News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa's commets on the game tonight.....

Started by Fulham Tup North, February 21, 2018, 10:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

"We faced a different kind of football game, it was a great battle," Jokanović stated. "They were really solid, strong, bordering on the limit.

"In my opinion it was sometimes over the border of the limit but that was not the opinion of the referee. I must respect this.

"Sometimes I was a little bit confused about the rules, what is a foul and what is not.

"In the end I cannot complain, all credit to Bristol City, they play a different way to us, and both teams were close to winning three points; us with our weapons, them with their little bit different weapons

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/21/head-coach-reaction-bristol-city
082.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

JoelH5

Their weapons being fouling and trying to throw the ball into the net. Snore
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Mince n Tatties

How Flint wasn't yellow carded for the foul on Mitro,ref didn't even give foul...Hilarious.

glenhodgso

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 21, 2018, 10:46:48 PM
"We faced a different kind of football game, it was a great battle," Jokanović stated. "They were really solid, strong, bordering on the limit.

"In my opinion it was sometimes over the border of the limit but that was not the opinion of the referee. I must respect this.

"Sometimes I was a little bit confused about the rules, what is a foul and what is not.

"In the end I cannot complain, all credit to Bristol City, they play a different way to us, and both teams were close to winning three points; us with our weapons, them with their little bit different weapons

082.gif
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 21, 2018, 10:46:48 PM

I think our Head Coach has mastered the use of the English Language beautifully. His comments have made my day - sums up the game perfectly and everyone is in no doubt that he is saying that Bristol City were thugs and the officials were out of their depth.

DevonFFC

The red played into Bristol's hands throughout letting foul after foul go, he wa clueless for throw ins and corners seeing the Bristol appeal and giving it their way

Woolly Mammoth

I don't know where these refs come from, but each year that goes by, they have even less courage than the tear before. Less and less bottle. Impartiality has gone out the window.   
The ability to get decisions right, which got them to the standard where they are now, is thrown into the dustbin, due to their lack of Bolox to do the honest thing, they lay an egg, and some of the linos are no better, certainly not at Championship level. 
No excuses they pretend they didn't see anything, an easy way out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

Just got back - their football was crude aggressive and basic
But we couldn't play against it
They just stopped us playing our fluid game
Hope we don't meet them in the playoffs

Darkside

Quote from: Baszab on February 22, 2018, 12:44:30 AM
Just got back - their football was crude aggressive and basic
But we couldn't play against it
They just stopped us playing our fluid game
Hope we don't meet them in the playoffs

They are this year's Reading 

Carborundum

"Them with their little bit different weapons"

Has to go down as one of his best phrases yet.  Up their with good mental moments and railway stations.

grandad

Cardiff play the same thuggish way. One of their players said that when teams see our size & the robust tactics we employ they are afraid to play us. That is not football of any kind in my eyes. There is no need to crack an egg shell with a sledge hammer.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Cidered

Not sure where the idea that we play 'simple football' comes from. We used Magnusson's long throw a lot last night as LJ obviously thought you had a weakness in the air, but our counter-attacking 1 touch passing was much slicker than your possession based approach. I brought a mate to the game last night who's a Bristol Rovers fan, and he thought we were the better side with more dimensions to our game, where as he thought you were quite predictable. Likening it to a championship level Bayern vs Barcelona (minus a Messi type player).

Still I thought you passed it around nicely, and your form says you've done my well with it, so good luck for the rest of the season.

toshes mate

On another evening, with different officials in charge. the whole game would have panned out differently and we shouldn't be able to say that about any football match.  Officials are there to enforce the rules and not make them up as they go along.  Good to hear SJ saying  'We cannot be completely satisfied as we came here to win the game'. 

Carborundum

Quote from: grandad on February 22, 2018, 08:00:58 AM
Cardiff play the same thuggish way. One of their players said that when teams see our size & the robust tactics we employ they are afraid to play us. That is not football of any kind in my eyes. There is no need to crack an egg shell with a sledge hammer.
Sean Morrison's remarks were plain daft.  If you want to intimidate in football, say nothing at all and let the actions speak volumes.  As it stands those remarks are going to be pinned to the wall of thirteen dressing rooms and the motivational team talk for their opponents is sorted.

bill taylors apprentice

A cultured, articulate wordsmith couldn't have put it better than our Head Coach!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Cidered on February 22, 2018, 08:18:05 AM
Not sure where the idea that we play 'simple football' comes from. We used Magnusson's long throw a lot last night as LJ obviously thought you had a weakness in the air, but our counter-attacking 1 touch passing was much slicker than your possession based approach. I brought a mate to the game last night who's a Bristol Rovers fan, and he thought we were the better side with more dimensions to our game, where as he thought you were quite predictable. Likening it to a championship level Bayern vs Barcelona (minus a Messi type player).

Still I thought you passed it around nicely, and your form says you've done my well with it, so good luck for the rest of the season.

We (Fulham) have always been open to the high ball and more physical type of football. I agree with our manager that I am confused what is legal in the game and what isn't. But you are right that your counter attacking worked well and at times we do over play the ball. I would have taken a point before the game so remain happy enough. But we will always complain when sides like Cardiff and yourselves at times out muscle us and not always fairly as we see it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Agree with Jocanovic's post match analysis of Bristol City but just hope he is aware that before the end of the season we are likely to meet other teams with similar tactics.

YoungsBitter

It will be an interesting game between Cardiff and the Robins. Both play physical and yet Bristol I think play better football. I hope they stuff Colin's boys tomorrow - assuming we win too of course. We will know the result before kick off so even more to play for if Cardiff do lose, at that point back to 5 points if we win....
Quark, strangeness and charm

Whitesideup

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 22, 2018, 11:10:38 AM
Quote from: Cidered on February 22, 2018, 08:18:05 AM

We (Fulham) have always been open to the high ball and more physical type of football. I agree with our manager that I am confused what is legal in the game and what isn't. But you are right that your counter attacking worked well and at times we do over play the ball. I would have taken a point before the game so remain happy enough. But we will always complain when sides like Cardiff and yourselves at times out muscle us and not always fairly as we see it.
Well, overplaying the ball is often a fine margin. If however the level of possession means that some chances are created, and you take them, then the overplaying of the ball becomes much more like not giving the opponents the chance to create their own opportunities. I remember playing Arsenal and despite them dominating possession in the first half, they only had two attacks on goal - but we were then 2-0 down, both scored by Adebayor if I recall correctly.  Brilliant for them, but they were so close to 0-0 and everyone would have berated them.

Interesting that City think counter-attacking is the best option even when playing at home - again when it works you can say it's fantastic - when it doesn't it'll look simply as if you've been outplayed.

Forever Fulham

So cleverly stated.  Didn't attack the refs (but still made his observations apparent).  Didn't directly attack the opponent.   Did it slyly.  They've got their, er, um, ahh, way of playing, and we prefer not to play that way.  Brilliant.