watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 24, 2018, 07:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Superb. What a CB he has become. The best Fulham CB since Hangeland...and honestly given the height difference ... maybe better when his tenure ends at FFC? He is unreal right now.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

YankeeJim

He certainly fits our system. Wonder why he's never got much of a look by the Nats?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 24, 2018, 07:29:37 PM
He certainly fits our system. Wonder why he's never got much of a look by the Nats?

To be fair before coming to us he did well (player of the year twice) for Bolton...but overlooked by Bradley. He is definitely a star in the USA defense these days...unfortunately Team USA is not nearly as well drilled as our side. Different style of play...a worst style than Fulham's to be fair.

Forever Fulham

I think there's bias if you don't look like a CB out of Central Casting.  And he's not a shouter or a gesticulator.  Reserved.  You don't have to be a bully boy or cast a long shadow to play that position at a high level. 

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 24, 2018, 07:34:12 PM
I think there's bias if you don't look like a CB out of Central Casting.  And he's not a shouter or a gesticulator.  Reserved.  You don't have to be a bully boy or cast a long shadow to play that position at a high level. 

Completely concur, and right now, REEEAAAAAM is my man of the season tied with Sess.

The Rock

Credit due - I admit to having slagged him for is 1.8 errors per game and poor positioning in the past. He has improved and/or settled into our system quite well.

Sgt Fulham

Very likeable character and rock at the back now. Lovely to see a success story. Well done Tim!

MikeW

Couldn't agree more - turned into a superb acquisition - for me more Aaron Hughes than Brede maybe .....?  Loved his deadbeat comment on football focus - "27 points out of 33?"(I stand corrected) "Oh is that all?"
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Holders

He's a success story because he was slated in his first season and has come good. Someone saw what was there.

Ream is the new Baird.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Holders

Hes got those 30-yard screamers to do first.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Tim Ream was quality again this evening. He has good vision, and read the game so well, he was covering both left and right hand sides. But as a Unit the defence did very well, and another clean sheet shows that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Really important player and mainstay of the defense.
Well done Reeeem!

Matt10

Ream has been empowered by sticking to one position this year, unlike last year where was moved around a bit. He's also been so much more decisive on the ball. I watched Ream when he was at Bolton and before that New York Red Bulls. He definitely was not USMNT material during those times. I think he was the subject of the issues USMNT had in general though. In particular, and part of the demise, is the notion that MLS players were being preferred over proven foreign-based players.

To be fair, Arena brought him in later in the campaign, but I wonder what it would have been like if he was put in before Omar Gonzales. The last 3 matches of USMNT in 2017 could have been completely different. Sad to think about, and doubt Ream will be in WCQ 2022. I am glad he's doing so well at Fulham though. It's often been touted how Fulham is an American's proving spot, some did it (McBride, Dempsey) and some didn't do as well (Bocanegra, Eddie Johnson). Ream is fantastic right now, and long may it continue!

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Matt10 on February 24, 2018, 08:03:21 PM
Ream has been empowered by sticking to one position this year, unlike last year where was moved around a bit. He's also been so much more decisive on the ball. I watched Ream when he was at Bolton and before that New York Red Bulls. He definitely was not USMNT material during those times. I think he was the subject of the issues USMNT had in general though. In particular, and part of the demise, is the notion that MLS players were being preferred over proven foreign-based players.

To be fair, Arena brought him in later in the campaign, but I wonder what it would have been like if he was put in before Omar Gonzales. The last 3 matches of USMNT in 2017 could have been completely different. Sad to think about, and doubt Ream will be in WCQ 2022. I am glad he's doing so well at Fulham though. It's often been touted how Fulham is an American's proving spot, some did it (McBride, Dempsey) and some didn't do as well (Bocanegra, Eddie Johnson). Ream is fantastic right now, and long may it continue!

I was with you until you lumped Carlos in with Eddie Johnson.

Matt10

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on February 24, 2018, 10:17:30 PM

Haha, I should've said

Clint Dempsey
Brian Mcbride
Carlos Bocanegra
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Eddie Johnson

:)

MisfitKid

Quote from: Matt10 on February 24, 2018, 10:54:24 PM

Haha, I should've said

Clint Dempsey
Brian Mcbride
Carlos Bocanegra
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Eddie Johnson

Better!  :54:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 24, 2018, 07:29:37 PM

26 caps for a guy who played most of his career in the 2nd tier isn't bad.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bobby01

Quote from: MisfitKid on February 24, 2018, 11:13:37 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on February 24, 2018, 10:54:24 PM

Haha, I should've said

Clint Dempsey
Brian Mcbride
Carlos Bocanegra
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Eddie Johnson

:plus one:
Better!  :54:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

toshes mate

I don't think Tim Ream has ever needed much motivation to play his football at the best level he can, but I do believe we have seen his game improve as our coaches have developed more organised and strategic patterns to squad roles around him.  He has certainly got better and better by the game where some others tend to make some progress and then apparently stick for a while.

I am enjoying the cohesiveness of this side and how it is beginning to turn the screw on opponents in a way we have often suffered and struggled to bear as a team, and Ream is a strong influence in overall improvement as a solid unit.  I am not one for comparisons and prefer to give high marks to individuality and I have always liked the way Ream earns his keep.