watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Christie, please not again

Started by DevonFFC, February 21, 2018, 10:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

I hope Fred stays because if Christie is the long term replacement we have issues. He offered little, poor touch and apart from the goal which fair play to him a very poor cross.

rvFFC

Too early to write a player off after just one game....

Lighthouse

A little early to make conclusions. First game for a time in a new team. Provided a good cross for our goal. Wait a little before deciding he should not play again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DevonFFC

Not writing him off just compared what I have been watching with Fred I'd be gutted if that is our long term replacement

Mince n Tatties

His touch was terrible,gave away 2 corners with bad control,but he want be up to match standard yet through not playing.

RaySmith

Give him a chance, he has a good reputation.

MJG

Clearly some people never learn from past mistakes
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Yes we have to give him a chance. You cannot judge a player on one game. Tonight was no picnic, it was fast and furious, and both sides made too many unforced errors. There were tired legs out there as well. I was hoping Kebano would have been amongst the subs that came on.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Well, the evidence before today stood as:

Excellent for 'Boro against us at the Cottage
Tony Pulis didn't fancy him

That surely earns him the benefit of the doubt for a while yet.

DevonFFC

I will judge him on one performance as that is all I have seen in a Fulham shirt, happy to have egg on my face, today was a very poor display.

davew

Quote from: SG on February 21, 2018, 10:23:56 PM
FFS  :doh:
+1, I waited at least 6 games to write off a 9m player and have done so ever since, Christie is allowed a lot more games yet before I write him off! I think Joka should have kept the same team from the week-end, it's posted on another thread. The inquest about the team selection tonight will no doubt gather pace as the night rolls on especially after we didn't win, but then we didn't lose either and we are still 5th!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ollienixs on February 21, 2018, 10:27:45 PM
I will judge him on one performance as that is all I have seen in a Fulham shirt, happy to have egg on my face, today was a very poor display.

I understand your concern, and you can only comment on what you see. I hope his reputation that he is a good footballing defender eventually comes to the fore and his next performance is a lot better.
Having said that, he was part of a defence that only got beaten once and was bombarded with a lot of high balls that had to be dealt with.
He may be a a little ring rusty, but I think he will turn out to be a good addition.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hopper

Player makes unbelievably quality assist on debut and gets slagged off.

HV71

HV71

" my scapegoat , my scapegoat- my kingdom for a scapegoat !"

I m not worried about what your eyes saw I m just somewhat alarmed at the interpretation from any potential grey matter that might be in evidence. That is his first game in a Fulham shirt - please please demonstrate some level of grace and humanity!

JoelH5

He was very quiet after his assist but that alone was an incredible ball. Without it we probably would have lost. Yes, I still prefer Fredericks but he could be a bloody good backup
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sgt Fulham

I was at the game. Odd post. Great assist and didn't do too much wrong. At least give the guy more than a game.

glenhodgso

Quote from: ollienixs on February 21, 2018, 10:27:45 PM

I understand your viewpoint and at times tonight I too was frustrated by his performance- but, back at the hotel with a glass of wine to reflect, I think that if you compare Cyrus to Fred - on tonight's performance- then you are comparing a player who has not played recently, never played for the team before, and up against a very good team -  to probably one of the top three full backs in our league who had played nearly every game of the last season and two thirds and is in the best run of form of his career.

So, on balance - I will give Vyrus some more time - and he will play again - Fred was a racing certainty for a Yellow today if he played, and soon he will pick up a suspension. 

BTW - I thought Dennis was immense today (mostly) and anyone else notice how, despite all the pressure on him by the Bristol players, and with zero protection from the officials, Marcus still kept his run of only conceding a maximum of one goal per game this season. 

That's a good run to keep going !!!

:wine:  049:gif

DevonFFC

I have no had time to calm and I shall give him the benefit of the doubt a based on people's arguements but then I do question why introduce him into a game of such manerufe without any minutes off the bench before hand.

He didn't have a good game bar the pass and every fan sat around me was sharing that opioniin baes on the groans that I was hearing. Maybe I'm just used to watching Fred and disappointed.

Odoi was a class act and probably made the most passes forward