but we do need the fans.

"It's important they don't get frustrated or get on the players' backs – which I know they won't – because I think they're enjoying the way that the players are playing."

Nathan Baker is back in contention for City after serving a three-game ban, while Marlon Pack is suspended and Cauley Woodrow misses the game.

Experienced midfielder Gary O'Neil could be back in contention while City are hoping Josh Brownhill overcomes an injury.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-makes-claim-slavisa-1237783

WhiteJC

Midfielder ruled out of Bristol City's game against Fulham and latest on Famara Diedhiou fitness

Bristol City are in action on Wednesday night against fellow Sky Bet Championship play-off chasers Fulham

Gary O'Neil has been ruled out of Wednesday's game for Bristol City against Fulham.

The midfielder is on the comeback trail from surgery and has played the past two games for the City 23 side – including Monday's win over Cardiff City.

There was a thought that he could be in contention to feature at some point against Slavisa Jokanovic's side but he will instead play another development team game later this week.

Gary O'Neil

The former Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, West Ham and Norwich player has not played a competitive match for City since last August but has come through recent reserve team games unscathed.

City are without midfielder Marlon Pack for the Fulham match due to suspension while Josh Brownhill is back training despite picking up a slight injury.

"Josh Brownhill will be in contention. He's been out on the training pitches this morning," City coach Dean Holden said at Tuesday's pre-match press conference.

On O'Neil, Holden added: "It's too early for Gary O'Neil tomorrow. He'll play for the Under-23s again on Friday."

Famara Diedhiou of Bristol City celebrates scoring against Sunderland

He also revealed that record signing Famara Deidhiou is not fully fit despite scoring four goals in six games on his return from surgery.

Eros Pisano, Callum O'Dowda and Jens Hegeler are still missing for City, with Holden adding: "The other guys are a matter of weeks away now. Finally the medical department can breathe a huge sigh of relief. Fam [Diedhiou] is not fully match fit yet."

The Post will have all the latest match action and build-up to the Fulham game via a live blog from 5pm on Wednesday afternoon.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/midfielder-ruled-out-bristol-citys-1239359

WhiteJC

Will a transfer swoop for Ryan Fredericks spell the end of Sam Byram at West Ham?

The Hammers have been linked with moves for two right backs in the summer

It barely feels like five minutes ago that the January transfer window had shut and West Ham ended proceedings with the £10m capture of Jordan Hugill from Preston North End.

The club added to that with the capture of Patrice Evra outside of the window on a short-term contract as David Moyes stamps his mark on the squad despite his future in east London not being confirmed just yet.

That has not stopped transfer rumours start to fly around about potential incomings this summer, especially after Hammers co-chairman David Sullivan revealed he is planning an overhaul in the club's transfer policy.

Two names have featured in recent weeks and both of them are right backs - Fulham's Ryan Fredericks and Daniel Opare of Augsburg.

West Ham of course have a right back, they have two in fact, in Pablo Zabaleta and Sam Byram and while the former is challenging for Hammer of the Year honours, the latter has had a rough season.

Fredericks has been watched this season by the Hammers while Opare is a bit of an unknown to most Premier League observers, having not spent a huge chunk of his career outside Germany.

Ryan Fredericks is a target for West Ham in the summer (Image: Andrew Redington/Getty Images)

The Ghanaian Opare has had a decent campaign for Martin Baum's Augsburg, starting 17 Bundesliga games this season but had a major bust-up with the club earlier this season and he won't have his contract renewed at the end of the season, leaving him free to talk to other clubs.

Fredericks is also out of contract in west London having been a standout performer for Slavisa Jokanovic's side over the past two seasons as they have made play-off charges.

Sam Byram made his comeback against Shrewsbury Town (Image: Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)

The two names conjure up the image of West Ham planning for the future. Zabaleta signed a two-year contract last summer and by the time the new window comes around, the first of those years will be up and just one will remain.

Byram has never been a consistent figure since he moved to east London from Leeds United back in January 2016 on a four-and-a-half year deal but has struggled with injury and inexperience throughout his stint in the capital.

The 25-year-old has had just two starts this season, though admittedly he has missed a huge chunk of the campaign with a muscle injury that kept him out for the best part of three months.

A strong end to last season saw Byram firmly in the frame for the number one right back player this season but Slaven Bilic elected to bring in Zabaleta after his release from Manchester City.

Byram is unlikely to get past Zabaleta this season and Byram will have a serious decision to make come this summer, or Moyes might make it for him if he brings in either Fredericks or Opare.

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/players/sam-byram-west-ham-fredericks-14314302

WhiteJC

Fulham shouldn't fear anyone in the Championship – as they proved against Aston Villa
by alandrewett on February 20, 2018

For my money, Fulham's 2-0 victory over Aston Villa on Saturday was one of the most complete performances of the season. Everyone expected Steve Bruce's to try and contain and catch Fulham on the counter attack but, as it happened, Marcus Bettinelli didn't have too many saves to make. Every man that wore the white shirt on Saturday can be extremely proud of the shift they put in – and the statement that their display sent out to the rest of the Championship.

The scoreline was certainly pleasing but it definitely didn't flatter Slavisa Jokanovic's side. If anything, as the head coach suggested after the final whistle, his team would entitled to feel a little disappointed they didn't grab a third or fourth goal that would accurately reflected the way the Whites ran through the remnants of the visiting defence in the closing stages. Arguably the loss of Jack Grealish and Albert Adomah made a difference to the strength of the side Bruce was able to put out a side in the middle of a seven match unbeaten run were simply second best all afternoon.

I've written before about why the Fulham fans have really taken to Ryan Fredericks and the right back was superb both in the timing of his tackles and his contribution in the final third. Fredericks' driving run down the right was the catalyst for the crucial breakthrough after half time, with a perfectly measured cross finding young Ryan Sessegnon in the sort of space he hadn't been afforded in the first period. It surprises me that Jokanovic's tweaking of his tactics at the interval hasn't been remarked upon more. Both Ayite, who added the initial thrust to the move that led to Sessegnon's pivotal strike, and Sessegnon drifted inside to create the space for Fulham's marauding full backs – and the impact both Fredericks and Targett had with their forward runs in the second half was unmissable. With Villa overloaded in the centre of the park as well, it was only a matter of time before their ageing central defensive partnership caved in.

My highlight of the whole encounter had to be how much of a nuisance Aleksandar Mitrovic proved to be for the Villa defence. The Serbian striker might have been a surprise choice to lead the line from the start, but he bullied John Terry and James Chester throughout. His impressive link-up play illustrated how successfully he has settled in already. One of the problems with the January transfer window is how quickly new acquisitions are expected to get up and running, but Mitrovic already looks like he might be the final piece of Jokanovic's promotion puzzle.

It should go without saying that these three points were simply that – a creditable victory against a promotion rival, but they will deliver another jolt of confidence as Fulham prepare for the next fixture in a pivotal run of matches. Playing to Jokanovic's blueprint, the Whites shouldn't fear anybody in the Championship as they showed on Saturday. Bristol City will be another big test tomorrow night, but the one thing you can count on with Jokanovic is that the Fulham head coach will ensure his players keep their feet firmly on the ground.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/02/fulham-shouldnt-fear-anyone-in-the-championship-as-they-proved-against-aston-villa/

WhiteJC

Jokanović: Great Support

Slaviša Jokanović says the travelling faithful can help Fulham to victory against Bristol City on Wednesday evening.

The Whites will be backed by around 1,500 fans at Ashton Gate, a fine following for a midweek away, fresh from an electric atmosphere at the Cottage for the Aston Villa victory.

"They are always very important for us," Jokanović told fulhamfc.com. "At the Cottage now it's better, the atmosphere feels different.

"We must be satisfied because tomorrow we are going to have 1,500 of our away supporters.

"They push us many times and I am sure they are going to push us again and fight with us for the new points.

"I know it's going to be a cold night but I expect we can provide some warmth for them to have a happy and safe trip home."

Despite a tough start to 2018, the Robins still occupy the final Play-Off spot beneath Jokanović's side, but he is expecting a stern test against a team who won 2-0 in SW6 back in October.

"It's a really complicated game for us," he admitted. "We are going to find an aggressive team, a team we were not especially successful against when we [last] played them.

"They're very strong and fast in attack, pressing with the ball, pressing after they've lost it. And at set-pieces we must be aware and care about small details in this game.

"We have good momentum, we must trust in ourselves, we must trust we can play good football and fight to try and find our best performance.

"The next game is the most important one, and the next game is the Bristol City one, and we must be ready and push hard to come back with the points from Bristol."

Jokanović made a hat-trick of changes to his team for the Villa win, and he will continue to make full use of the players at his disposal as the City and Wolverhampton Wanderers fixtures this week mark a hectic eight days.

"I am really satisfied with the mentality of my squad, not only the 11 players who started the game," he stated. "My experience in this competition in the past, when I got promoted one time with Watford, was that I used many players from my squad.

"I cannot survive three games in one week with 11 players. Now we have more options, I have important players in different lines of the team.

"Our expectations are high and we expect we can repeat our good performances, we can play good games with different players.

"I trust that we can all together do a great job and I expect the individual quality of all these people will serve the team."

Fans have until 3pm on Wednesday to secure their tickets for Bristol City. Call 0203 871 0810 (option 3) to book.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/20/slavisa-jokanovic-great-support

WhiteJC

Revealed: Why ex-Fulham and Leeds striker has QPR owner Tony Fernandes to thank for feeling the best ever in his career

Queens Park Rangers star gives fans a big insight into early morning regime

Queens Park Rangers striker Matt Smith is in the best shape he's ever been in thanks to club owner Tony Fernandes' personal trainer, writes Mark Ritson.

The big hitman was one of a few players at the club who were pinpointed to try and get even leaner to shed any excess body fat.

Now, Smith has given Hoops supporters an insight into the sort of training he's endured this season to achieve his goal.

And he intends to continue the early morning starts in order to be in the best condition possible for Ian Holloway's side.

Smith was a constant aerial threat on Saturday against Bolton Wanderers, and deservedly grabbed an assist and goal in the 2-0 win.

"I feel much lighter," he said, speaking exclusively to Get West London.

"Every club I had been at, I was told I had eight per cent body fat. So it was never something I had to address.

"Fair play to QPR because they have really made an emphasis on me addressing that and made sure I adhere to a strict programme.

"I am reaping the dividends, and I am in the shape of my life and career over six years. It's hard work but anyone who does boxing will tell you that you get a weird kick out of it."

"Whichever club I have been at, I had been in single figures so I thought I never had any issues with my body fat.

"When I came to QPR they did a thing called a DEXA scan test, which is when they scan your whole body and it's the most accurate way of doing it.

"I was found to be way above what I thought I was. So it was a positive in a way because I've managed to address it and managed to lose around seven kilos.

"I probably started it around September and it's been a hard process. I have been coming in around an hour and a half before everyone else in the morning, getting in for 7.45am to do fasted cardio.

"So I work closely with Tony Fernandes' personal trainer, and it was nice of Tony to put him on for me. We do a lot of boxing, body weight stuff and cardio-based stuff at the crack of dawn before training.

"It is hard, and I enjoy the boxing. Now, I am below the required threshold and lost all the weight I needed to.

"It's been something I've continued to do because I enjoy it and it's actually beneficial for my footwork. Les Ferdinand also does boxing with me in the morning and oversees me with the personal trainer.

"There was also a bit of interval training and speed work, there wasn't really any lifting weights of any kind, just the shed the weight I didn't know I had."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-ex-fulham-leeds-striker-14314076

WhiteJC

Jokanovic expecting tough test against 'aggressive' Bristol City
by Dan on February 20, 2018

Slavisa Jokanovic has warned his Fulham players that they will be punished for any overconfidence at Ashton Gate tomorrow night and he is expecting a tough test from Lee Johnson's 'aggressive, strong and fast team'.

The Whites travel to Bristol on a ten-match unbeaten run and full of confidence after Saturday's impressive defeat of promotion rivals Aston Villa, but the Fulham head coach has not forgotten how clinically the Robins exposed his side's frailties during a ruthless 2-0 win at Craven Cottage last October.

Promotion-chasing City might be experiencing some jitters after throwing away a 3-0 lead at home to Sunderland and surrendering a two-goal advantage at Leeds on Sunday, but Jokanovic told Fulham's official website that his side will face a stern examination of their promotion credentials tomorrow night.

It's a really complicated game for us. We are going to find an aggressive team, a team we were not especially successful against when we played them. They're very strong and fast in attack, pressing with the ball, pressing after they've lost it. And at set-pieces we must be aware and care about small details in this game.

We have good momentum, we must trust in ourselves, we must trust we can play good football and fight to try and find our best performance. The next game is the most important one, and the next game is the Bristol City one, and we must be ready and push hard to come back with the points from Bristol.

Jokanovic professed himself delighted with the way his new-look squad approached the win over Aston Villa and reiterated that he is likely to be forced to use most of his players during the run-in.

I am really satisfied with the mentality of my squad, not only the eleven players who started the game. My experience in this competition in the past, when I got promoted one time with Watford, was that I used many players from my squad. I cannot survive three games in one week with 11 players. Now we have more options, I have important players in different lines of the team.

Our expectations are high and we expect we can repeat our good performances, we can play good games with different players. I trust that we can all together do a great job and I expect the individual quality of all these people will serve the team.

The Fulham boss also offered words of praise for the club's supporters, with more than 1,500 fans making the journey to Ashton Gate for the rearranged fixture tomorrow night.

We must be satisfied because tomorrow we are going to have 1,500 of our away supporters. They push us many times and I am sure they are going to push us again and fight with us for the new points. They are always very important for us. At the Cottage now it's better, the atmosphere feels different.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/02/jokanovic-expecting-tough-test-against-aggressive-bristol-city/

WhiteJC

In brief: Pre-Fulham home press conference

Dean Holden met the media ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship encounter with Fulham in BS3.

The City assistant head coach answered questions from the local and national press, along with defender Nathan Baker.

Here's what they had to say:

DEAN HOLDEN
- Josh Brownhill fit to face Fulham after calf knock.

- The game comes too soon for Gary O'Neil, who will feature for the Under-23s again on Friday.

- Holden reports that Milan Djuric, Eros Pisano Jens Hegeler, Callum O'Dowda and Matty Taylor are all progressing well on their road to recovery.

- Holden admits people are right to question the late goals conceded recently.

- The assistant head coach adds: "We're still sixth in the table, playing some scintillating football and there's 14 big games to play."

- Holden says tomorrow's clash with the Cottagers will be a good footballing contest.

- The coach is pleased to have the "warrior" Nathan Baker back after suspension.

- He adds that Marlon Pack's suspension offers a chance for others in the squad to stake their claim.

- Holden says: "There are other teams in the division who would love to be where we are. I think we would have taken sixth in the table in mid-February way back in the summer."

NATHAN BAKER
- Baker reflects on a frustrating three weeks.

- Defender says it was tough training with the lads each week but not being able to affect a matchday.

- Baker says he won't change his playing style after red card against QPR.

- Former Villa man says it's all to play for in the league, with City still in sixth place.

- "It's a shame the ban didn't come over Christmas when the games come fast, instead it's been three long weeks," adds Baker.

- Defender says Fulham will be tough opposition, but takes confidence from victory at Craven Cottage back in October.

- He adds: "They're a footballing team so it should be a game that suits us."

- Baker says mood isn't too downhearted by recent fightbacks by Sunderland and Leeds United. He adds: "We've been playing some good stuff."

- "The fans have been brilliant all year and we'll need them again tomorrow," says Baker.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/in-brief-pre-fulham-home-press-conference/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic's makes telling admission about NUFC after making his full debut for Fulham

After making his full debut for Fulham on Saturday, Aleksandar Mitrovic has admitted that he does not regret moving to Newcastle United back in 2015, explaining that we are one of the 'big names' in Serbian football and a team he supported from a young age.

The Serbian had built up a special rapport with some sections of the St James' Park crowd, however he and Rafa Benitez were clearly not on the same wavelength, with him making just a handful of appearances this season prior to his loan move to Fulham last month.

He made his first start at Craven Cottage on Saturday, starring in their crucial 2-0 win over promotion rivals Aston Villa, and he has since spoken out about his move to Newcastle, explaining why he does not regret to move despite a difficult few years at the club:

"They (Newcastle) are big names in Serbian football, and here in English football, and they told me it's the hardest league in the world, so I wanted to see what it was like,"
    "I joined Newcastle because from a young age I supported them. I don't why, but they had black-and-white colours, the same colours as Partizan Belgrade.
    "I chose Newcastle and I didn't make a mistake."

It's always been clear the Mitro loves the club and wants to succeed at St James' Park as much as anyone, but I also can't help but think that he'll have to return from Fulham in the summer a changed man and a player reborn if Rafa's to give him a second chance at the club.

Either way, I'm glad to see him playing football again at Fulham, with their attacking and positive style of play likely to suit the big Serbian.

I'm not his biggest fan, but I would welcome it if he can score plenty goals between now and the end of the season and put himself back in Benitez's plans.

Here's him admitting that Newcastle are his favourite back in 2013 (when he played for Partizan Belgrade):

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2018/02/20/aleksandar-mitrovics-makes-telling-admission-about-his-nufc-move-following-his-full-fulham-debut/

WhiteJC

Jokanovic issues positive message to squad ahead of Bristol City trip

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic watched as his side made it ten league matches in a row without defeat by beating fellow high-fliers Aston Villa 2-0 on Saturday afternoon.

Second half goals from Ryan Sessegnon and Floyd Ayite secured the win for the Cottagers who were particularly dominant in the second half against a side that had strung together seven straight victories themselves but were missing key men Albert Adomah and Jack Grealish through injury.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

From facing a in-form team and seeing them off, Fulham now travel to face Bristol City, who are just one place below the Whites in the league but have struggled since New Year, winning just once in all competitions.

Jokanovic, who knows what it takes to get out of the Championship having been promoted with Watford, is keen not to underestimate Lee Johnson's men, who won the reverse fixture at Craven Cottage this season 2-0 and called upon his entire squad to show their quality.

He told the club's official website: "I am really satisfied with the mentality of my squad, not only the 11 players who started. When I got promoted with Watford, I used many players from my squad.

"I cannot survive three games in one week with 11 players. Now we have more options, I have important players in different lines of the team.

"Our expectations are high and we expect we can repeat our good performances, we can play good games with different players.

"We are going to find an aggressive team, a team we were not especially successful against when we [last] played them.

"They're very strong and fast in attack, pressing with the ball, pressing after they've lost it and at set-pieces we must be aware and care about small details in this game."

The Verdict

Jokanovic is an intense character, and he knows how inconsistent Fulham can be given their early season performances.

That patchy form feels a long way off now but the Serbian knows that Fulham could slip back into that if they take their foot off the gas.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jokanovic-issues-positive-message-to-squad-ahead-of-bristol-city-trip/

WhiteJC

Bristol City v Fulham preview

Marlon Pack is suspended for Bristol City

Bristol City will be without the suspended Marlon Pack when they host fellow Championship play-off hopefuls Fulham.

Pack received his 10th yellow card of the season during the 2-2 draw with Leeds on Sunday and must now serve a two-match ban. Fellow midfielder Josh Brownhill was nursing a slight injury following the game at Elland Road but he trained on Tuesday and is expected to remain in contention.

Central defender Nathan Baker is available again after serving his three-match ban as City look for a first league win in four outings.

Fulham will assess captain Tom Cairney as his knee injury continues to be managed. The midfielder missed two matches with the problem but returned as a substitute in the 1-1 draw at Bolton before starting the home win against Aston Villa on Saturday, playing the entire game.

Boss Slavisa Jokanovic has no other injury concerns but may make changes as he looks to extend Fulham's 10-match unbeaten run in the Championship. The likes of Oliver Norwood, Lucas Piazon, Rui Fonte and Cyrus Christie could come into Jokanovic's thinking.

Opta stats
Bristol City have won four of their last five matches against Fulham in all competitions, losing the other at Ashton Gate last season (0-2).

The Cottagers have won each of their last three away league visits to Bristol City since losing 5-1 in April 1990.

Fulham are unbeaten in their last 10 league games (W8 D2) - the current longest such run in the division.

As a manager of English clubs in all competitions, Slavisa Jokanovic has lost four matches against Lee Johnson - more than any against any other manager.

Prutton's prediction
Bristol City will be really disappointed with the way they've thrown away two comfortable leads in two games. If they had won both they'd be right back up in the mix for automatic promotion, but instead they're now looking over their shoulder at the pack chasing a play-off place.

Fulham are the best team in the league right now and their confidence will be sky high after beating Aston Villa on Saturday. I think their run will continue on Wednesday night at Ashton Gate.

David Prutton predicts: 1-2 (17/2 with Sky Bet)

http://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-c-vs-fulham/preview/375007

WhiteJC

Duff proves key in Rovers' swoop for Sean Kavanagh

Glowing reports from U15s coach Damien Duff led Shamrock Rovers to keep a close eye on Fulham full-back Sean Kavanagh and ultimately snatch him from under the noses of Derry City, Stephen Bradley revealed on Tuesday.

Former Republic of Ireland U21 Kavanagh - who was in the Cottagers' academy when Duff plied his trade there - had been training with the Candystripes and looked nailed on to move to the Brandywell.

However, once Bradley came calling the Dubliner admitted he just couldn't turn him down.

Kavanagh could feature in Friday night's home clash with Dundalk in Tallaght pending international clearance.

"I'm delighted to be here," the 24-year-old told the club website.

"It's the biggest club in Ireland so as soon as it comes knocking it's hard to say no.

"Stephen McPhail and Stephen Bradley rang me and it came about quite quickly over the weekend to get it done for today. I was really close to signing for Derry, I was just waiting for my deal to get sorted at Fulham.

"But Rovers came knocking and I'm a Dublin boy. It's tough to turn down Rovers."

Derry boss Kenny Shiels said he believes Kavanagh will go on to prove himself as the best full-back in the Premier Division and Bradley was thrilled to get his man.

"Damien Duff was with Sean at Fulham and made me well aware of him, about a year ago, what type of player and character he was," he said.

"He said if he became available we should definitely try and get him so we just kept tabs on him.

"When we knew he was agreeing to leave Fulham we made contact. He's been training at Derry and I know they liked him but once we spoke to him he said there's only one place he wanted to play.

"Sean's played at a really good level for a number of years now. He can play a number of positions, full-back, left or right-wing or centre-midfield. He has really good quality on the ball.

"He's a good professional, he wants to work hard and do his business right so it all just fitted for what we need."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0220/942197-duff-proves-key-in-rovers-swoop-for-sean-kavanagh/

WhiteJC

Lee Johnson's big selection dilemmas and who could replace Marlon Pack against Fulham

Lee Johnson's will be casting his mind over the following issues

Bristol City gain one but lose one as Fulham make the trip along the 117-mile trip along the M4 on Wednesday.

Nathan Baker returns to the side after suspension but Marlon Pack begins a two match ban.

Improved defence then but a weakened midfield, with Pack having been a key player of late for City.

Plenty for head coach Lee Johnson to decide upon.

Who replaces Marlon Pack?

The dynamic central midfielder has played some 2,188 minutes of action this campaign and is a key influence in the dressing room and on the pitch for the Robins.

So much so that Pep Guardiola picked out the former Portsmouth man for praise following the two-legged Carabao Cup semi-final against Manchester City and Dean Holden remarked that "he's a really intelligent midfielder who knits the team together".

Options to replace him include Liam Walsh, Josh Brownhill (my tip) or even pulling back Bobby Reid as happened against Bolton when Lois Diony moved up front.

Does Jamie Paterson get a recall?

The key City midfielder's ingenuity and guile were arguably lacking against Leeds on Sunday. While some fans say that the former Nottingham Forest man is not in form class is permanent.

Paterson should be firing on all cylinders on Wednesday and is one of the league's most creative players. Much of City's good attacking comes through the midfielder and the Robins really need the goals that he brings from midfield.

The attacking midfielder could easily be the match-winner on Wednesday.

Would you play Joe Bryan at left midfield or left-back?

The buccaneering defender put in a solid display against Paul Heckingbottom's side but arguably was out of form in the two matches before, culpable for mistakes against Bolton and Sunderland.

However, there's an argument that Bryan offers good protection from left midfield as well as goals from this more forward starting point.

That could see Hordur Magnusson continue in the side at left-back, as the Icelandic defender did against Manchester City, making the Robins tougher to play against overall and more defensively sound.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-team-news-fulham-1240605?service=responsive