watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Wolves

Started by terryr, February 22, 2018, 08:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Wolves fans have a sense of humour. They decided to do a verdict thread in advance of the game....describing events that hadnt happened and giving a sort of retrospective prediction.....make of it what you will.........  There was also quite a bit of other stuff across two boards once I looked into threads that weren't obviously Fulham specific

" For some reason we don't seem to have a Fulham Verdict thread.
I am interested in your score predictions.
Not an easy one to predict IMHO.
My head says 1-1.
My heart says 1-2 ."

" Verdict thread? We need to play the game first!"

" While you are in the future could you please tell me the winning lotto numbers for Saturday? Ta!"

" Think they might as well give us the trophy now. Those 2 goals by Jota and Bonatini in the last 5 minutes really sealed a great win. Great to see Afobe get his 1st since his return.
Pity Neves picked up that yellow late on. Anyway, onwards to Reading."

" I think they all played well but once again Steve Claridge was man of the match. You can tell how much we have improved since Dean Saunders returned to us getting us out of the mess that Nuno got us in to.:eek::p:p Oh well on to the next victory."

" What was the score?!"

" A point wasn't a bad result, after winning in the week and with Cardiff, Derby and Villa all drawing too it's one game closer to the title. Nice for Afobe to get off the mark too."

" WIM GONNA THROW IT AWAY, WE LOST TODAY AND VILLA WINNING HAS CLOSED THE GAP TO 12 POINTS WITH 12 GAMES REMAINING. SAISS IS ****E WE NEED A SNOTTER IN THE MIDDLE AND THIS IS FOSUNS FAILING. THIS COULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED BUT ALL WE DID IN JANUARY WAS BUY AN UNPROVEN KID AND RELY ON LOANS!!!!"

" just seen the highlights, great goal by Coady!"

" I think we're gonna verdict them 2 nil."

" Thought we bossed their midfield and that wonder strike from Afobe at the end was the icing on the sugar-free diabetic friendly cake.

Norris - About time he got a start, a couple of decent saves in the first half, not much to do in the second. What I love about Norris is not just that his distribution is excellent but the timing for coming out for crosses is impeccable. Must start for me against Naarwich 8/10

Batth - His first game since that red card. Not much to do covering the right side of the field. Nearly scored from a corner in the second, unlucky not to. 7/10

Coady - Imperious and FINALLY gets a goal this season and what a goal it was, he must be watching Neves in training, what a curler 8/10

Boly - I still can't believe he's our player, hope he's the first loanee we sign in the summer. Nothing gets past him and he can play, the way he turned and took 2 players out in the second half was a joy to watch. SO glad I brought my kids with me, they adore him 9/10

Neves - He's unplayable when he's in this mood. We're getting accustomed to his fantasy goals but today's one will be doing the rounds for many more seasons to come. There is sport, then there is football and after that comes Neves, he has literally re-defined the sport 10/10

Saiss - I know many on here didn't rate him last season because they weren't brave enough to go against Lambert, Tim Spiers and North West Wanderers. Those of us who have played can tell you this guy is a footballer's footballer. We miss him when he's not on the field. The best recycler of the ball I've seen in ages and I love love love his new purple barnet 9/10

Douglas - Marshalled the left flank, tracked back really well today, was put under a little pressure when Fulham had that 10 minute flurry in the first but he kept his composure and connected well with Jota. That pass out to Doc in the second half shows you just ho much confidence this lad has and he only cost us a mill, what a steal 7/10

Doc - Not his best game tbf but he's earned it, I felt like Cav had to drop deep on one or two occasions to support him. A meh perfomance in an otherwise excellent season. Rightly subbed IMO 6/10

Costa - **** me, this man can do it all when he fancies it, my head is spinning from all the megnuts, he's pure filth and back to his best. Great assist in the first half (what a turn and cross). Honestly, I suspect he's better than Diogo if he can keep this form. Joint MOTM 10/10

Jota - The Man of Steel. I think the Fulham defence kicked him more than they kicked the ball. A battling performance from an incredible player. It was obvious Fulham had identified him as ou biggest threat and put two men on him at all times. Quiet performance but was involved in the build up to THAT goal. 7/10

CAVALEIRO - This man is genius, full stop. Again, many of the Lambert fans on here weren't brave enough to go against the herd last year, so it's oubly satisfying to see him bag his first hattrick in a Wolves shirt. He ran his tail off today, was involved in all 5 goals and walked away with the match ball deservedly. Joint MOTM and POTS 11/10

Subs:
Afobe - Other than the goal, which will make the list for one of the best this season, he didn't do much. I think his positioning is slightly off and sometimes just isn't on the same wavelength as his team. That said, given that Bonatini decided to look after his sick dog today (aww bless) it's great we signed him again 7/10
The fans were brilliant and the Fulham fans were not too bad wither, I think they enjoyed the spectacle as much as we did.

"Fulham will fancy this but we will hit them on the break, 2-0 Wolves."

" Finally, my 6-0 prediction actually happened. I won £20 quid on the lottery and copped off with Rachel Riley that evening too. These are the days."

" Well, that was a game of two halves! We were great in the first half, and Fulham were terrible in the second. Always nice to score a few goals, 7-0 does boost that goal difference a little bit more too.
Thought it was brave of Nuno to drop Ruddy in favour of Afobe and play without a recognised keeper, but he got it spot on. Coady as sweeper keeper was inspired. Thought the red card for Fulham in the 4th minute was harsh, never seen a player get his second yellow so early in a game before. I suppose Cavaleiro did make a meal of the second foul...
Surprised to see Jeff Shi named on the bench ahead of Rafa Mir, but when he came on and volleyed home the seventh, just showed what a tactial genius Nuno is. Shame he got booked for taking his shirt off and jumping into the neutral zone, we don't want him suspended for the run-in. "

" 4 points from tonight and Fulham and we are as good as up."

"I  can't believe it only took 9 minutes to get back to Euston from Craven cottage.
This made the 2-0 defeat more bearable. What was Ruddy thinking."

" Wasn't happy I found out why they're called the cottagers..."

" I almost burst into tears when that final goal went in."

" Fulham gave it a good go, but simply didn't have the quality to stop Wolves from retaining the FA Cup for the third straight season. They will take consolation from the fact we're already in the Champions League for next season, so they'll take a deserved Europa League spot.......oh thats in 2022 sorry haven't looked ahead to this Saturday yet"

" A game where neither team really showed up and it affected the crowd who were very quite. A game of two halves and it was impossible to seperate the sides on today performance. A good result for both and no injuries or bookings to report although nuno commented we will move on as although he was satified with the overall performance we must learn and improve further."

" Fat lady's clearing her throat now after that result well done everyone tea lady an all"

" Been reading a few other threads and Fulham seem to be very confident of beating us.
I feel that we are able to go up a gear when we need to and therefore think that we will win 2-1."

" Should be a really good game with two of the best footballing sides in the Championship.
I do believe that much depends on how the results pan out tonight and the impact and pressure on each side.
As has been said, results tonight (whichever way they go) will shake up that play off zone considerably."

" The leagues two highest scoring teams would tend to indicate an exciting game with goals so most likely end 0-0 which really wouldn't be so bad. However Fulham whilst scoring nearly as many as Wolves concede far more."

" OK guys - I was tired when I posted the thread it was of course a prediction thread!
No champers involved - just a genuine error.
Score predictions please!!!"

" I'd take a draw but fearing the worst. I've got a couple of Fulham friends and they swear they're the best team in the league at the moment especially when at home. We need our front three to really be on it come 5:30pm Sat."

" Another 4-4 ?"

" I think we might have a bit of a romp at Fulham as they are quite a good side and will want to play football.
Fulham FC 2 - 4 Wolverhampton Wanderers"

" Fulham 2-1 Wolves."

" Possibly our tough test remaining game. But Fulhams style will allow us to play our football.
Fulham 0 - 2 Wolves"

"Fulham 1 - 3 Wolves
Tight game, great watch, great day. Bring it on, come on lads! "

" 2-1 Fulham but would be happy with a draw"

" The first time I have predicted anything other than a firm spanking of the opposition . 1-1 will do me ."

" Leo has to start. He won't find his form on the bench and we need someone to actually hold the ball up and link midfield to attack."

" Fulham 3 Wolves 1
Thermonuclear meltdown"

" I think we'll win 1-0, clean sheet for Ruddy and Jota with the goal."

" Really tough game this one. Got a feeling without Neves we may lose it. 2-1"

" Based on the verdict thread we are gonna get hammered 10 - 0.
Based on my judgement, we're gonna go there and show em why were champs ... 2 - 0 to Wolves."

" If we play like we did tonight we will get thumped , cant see anything but a home win for this.
Fulham 3 Wolves 1"

" Play like that and it will be another disappointing day at the office.
In trying to be positive despite our dropped points tonight hopefully this is a real kick up the backside that is perhaps needed.
Big performance needed from N'Diaye and Saiss who were both largely average tonight."

"The fact P2 has sold out suggests the whole end is gonna be rammed with Wolves. Superb."

" With all the Wolfs in the neutral zone, will this technically be our biggest away following of the year? "

" I reckon 6-7000 Wolves fans gonna be there."

" do 'neutral' fans even sit in this section? I dont get it. Whats a neutral fan? A tourist at a guess but even then FFS.
Surely its just for away fans who don't get tickets in away end? The irony is this went general sale. Will be interesting looking across at this neutral section and see what its all about."

" I will wave"

" on't get thrown out at Fulham the stewards are right pricks got me nicked there once for questioning their decision to not let me mate in. Stewards slyly putting digs in as they 'detained me' to try to provoke a reaction.

Was never charged but it did cost me a national express back to Brum and taxi from Brum to home (let out of the station just as the last train to Wolverhampton left Euston funny that), a few missed games on my season ticket (due to conditions whilst on bail) and a train fair to go and answer bail only to be told they meant to ring me the night before as I didn't need to as they were taking no further action.
Wasn't all bad though...the copper who nicked me was tidy (I did ask her if she fancied going for a drink once she let me out but apparently it's frowned on)"

" Good advice.
The stewards at Brentford were great even though we were among the home fans and although some Wolves fans kicked off with their singing they just calmed the situation and threw nobody out.
From my experience they were heavy-handed at Fulham and as I said above they were dick-swishers."

" Going with a few from work for this one of which is a Fulham fan yet to break the news he is probs going to be the only Fulham fan in the stand!"

" Fans of both teams. Strange, I know, but the system works and it's a good atmosphere."

" I'm guessing for this fixture you won't see much difference between this section and an extended away end at any other away game when you look across. It's likely to be 95% Wolves fans in there. The reason people brought in the neutral end in the first place is you could purchase a ticket in there back in November and therefore guarantee your seat rather then waiting for general release and maybe not getting hold of one, looking back it seems it wasn't necessary."

TEAM VS FULHAM

" Do we stick with two in central midfield without Neves or do we play NDiaye, Saiss and Gibbs White to try and counter their central midfield? I suppose Gibbs White could play slightly further forward in support of Cav and another.
Does Norris come in for Ruddy?
This is a big big game for us now and will be interesting to see what side Nuno picks to counter the loss of Neves and compete with Fulham's good central midfield."

" Leo."

" Ruddy

Bennet. Coast. Boly

Doherty. MGW. N'Daiye. Douglas

Cav. Jota. Costa"

" Same as when Ruben was out against Blues.

Ruddy
Bennett, Coady, Boly
Doherty, N'Diaye, Saiss, Douglas
Cav, Bonatini, Jota

Norris, Batth, Miranda, MGW, Afobe, Costa, Bright"

" Same as for me with Saiss for Neves and a ****ing rocket up their arses!"

" I actually thought our midfield was poor in that game and that N'Daiye and Saiss didn't work very well as a pairing."

" Norris
Dohery
Bennett
Coady
Boly
Douglas
NDiaye
Said
Costa
Bonatini
Cavaleiro

Rest Jota as he looks a little jaded"

" Realistically I'd go for the following:

Norris
Bennett Coady Boly
Doherty N'Diaye Gibbs-White Douglas
Cav Bonatini Jota

Subs:
Ruddy Batth Miranda Saiss Afobe Costa Bright

Like to see Norris get a go with Ruddy having that error tonight and his general lack of composure at times in the box. May be harsh on Costa, but just think that we need Bonatini back in to give us better link up play up front, and he works hard in winning the ball back as well. May just give us a bit more structure in our play again. Happily swap Costa for Jota in the starting line up as well though; just that I can't see Nuno dropping Jota."

" Ruddy

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty MGW N'Diaye Douglas

Costa Jota Cavaleiro"

" Norris
Bennett Coady Boly
Doc Saiss MGW Douglas
Costa Leo Cav

Jota needs a rest, he's been off it for a few games now"

"Will it be too much of a gamble to pair Gibbs White and NDiaye against Fulhams three man central midfield?"

" Difficult to say until we know if Afobe and Costa will be fit,
The back 8 are pretty obvious though.
Ruddy
Bennett Coady Boly
Doc Saiss N'Diaye Douglas

Up top ideally I'd start

Costa Jota or Cav
if Costa is out
Jota Afobe Cav
If Costa and Afobe are out
Jota Bonatini Cav
or
MGW Jota Cav"

" What is wrong with Costa?"

" Apparently picked up a knock, and thats why he was subbed off ( thats what people are saying anyway)"

" Didnt the Saiss, NDiaye combination struggle against Blouse?"

" It did but Fulham have a top notch midfield and I would go with the experience heads and fully expect Saiss to get booked so MGW will get his game against Reading,,,,,wish we still had Price tho."

" MGW must start, he's so creative and pretty direct which, at times, we really need. Norris in for Ruddy, but that won't happen, goalie's only get dropped if they're injured or red carded."

" I think Norris deserves a start, but doubt away against Fulham is the right game, Leo has to figure, but probably 30 minutes off the bench."

" I agree it's a blow to lose Neves but last year it would be Edwards And Price in the middle. So for me get the kid MGW in the middle and just before we go out pull him to one side. You won the World Cup which no other player playing today has done but they dream of at any level. Enjoy the game and like in the final the best form of defence mgw is ****ing attack !!!! . Job done. Also Bonatini to play instead of Costa the bloke has got us loads of points this season. So one last push from him and we can get the cigars out ."

" You'd drop Cav?
Cav in for Costa for me, otherwise same team, we're missing Bonatini"

THE CHASING PACK

"There are some big games coming up and whilst we've got the Magic Number thread (which is going to get very interesting indeed in mere weeks) maybe we can talk about the challenging sides in more general terms here? Because it's a very interesting scrap with twists and turns every week.
So - Villa dropped another 2 points tonight after being gifted a penalty by Preston. They could be 4 adrift of 2nd place if Cardiff win at Ipswich tomorrow. Derby could go above Villa with a win over Leeds.
Tomorrow is Brizzle v Fulham, and as well as our trip to Fulham on Saturday, there's another big game towards the top as Brizzle travel to Cardiff."

"  They're chasing in as much as Jamie O'Hara could theoretically chase after Gareth Bale.
Anyway, will be interesting to see how Fulham set up against us on Saturday. They need to win. They are perpetually as soft as $#@!e, but are a very good team when they click."

" Chasing each other then, if you like!"

" Fulham at home was one of the easiest wins I've seen this season. Like Dan says they've clicked recently though and at home will likely go at us. Could suit us down to the ground. Get an early goal and they could capitulate."

" Fulham are the most dangerous of the other hopefuls for me. Since we beat them, they've gone 11-3-2. 6 clean sheets. They're in fantastic form."

" Fulham are in good form but they are a good footballing side which plays into our hands I think, don't think they can out play us and our defence is stronger so I'm hopefull for a win......no guarantees obviously"

" After the last 2 games the Villa posts on Social Media about catching us has somewhat receded.
As Dan said i'v got more chance of shagging Taylor Swift than any one has of catching us"

" I've no idea who will get 2nd.
I thought Cardiff were going to fade and struggle to reach the top 6 after their implosion at the turn of the year, but they've found form again.
Derby looked better than the rest when they had their good run and now they're dropping points regularly again.
Villa won 7 on the spin which is superb in this division regardless of opposition, but 1 point and 1 goal in their last 2 games means they've lost ground. They look $#@!e without Grealish and Adomah.
Fulham still look like a very good side - they should have scored more than the 2 they got against Villa and have also been on a good run.
I can't see Brizzle getting back up to 2nd - and I really hope they drop out of the top 6 altogether. Or - even better - lose to a dodgy offside goal in the last minute at Wembley.
I wouldn't like to predict the top 6 right now."

" Fulham - Wolves on Saturday has the potential to be the best Champo game of the season. As for the chasing pack, Villa were booed off at HT last night. Am I right in thinking they'll be knackered by FFP if they don't go up this year? Suspect that Cardiff may kick their way to 2nd, only for their astutue manager to be once again shown up in the Prem."

"If they are sensible they aren't knackered in terms of likely to get fined, but they won't be able to bring anyone in on big wages like they did this season, so they won't be signing the likes of Terry or Snodgrass again."

" I'd go with:
Wolves
Fulham
Villa
Cardiff
Derby
Boro"

" There were 31,000-ish at Villa Park last night - 10,000 less than there was for the Birmingham game. And yep, they'll have big problems if they don't go up.

Fulham have a hell of a fixture list:

Tonight: Bristol City (a)
Saturday: Wolves (h)
March 3rd: Derby (a)
March 6th: Sheff Utd (h)
March 10th: Preston (a)
If they win tonight, they're right up there. If they come out of that run of games with a decent points haul, I'd fancy them to nick 2nd place."

"When we played Fulham they were completely possession based with zero cutting edge. They seem to have added a lot more goal threat since then, I've always liked watching them play tbh so I'd rather they finish second than anyone else. I think they'll come unstuck in that run of games though."

" I think any of Cardiff, Villa, Derby, or Fulham could take 2nd but it's hard to predict who it'll be as they all seem to be as inconsistent as each other. I'd like Derby & Fulham to come up with us but suspect Cardiff may nab 2nd spot. I'd love Villa to lose in the play offs just to see if they end up in a load of $#@! next season."

" While Fulham have their next 5 games, this is what the other chasers are doing

Cardiff ---- Villa ---- Derby
tonight (a) Ipswich ----- (h) Leeds
(h) Bristol C (a) Sheff W (a) Reading
(a) Brentf'd (h) QPR (h) Fulham
(h) Barnsley (a) Sunderl'd (a) QPR
(h) Brum (h) Wolves (a) Forest

" 3 points tonight and we kill it absolutely stone dead surely. We will be over a point a game remaining clear."

" Just for reference, after last night's little setback, Villa now need 2.31 ppg to reach 90 points, and 2.46ppg to reach 92.
We need 1.29ppg and 1.43ppg for the same targets."

" Fixtures here for the top 7 vs teams in the top 10 as they are, realistically, trying to get into the play-offs though it is unlikely that Bristol City and Sheff Utd can overcome the current 19 and 20 point gap, respectively.

WOLVES; Fulham (A), Villa (A), Boro (A), Cardiff (A), Derby (H)

CARDIFF; Bristol City (H), Brentford (A), Derby (A), Sheff Utd (A), Wolves (H), Villa (A)

VILLA; Wolves (H), Cardiff (H), Derby (H)

DERBY; Fulham (H), Cardiff (H), Preston (A), Wolves (A), Boro (H), Villa (H)

FULHAM; Bristol City (A), Wolves (H), Derby (A), Sheff Utd (H), Preston (A), Brentford (H)

BRISTOL CITY; Fulham (H), Cardiff (A), Preston (A), Brentford (H), Boro (A), Sheff Utd (H)

SHEFF UTD; Fulham (A), Brentford (A), Cardiff (H), Boro (H), Preston (H), Bristol City (A)

The first 5 fixtures in the Fulham list of games are actually their next 5 fixtures so their impact on the promotion places will be known 10th March
Villa seem to have the easiest remaining games but their fixtures are against us and the two nearest teams to them in the table and so defeats would be very costly for them"

" I'd love Fulham to finish 2nd, but I just can't see them beating all the teams they've got coming up. 1 or 2, sure - but not all of them. And I don't think they'll beat us either. Hopefully Fulham can get themselves up via the play offs because they're a decent club, playing football in the right way, and it's a cracking away day (can't wait for Saturday). "
Out of the others, I just can't see past Cardiff. If they can get something out of the Bristol City fixture, they should beat both Barnsley & Birmingham as they're both awful. They should be sitting in a strong position from there - which means Villa will he left with the lottery of the play offs."

"A win against Norwich ( Have I mentioned I detest them?) would be a real bonus now. It would mean that games against the top sides are far less relevant. i.e we could lose them all and still win the league at a canter(we wont though lose them all). 15 points ahead with 13 games to go would take a hell of an effort for TWO teams to overhall. Villa should get second. Their run in is the best on paper. Derby need to win here at Molineux to get second in my view. We realistically can look at villa , Fulham, Cardiff and Derby as games where a point is fine. It keeps the gap the same.
I dont think we will get the points record. Actually I dont think we will get 100 points. It would be great to be wrong. We are not as free scoring at the moment and have some tricky fixtures coming up. Nothing to start pant wetting about though. Final record 29-10-7 for 97 points is my best guess some 11 or 12 points clear of Villa, then Derby then Cardiff. I would have taken that at the start of the season where I cautiously hoped top 10."

" What on earth makes you think we are going to finish 7-4-3?
It would be our worst form of the season by a spectacular distance."

" foot off the gas. Harder fixtures to come.
We could also be up by the time we play Bolton ( who we have a $#@! track record against at their place) and Sunderland who may need to win to stay up. We will probably drop some points in those games. As we probably will against any 2 from Villa, Fulham, Bora and Derby."
So lets say those fixtures come out 2-2-2 which is not unreasonable guessing then we have 5-2-1 from the rest which is our par form for this season."

" Home and away form
gp pts
1 Fulham 10 26
2 Aston Villa 10 22
3 Wolverhampton 10 21
4 Brentford 10 19
5 Millwall 10 19
6 Norwich City 10 18
7 Derby County 10 17
8 Middlesbrough 10 16
9 Preston 10 15
10 Sheffield Utd 10 15
11 Cardiff City 10 14

" Boro is a given seeing as we haven't won there since 1951.
However, Nuno has shown absolutely no sign of allowing concepts such as foot off the gas to materialise.
Nothing suggests we are going to lose a home game, and to suggest that we are suddenly likely to lose points at places like Bolton and Sunderland is hilarious. For a start, Sunderland are almost certain to be already relegated when we play them so not a chance.
We are playing a load of bottom 10 teams at home. The fixtures aren't harder in the run-in. It just doesn't match the facts."

" I imagine that somewhere there is an supporter on a Barca forum saying - oooo Getafe is a tough fixture. Plus they have some bloke who went to La Macia so he is BOUND to score. And then we have Levante and Malaga. Tough games, tough tough games."

" As long as we don't lose at Fulham, Villa & Cardiff then it's done.
If we lose then it'll take a bit longer""

" Good thing is we are in a position that if we win it's irrelevant what the rest do because of the gap it's another game chalked off."

" Ok
I still think 97 points is fine , I am just managing my expectations. Please feel free to castigate me come may when we have 110 points. I will do likewise if I am close to the 97!"

" We'll hit 100 points. I don't think we'll beat Reading's 106."

" To beat Readings record we can now only drop 7 points I think."

" Reckon that 90 pts will be enough - Fulham have the best current form & even they will need 2.5 ppg av to get to that
Having said that I would want to make it secure with a number of games to go so that we have an untroubled end to the season & can intensify the plans for next season as early as possible"

"I think your wish will come true.
Quite looking forward to watching the schadenfreude that is the play offs this year. As we won't be in them."

" I want it to be
Fulham v Cardiff and Fulham win
Villa v Preston villa win
Fulham to beat villa in the final,that way two dirty teams get their comeuppance,and villa get to stay down and struggle financially"

"  :plus one:"

"  :plus one:"

" This is a thread of joy on villa:
https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/stat...34457433870336
If they don't go up next season will be epic."

" If we are stay well clear teams in the chasing pack will want us to beat there rivals ie when we play Villa Derby, Cardiff and Fulham will want us to do them a favour.
Looking at the fixtures Villa still look the most likely but a lot depends on Grealish being fit.
Last 2 games have proved they struggle without him and against decent opposition."

That's it for today. Surprising how much was already on their Boards......COYW's

" The quicker we get it done, the more time we have for recruitment etc etc. Even if new players can't join before 1 July, we can be getting deals in place. Especially important in a world cup year as a lot of the talent is going to be off with national sides for a substantial part of the summer, and may also return a $#@!load more expensive."

"  I couldn't really give a toss if we finish second. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest ... looking forward the next phase. Just get out of this horrible league. All that matters ..."

" Would be disappointing to give up the lead as we have been so dominant for so long. But ultimately, promotion is our goal, and if we did finish second this would still be good for me too."

" We are in a much better situation for promotion than two games ago. The gap to third is not closing and the clock is running down.
I'm just hoping that we win the title against Birmingham, as I'm over for that game with my kid. Must be a fair chance."

" I know you are trying to be positive but i hope the "mind the gap" stuff doesn't come home to haunt us. Next four games i have as L, W, D, L. 77 points after 37. I reckon there will still be a gap then but maybe 5-7 points. This is going to be a lot tighter than it looks now. Blaming ruddy is a smokescreen. We have only played well against sheff united in recent weeks and scraped home against QPR."

" Or we could quite easily win our next 6 games on bounce.
Just a note the 5 of our next 6 games are also on Sky and if I'm not mistaken we have won every single game on TV this season so far.
Fulham are on a very good run and undefeated in the league since Christmas, however when they came to Molineux they had no answer to us. Hopefully this will be the case again after Nuno gives his troops time to reflect on last night's result.
As for Villa & Leeds away, I really don't rate either side and don't see us losing to either."

" Hope you are right but i dont see it at all. We were poor yesterday, poor against qpr, poor against forest. We are running on fumes."

" Although I remain positive, lose against Fulham Saturday and Cardiff win Sunday the gap is 6 points and no game is easy in this league."

" Absolutely but perspective or not we have some very tough games ahead."

" I am not surprised we have run out of steam a bit, given most of this seasons signings (and best players) are not used to playing so many games. We just need to grind out 5 more wins. And we play that many lower-end teams at home."

" Last week, I said I thought that the 12 point gap was slightly overstated due to the difficulty of our remaining away games (Preston, Fulham, Villa, Leeds, Boro and Cardiff although Sunderland will also be tough if there is still anything on that game for either side).
Still think we'll win the League but it'll be closer than a lot of people think."

" Hopefully our guys will react in the best possible way to last night, which would be to be annoyed, angry and wanting to put it out of their minds by getting a win at Fulham.
One thing's for sure, the performance will have to be better than last night in order to do so. 2 up early doors at home to mid-grid fodder and we didn't close it out. And didn't deserve to either.
Too much cocksuredness amongst some of out supporters. Given our remaining fixtures, nothing is done and dusted yet."

" They're chasing in as much as Jamie O'Hara could theoretically chase after Gareth Bale.
Anyway, will be interesting to see how Fulham set up against us on Saturday. They need to win. They are perpetually as soft as $#@!e, but are a very good team when they click.

glenhodgso

" Don't get thrown out at Fulham the stewards are right pricks got me nicked there once for questioning their decision to not let me mate in. Stewards slyly putting digs in as they 'detained me' to try to provoke a reaction.

Was never charged but it did cost me a national express back to Brum and taxi from Brum to home (let out of the station just as the last train to Wolverhampton left Euston funny that), a few missed games on my season ticket (due to conditions whilst on bail) and a train fair to go and answer bail only to be told they meant to ring me the night before as I didn't need to as they were taking no further action.
Wasn't all bad though...the copper who nicked me was tidy (I did ask her if she fancied going for a drink once she let me out but apparently it's frowned on)"

- This guy should take up writing for a living - brilliant humour and just enough detail to make me almost believe that he was genuine...

Thank Terry - great post !

filham

A good and chirpy pre match thread, can't wait to see how the post match thread compares.

Forever Fulham

This one's my fave by far:

" Fulham 3 Wolves 1
Thermonuclear meltdown"

Woolly Mammoth

They are in a good place at the moment, and can even afford to lose a game or two, hence their relaxed atmosphere.
Whereas we darent lose if we can help it, which may just be the difference on this occasion. One things for sure we need to do our homework at set pieces to avoid a repetition of the last time we met.
I wouldn't even try and forecast this one as it has all the makings of producing three different results.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Hoping for a great game today just hope the ref does not copy the one at their ground and decide to book our entire midfield plus one other in the first 49 minutes and there wasn't a bad tackle out there. The one on SJ he didn't even touch the player although he rolled over like he had been shot. Will be looking at the number of fouls Saiss commits.

Sgt Fulham

Quite a few complimentary posts which is nice. Recognition for our style of play and should be a good game of football not good and elbow ball. Hope we send them home empty handed of course.