watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic and Target

Started by JDH101, February 25, 2018, 04:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

IF we had had Mitrovic and Target from the start of the season we would be top of the league. Discuss.

Slaphead in Qatar

Summer window was poor wasn't it. Just glad the hierarchy managed to pull its fingers out and deliver a good jan window.

Might the departure of klein be the pivotal moment of this season?

Riverside

I think the departure of Kline was pivotal . But the turnaround started as soon as he left and before the great signings of Mitro and Targett .

I have posted before that I think that was the moment Joka got his mojo back .

Just watching an animated Joka today on the touch line compared to the brooding , sulking figure he was while Kline was around supports that theory for me .

Of course though Mitro and Targett are taking us to another level aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Old Count

Quote from: Riverside on February 25, 2018, 07:27:27 AM
I think the departure of Kline was pivotal . But the turnaround started as soon as he left and before the great signings of Mitro and Targett .

I have posted before that I think that was the moment Joka got his mojo back .

Just watching an animated Joka today on the touch line compared to the brooding , sulking figure he was while Kline was around supports that theory for me .

Of course though Mitro and Targett are taking us to another level aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would Mitro and Targett have got the nod fron Kline if he had still been here?  They are both clearly Joka selections.

toshes mate

Perhaps - as in if only our recruiters could recruit - we would have been rising high in 2016-17.  We will never know.

But, then again, perhaps it was better Targett, Mitrovic and Christie joined a rising star rather than the disorganised chaos of the summer window and pre-season. I do believe Mitrovic, in particular, shows how much he needed to be playing football and in a good side.  Targett has made the team his own in less than no time - the mark of a good professional - and Christie will get more of his moments before the season closes.

What might have been's are things you save up for the days you do not have too many 'What is's' to mention. 

bog

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 25, 2018, 06:22:09 AM
Summer window was poor wasn't it. Just glad the hierarchy managed to pull its fingers out and deliver a good jan window.

Might the departure of klein be the pivotal moment of this season?

Yes. 100%

bobby01

Wherever we finish, please sign these two up.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Luka

Target has proved to be a great bit of business in January.
However what we really needed was a striker. We didn't need a leader, we didn't need a lanky hard man centre back as some banged on about. What we needed was an intimidating centre forward that can hold up the ball and score. First impressions suggest Mitrovic fits the bill perfectly.

MrFFC

I agree if we had these 2 from the start of the season we could be 10 points better off. If we do end up in the play offs these 2 could be the difference. Certainly upgrades on Malone & Martin for me where as Odoi & Fonte wasn't. Fantastic January window roll on Derby Away
Come on you Whites!! :)

Artful Dodger

First 17 games we had 19 points I think, last 16 we have 39 and I was thinking what caused the turnaround, which started well before Mitro and Targett arrived and it has to be the removal of Kline. Mitro & Targett have benefitted from coming in to a confident side and we have seen how good they can be over the last few weeks. There will always be 'if's' in football so we can only go from where we are and we still need to pick up points to ensure we remain in the playoffs and then we can worry about top 2 but Mitro and Targett can only help us achieve that goal.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

bill taylors apprentice

The revival certainly started before the January arrivals but the extra oomph! they have given the team has helped strengthen and sustain it!

grandad

I don´t think Mitrovic & Targett would have been available last summer. The 1st half of the season found us plagued by injuries which disrupted the way we were set up.
As the Club explained, signing players in the January window is dependent on other clubs finding replacements. This is why action doesn´t happen till near the end of the window. Talks were probably going on well before but could not be finalized till the end.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Mitro and Tagett walked straight into the starting eleven, they were clearly better than players we already  had in their positions.
It seems that for ages before that we had been signing players who "would give us depth" or "would do a job". In other words players who would at the best become bench warmers but make little or no difference to our chances of winning a match.

These two players are going to make the difference of a mid table and a top six finish.