watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vaping

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, February 22, 2018, 04:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Well I will surely be taking a glove of Garlic and a wooden steak to the game. im not getting bitten by anyone

toshes mate

Quote from: cookieg on February 23, 2018, 08:37:45 AM
Maybe if the club let vaping happen some people may think they can get away with a cheeky fag which would be hidden amongst the vaping smoke.
Vapour and smoke are two different things.  You give off vapour (which may or may not be harmful to others) every time you breathe.  Should you come with a health warning.....

west kowloon white

Available in most pharmacies in this country?

Jamie88

It seems everyone thinks that the stuff released from e-cigarettes is purely steam - this cannot be the case as people who regularly vape in their cars can get a film of residue on the inside of the glass that needs to be wiped off. Nobody can convince me that that is good for the lungs.

Woolly Mammoth

There is no smoke without fire.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on February 23, 2018, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: Andy S on February 22, 2018, 11:05:41 PM
So what about the car we all drive around all day. If we worried about everything we breathed in we would never go anywhere. I think the way we treat smokers and vipers is terrible. I think we should open the back of the stadium at half time and let them out then they wouldn't block the toilets so nobody could use them

Vipers - brilliant!

A Viper is poisonous and deadly...........like cancer sticks that are also known as cigarettes by the unsuspecting consumer.
It has a wide head and a stocky body........a little like some of these individuals that tar their lungs.

Longed hinged fangs at the front of the mouth for injecting venom.....a bit like the tiny minority who support this filthy habit.

Then again, every man to his own trade, providing he does it away from me, like in a cave. 

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

As I said before I am a vaper. However I do not like the kits that create the huge clouds similar to a steam train. I regulate my equipment to replicate the volume to that which is produced from a cigarette. I have visited some vape cafes & you can hardly see the back of the cafe from the front door. This is not the way to vape. Apart from the huge amounts of liquid it consumes it is anti social. is done among non smokers. I will continue my sensible vaping. I will not be costing health service providers with smoking related illnesses. If every tobacco smoker turned to vaping the savings to the health services would be huge. The tobacco lobby would not like the fall in their profits & the Government would not like the fall in the tax & duty they receive.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 23, 2018, 09:41:57 AM
It seems everyone thinks that the stuff released from e-cigarettes is purely steam - this cannot be the case as people who regularly vape in their cars can get a film of residue on the inside of the glass that needs to be wiped off. Nobody can convince me that that is good for the lungs.
Mmm, the film appears on the inside of every windscreen ever made by virtue of (i) traffic fumes which are both unavoidable and everywhere inside a vehicle before you even set off on a journey; (ii) residue from whatever cleaner you may use to wipe the inside of the windscreen unless you use only distilled water with a tiny amount of pure, unadulterated, alcohol (your windscreen will stay absolutely clear for a matter of minutes); and (iii) from dust that accumulates in the vapour you breathe out since it has no means of rising and escaping from the car as it will naturally do if you are in a convertible with the roof down.   

bog

I absolutely detest smoking and this vaping malarky. With the latter a user looks to have their head on fire they are enveloped in so much smoke. If there is an old film on tv  (Freeview 81) everybody is lighting up all the time! Horrendous habit!

Thank you and goodnight

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Smoking is a dying habit.

A bloke I use to work with told me it's easy to give up smoking, he has done it hundreds of times.

When my wife starts smoking, I slow down and use a lubricant.

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

Vaping.
Perfectly safe. No need to worry.

You know you can rely on your friendly manufacturer not to mislead you on such matters.

This is what we were being told in the 50s:

You can't go wrong with a doctor's recommendation and your new-born child will certainly appreciate your sophisticated choice (although I can't say the baby looks too lively).

Milo

I have done a literature review on this a few years ago as part of my medical degree and can confirm at the time dangerous carcinogens in the smoke exhaled were nil to trace amounts. I.e. not harmful to those around them.

There are obvious benefits as a result for current smokers using them. Recently a major medical body called for them to be available on the NHS.

Alarming features are that with different flavours and so called "vape" shops/cafes becoming more prominent on high streets that smoking seems to be becoming cool again. Hence more young people taking it up alongside current smokers.

Further, the lack of regulation currently means there have been numerous reports of devices setting fire and exploding in peoples mouths which is obviously a huge concern. Hence the general feeling I had was they would be a force for good if under stricter manufacturing and advertising controls.

That said... I am of the opinion no one should have to choke on watermelon flavoured air while watching a game. They should be banned along with cigarettes in the ground. Highly inconsiderate.

cookieg

Quote from: toshes mate on February 23, 2018, 09:39:10 AM
Quote from: cookieg on February 23, 2018, 08:37:45 AM
Maybe if the club let vaping happen some people may think they can get away with a cheeky fag which would be hidden amongst the vaping smoke.
Vapour and smoke are two different things.  You give off vapour (which may or may not be harmful to others) every time you breathe.  Should you come with a health warning.....

After a few pints before the game absolutely!!

My point being that, being a non-smoker, smoke and steam look the same from a distance.

Jamie88

Quote from: toshes mate on February 23, 2018, 10:54:43 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on February 23, 2018, 09:41:57 AM
Mmm, the film appears on the inside of every windscreen ever made by virtue of (i) traffic fumes which are both unavoidable and everywhere inside a vehicle before you even set off on a journey; (ii) residue from whatever cleaner you may use to wipe the inside of the windscreen unless you use only distilled water with a tiny amount of pure, unadulterated, alcohol (your windscreen will stay absolutely clear for a matter of minutes); and (iii) from dust that accumulates in the vapour you breathe out since it has no means of rising and escaping from the car as it will naturally do if you are in a convertible with the roof down.   

Nope, you're just plain wrong. Vaping inside cars frequently  without ventilation causes an oily residue to form on the inside of the glass. Never have I set off for a journey and had to wipe off an oily substance from my windscreen. It sounds like you are getting condensation mixed up with the stuff released from e-cigarettes somehow.

Woolly Mammoth

It's all smoke and mirrors to me.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on February 22, 2018, 10:24:53 PM
Quote from: filham on February 22, 2018, 10:19:07 PM
I think we are missing the point.
Smoking of any kind in that old timber stand must present a fire risk, please, for all our sakes report anyone seen lighting up.
do you know what vaping is?
I think it is electrically creating a vapour to inhale. I assume the electrical energy is used to create heat and must present a fire risk, am I wrong.

toshes mate

When vaping a tiny droplet of water based liquid is instantly heated up as you inhale and released into your mouth as 'flavoured' steam.  The devices I have seen and used never get hot to the touch but there appear to be an infinite variety of models available now.  I didn't find it a rewarding experience although it is clearly preferable to smoking.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on February 23, 2018, 06:59:09 PM
Smoking of any kind in that old timber stand must present a fire risk, please, for all our sakes report anyone seen lighting up.
I think it is electrically creating a vapour to inhale. I assume the electrical energy is used to create heat and must present a fire risk, am I wrong.
I'd be more worried about a mobile phone starting a fire than I would be starting one from a vape. No exposed parts get remotely hot
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on February 23, 2018, 08:01:42 PM
Quote from: filham on February 23, 2018, 06:59:09 PM
I'd be more worried about a mobile phone starting a fire than I would be starting one from a vape. No exposed parts get remotely hot
OK looks as if I should stand corrected.

Perhaps we could instead ban mobile phones they can be a nuisance as well.

RaySmith

As an ex-smoker, who has never vaped, I just don't believe it's as harmless as they say to those who do it, even if it is for others in the vicinity.

How can it be harmless, if it  can replace the all toxic chemicals in cigarette smoke and give a satisfying hit  to the smoker?

Smokers have spent a fortune on gum and patches over the years, which, let's face it, does little to replace smoking an actual fag, and now  vaping comes along, and smokers are happy to give up their fags for it.

I just don't believe it's as harmless as they say.