News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This Team Beginning To Show They Have Guts.

Started by Mince n Tatties, February 21, 2018, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Stood up well to the physical side of Bristol and them Free kicks,corners and throws...Well done lads.
Only moan is nearly 2000 Fulham there tonight and apart from about 5 players the rest head off down tunnel...Come  on boys show respect,should have all gone over to the support.

General

Shame we could only muster a draw.. bristol played well. Feel changing things around may not have been necessary and may have put us enough on an uneasy footing to stop us winning. Clear dis-ease with new boys.

Mince n Tatties

We can't and nobody wins every game.I would have taken the point there tonight beforehand.

ffc73

That was a hard fought well earned point. Could quite easily have lost that

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I am happy with a point under the circumstances.
But Jok has to take a serious look at who he starts on Saturday.
Very disappointed that less than half the team bothered to come over and acknowledge and thank the Fulham fans. The rest went down the tunnel, that's a poor show.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 21, 2018, 10:06:57 PM
Very disappointed that less than half the team bothered to come over and acknowledge and thank the Fulham fans. The rest went down the tunnel, that's a poor show.

Huddersfield manager has them doing what they do in Germany, all join hands and go to fans at end.
I think most were heading for tunnel till Sess called the remaining ones  to go to fans.

RaySmith

Good point - well battled lads.

But they should all have thanked the fans.

CincyFulham1

It could be that they where just frustrated with the performance weren't thinking clearly as they went off.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 21, 2018, 10:12:12 PM

Huddersfield manager has them doing what they do in Germany, all join hands and go to fans at end.
I think most were heading for tunnel till Sess called the remaining ones  to go to fans.

Yes it was Sess the youngest player reminded them, good on him, but I hope Jok ensures that does not happen again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

A good point.

The Bristol press reporting that City relied on cynical challenges to restrain the Cottagers.  Were there any yellow cards tonight?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Just seen the edited highlights on ?Sky.
As a fan of Bettiinelli he seemed to have a nightmare this evening with his punched clearances and strange feet first saves.
Perhaps the aerial bombardment was getting to his nerves.

davew

What was that all about, shameful!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 21, 2018, 10:39:15 PM
As a fan of Bettiinelli he seemed to have a nightmare this evening with his punched clearances and strange feet first saves.

Some have gave him MoM,he was all over the place at times,but that bombardment was fierce..

JoelH5

We were lucky to get a draw tonight. Still, it was more important in my opinion that we didn't lose tonight. Let's look at the positives. Mitro has got his first goal, A few of the squad got rests and so will be better for Saturday, some non-starters got a chance which will be good for morale and Derby dropped points!

It could have been a lot worse
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 21, 2018, 10:42:30 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 21, 2018, 10:39:15 PM

Some have gave him MoM,he was all over the place at times,but that bombardment was fierce..
To be honest having watched City's previous match, I thought we would get stuffed! Happy to have got a point though not that happy with the changes in the starting 11.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Rambler

Let's keep the spirits up - I've had a look at Cardiff's run of fixtures between now and the end of the season and there are some hard ones in there, they'll definitely drop points.

Weird game tonight, hectic, proper village football from City with their long throws and punts into the box. Hopefully everyone made it out unscathed (Targett especially)

Slight downer if there is one, our away form is slightly dodge - only in so much that we don't seem to dominate teams like we do at home and can't kill off games

KJS

Quote from: Rambler on February 21, 2018, 10:49:15 PM
Let's keep the spirits up - I've had a look at Cardiff's run of fixtures between now and the end of the season and there are some hard ones in there, they'll definitely drop points.

Weird game tonight, hectic, proper village football from City with their long throws and punts into the box. Hopefully everyone made it out unscathed (Targett especially)

Slight downer if there is one, our away form is slightly dodge - only in so much that we don't seem to dominate teams like we do at home and can't kill off games

If you think unbeaten is the last 6 away games is slightly dodgy then I am lost for words??!?!? :doh:

Max Headroom

Bristol are a good team, and I thought Bobby Reid (their no 14) had a fantastic game. They clearly decided they had an aerial advantage, and we all know we arent the best at defending set pieces.

Happy with the point.

From the tough run of six games my view is that we needed 8 points to not lag behind the play off places, so four from the first two games is pretty good....

Villa only have three more games against the top ten (and all at home) so I dont think we will make second.