watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post-match view from Wolves

Started by Barrett487, February 24, 2018, 09:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Fair play to Fulham. They were outstanding on the night and dominated us like we did to them at Molineux. I wouldn't get too disheartened by the result or the performance though, but we really need to pick ourselves up after this with only 2 points from last 9.

Fulham seemed to want it more than us.

Awful the gap is closing may be we should stop singing cocky songs like we're already promoted, cause right now we don't look like a team that going up the choke ìs very much on

Pathetic performance, Fulham looked better in every department. Wolves were wasteful in passing, decision making was atrocious, and no end product in the final third. This team needs a good kick up the back side to get back to winning ways.

At the end of the day fulham have shown tonight that they are automatic promotion contenders. They have a 12 game unbeaten run and it showed why tonight! Fair play to them, they outplayed us in every area of the pitch and it just wasn't our night. Worrying thing is the last 3 games haven't been the best...draw draw and loss. Need a win to boost moral now!

I'm going to give credit to Fulham, played some lovely stuff, lovely to watch, made us look a little Lambert-ish

Anyone who's seen what Neves has bought to the team this season wont be surprised by today. Without him we are only good enough to beat the bottom half teams.We will have to fight hard next Saturday.

We were lightweight up top. We huffed and puffed but struggled all game. Fulham dominated us all over the park. No wholesale changes needed but we need a change between=ween the sticks. Up the Wolves!

My verdict is I wish sport today had stopped when Huddersfield were two up, Villa 2-1 down and the rugby had not even started!

Thought we were the better team until the unexpected first goal. Crap in the 2nd half, only started to show urgency in the last 5 minutes. Jota's miss was up there with Rosenthal! Thought Afobe did alright when he came on. Let's not panic!

Fulham were excellent tbf, complelty outclassed us. We do seem to have an issue with going toe to toe with teams when they are playing well in games. We can't always have it our own way. Too msny players not performing at the moment irrespective of how good Fulham were, now we get to see how good Nuno is.

Posted in comms we're just getting careless. Did Ruddy have a save to make other than the two goals? Coady was bullied by Mitrovic, but for me it's going forward. No care over the final passes, Costa was the biggest culprit by a distance and he looks like he wants to hide

Beaten by a better side

I hate to say it but we got exactly what we deserved. Fulham weren't all that IMO. Dreadful from Coady, Doherty and Ruddy for the first goal. Coady was wrong side, Ruddy should of got it well away from the goal and Doherty was daydreaming. Coady got caught up in another battle he couldnt win with Mitrovic for the second, not sure Ruddy shouldn't of done better for that one either. I've been a big believer in Saiss since he signed but tbh he was absolutely woeful tonight. Costa was poor, as well as Bonatini linked play its like hes got no intention of scoring again, couple of times he should of bust a gut to get in the box and he was nowhere. Even in the lead up to the first he was deep in midfield. Need a few wins now to settle the bedwetters and get our mojo back

Poor performance today no doubt, really really need to pick things up, we look knackered! Some of the passing was shocking, nowhere near good enough. I thought N'Daiye was better than Saiss tonight to be honest. Won the ball a lot more in midfield and around our penalty area. Both were guilty of stray passes. Bennett and Doherty mostly to blame for the first goal. Bennett's poor clearance led to the chance for Mitrovic and Doherty was still on the edge of the area as his man tapped it in. I think Bennett got bullied a bit by Sessegnon at times. I think it is the worst have seen him play this season. Coady was bullied by Mitrovic for both goals. Bonatini was absent. Does anyone think Afobe has lost a yard of pace since he was last here?

Overall a very frustrating performance. I dont want to say we didnt create anything, more everytime we got close we gave it away with a loose pass or being offside. The game was going nowhere when the first goal went in. After that, it was more of the same. Lack of cohesion and composure. The second goal was a good finish, again without them massively threatening. That said, Fulham were the better team today and deserve the win. These games will happen, its about making sure of the reaction now. Losing the 2 points and Neves on weds had an effect for sure.

A lot of people saying how good Fulham were. Am I the only one that thinks they weren't actually that good and we were just dismal?

Hope Fulham finish second. Cav decent, the rest garbage. Nothing else needs to be added

Only one who tried was Cav
The rest?
So poor, 2nd to the ball, really **** poor performance, and Nuno had no answers to Fulhams fast tricky skilful play. Missed Neves massively

Total overreaction here. Fulham were brilliant--great passing at speed. Pressured us all over the field. Stubborn defending. Wolves fought hard, had many almost moments in attack but too many moments of carelessness and overelaboration. Very sloppy for first Fulham goal but otherwise defended well until the second goal when Coady did a hopeless job on Mitrovitch. Substitutions totally unbalanced team but some of the long balls forward were dangerous. Afobe did well to set up Jota for one of the misses of the season. Cavaleiro was a total hero today--all over the field from beginning to end and the only player who really troubled Fulham. Costa well off it apart from a few touches second half. Same for Bonatini. Wolves certainly off the boil at the moment but played their hearts out and would have beaten a lesser team. Had they played with this much speed and energy they would certainly have beaten Norwich--that daft last second equaliser is looking very important now.

Played off the park in the end. We looked out of shape, no energy and demoralised. Our performance was well below anything we have seen this season. If jota had scored our one chance it may have revived us for a tussle at the end but we couldnt even win our challenges.

Fulham were slightly less ****e than us. They aren't all that and let's stop masking a shockingly inept performance by us by saying they were good ... they weren't. What they did have was a proper striker who can bully and can score. We are strolling around like dogs with two dicks thinking we are already up. I'm afraid we are not and a prolonged run of dire showings like this and it's got choke written all over it. ****ing wake up !!

Lucky to get nil today! Not a fan of Ruddy but he was blameless today.

terryr

Awesome read!
Thanks
Do you want to double team from here on out?
Enjoyed reading all of it!

davew

Most paid us a lot of respect and why not! Wolves and us going up, I will settle for that!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobbo

Well done and big thanks terry I love your column
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Barrett487

Quote from: TerryR on February 24, 2018, 09:56:16 PM
Awesome read!
Thanks
Do you want to double team from here on out?
Enjoyed reading all of it!

i cut out where they just slagged their own players off, or marked them out of 10.

Btw, i particularly liked the comment "I'm going to give credit to Fulham, played some lovely stuff, lovely to watch, made us look a little Lambert-ish"

Barrett487

Quote from: bobbo on February 24, 2018, 10:10:52 PM
Well done and big thanks terry I love your column

:plus one:

Thanks for your efforts Terry

Andy S

That must have been one horrible journey home

Snibbo

VicHalomsLovechild

Twig

Thanks Terry. Most were fair minded but there were two or three poor losers. When fans start to believe they have some sort of right to win then there starts to be a reek of overconfidence surrounding the club. Could Wolves slip up? Surely not.

Fulham Joe

I also found this comment interesting.

"Beaten by the better team

The Wolves fan who hit the Fulham girl in front of me...you were lucky the police got between me and you

I know what you look like, If I ever see you, run"

No idea what happened there, but fair play to this Wolves fan, anyone who hits a girl needs knocking out.

win-dup

Many thanks for your views from the other side - always interesting. Encouraging that apart from a lunatic fringe that every club has, most fans will give credit where it's due.