watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Walk out music

Started by Riversider, February 21, 2018, 04:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

I was listening to the David Rodigan show last night at work on my BBC Radio app, and he played The Liquidator by Harry J All stars, and mentioned that it was used by Chelsea as their walk out music but is also used by 9 other clubs,
It got me thinking that even though I'm a season ticket holder and a music fan I have literally no idea what our walk out music is, so easily forgettable that it is,
If you could choose some new walk out music that would be more memorable and we as supporters could instantly associate with Fulham Football Club what would it be ?

The number 1 piece of music associated with a football club is "Sunshine on Leith" and Hibernian , look up the Scottish Cup Final on YouTube, very moving.

RP24

For our second half I know we play London calling by the clash which I think is perfect for us.

I think for the actual walk in they play a musical version of insomnia by faithless with no words and this comes after a song which gets the clappers going (can't remeber what it's called now) and some pop song which I think is done by Rihanna from what my younger brother who is in to pop told me.

Fulham 442

Just watched it - fabulous.  Mind you I love that film anyway!!

RaySmith

'London You're a Lady' -The Pogues, this would be brilliant-
https://youtu.be/41aOYa8SLLs

Wolf

Pre match instrumental (that 'gets the clappers going') is from the film Moulin Rouge. I really like hearing it, a great and unique Fulham vibe.

I kind of hated London Calling when they started playing it, but its now a Fulham thing
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

cookieg

Never let me down again by Depeche Mode would seem very appropriate!!

Carborundum

My suggestion is that the clappers music gets shifted.  Opening quiet piece, stadium announcer then says "ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the pitch the teams of somewhere and Fulham" and then clappers bit starts and the teams walk out.  It's brilliant music, utterly fulhamish and we just don't use it to very best effect.

That leaves some airtime.  The club could send a message that frankly needs sending. I feel love by Donna Summer or Don't leave me this way by the Communards would be good.   Belting songs and, as it happens the former was playing on the tannoy the first time I crested stadium steps for a night game and fell in love with live football.