more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 24, 2018, 07:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b+w geezer

Quote from: toshes mate on February 25, 2018, 08:43:49 AM
I am enjoying the cohesiveness of this side and how it is beginning to turn the screw on opponents in a way we have often suffered and struggled to bear as a team, and Ream is a strong influence in overall improvement as a solid unit.
True and well put. That greater cohesiveness and solidity is  beginning to look like the difference from the second half of last season, when we caught the eye slightly more through e.g. Aluko's dribbling, Malone's marauding and Cairney's spectacular long-range strikes, but are achieving similar results in their absence.

hovewhite

Quote from: b+w geezer on February 25, 2018, 09:03:23 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 25, 2018, 08:43:49 AM
I am enjoying the cohesiveness of this side and how it is beginning to turn the screw on opponents in a way we have often suffered and struggled to bear as a team, and Ream is a strong influence in overall improvement as a solid unit.
True and well put. That greater cohesiveness and solidity is  beginning to look like the difference from the second half of last season, when we caught the eye slightly more through e.g. Aluko's dribbling, Malone's marauding and Cairney's spectacular long-range strikes, but are achieving similar results in their absence.
We are actually looking far more solid defensively and clean sheets, whilst obtaining better results.

bog

Tigana and Hodgson were both good at improving players, to me that is what makes a good boss and our current manager is just the same. I don't think that Magath was in that category....

092.gif

Slaphead in Qatar

Rolls Royce at the moment.

bobby01

Quote from: Statto on February 25, 2018, 09:46:31 AM
Quote from: bog on February 25, 2018, 09:28:36 AM
Tigana and Hodgson were both good at improving players, to me that is what makes a good boss and our current manager is just the same.

My thoughts also

I totally agree, also I have always stayed away from the Ream debate because I thought it was always USA posters v others. However I must say I thought he was superb yesterday and very good for most of the latter part of the season, fair play to the man.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MrFFC

For me Ream has been our best player this season. He has been a rock at the back. McDonald & Sessegnon had amazing seasons aswell but Ream our star man for me
Come on you Whites!! :)

Slaphead in Qatar

We've always had great help from US players.

filham

Quote from: Matt10 on February 24, 2018, 10:54:24 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on February 24, 2018, 10:17:30 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on February 24, 2018, 08:03:21 PM
Ream has been empowered by sticking to one position this year, unlike last year where was moved around a bit. He's also been so much more decisive on the ball. I watched Ream when he was at Bolton and before that New York Red Bulls. He definitely was not USMNT material during those times. I think he was the subject of the issues USMNT had in general though. In particular, and part of the demise, is the notion that MLS players were being preferred over proven foreign-based players.

To be fair, Arena brought him in later in the campaign, but I wonder what it would have been like if he was put in before Omar Gonzales. The last 3 matches of USMNT in 2017 could have been completely different. Sad to think about, and doubt Ream will be in WCQ 2022. I am glad he's doing so well at Fulham though. It's often been touted how Fulham is an American's proving spot, some did it (McBride, Dempsey) and some didn't do as well (Bocanegra, Eddie Johnson). Ream is fantastic right now, and long may it continue!

I was with you until you lumped Carlos in with Eddie Johnson.

Haha, I should've said

Clint Dempsey
Brian Mcbride
Carlos Bocanegra
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Eddie Johnson

:)
No sorry, you still have not got it right, Mcbride as a God and a Legend has to be right at the top on his own.

hopper

Didn't put a foot wrong yesterday. Can't believe what a good player he's become.

Strong, intelligent and great decision making. Who would have thought it. Our American connection lives on.

Steven Ageroad

In the Fulham feature on Football Focus on BBC2 yesterday. He was interviewed alongside Cairney and spoke so well and with confidence that it looked like he was the club captain and Cairney was just one of the team.

The Swan

When the Wolves player broke away towards goal in the second half I thought that he was bound to score. What a great chase back by Ream and what a block to prevent a goal. Well done Ream. ( from someone who did not rate him at first)
The Swan

filham

Hard to remember that just a short while ago he was part of that awful defence of ours that was conceding weak goals week after week. In all honesty we were putting as much of the blame on him as any of the others.
Now he is masterful and takes a lot of the credit for good team defensive performances.

Tonywa

He's been terrific for most of the year, but his performance yesterday was one of the best I have seen from a Fulham defender in a long time.  MOM without a doubt for me.