https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One other thing about Yesterday

Started by Peabody, February 25, 2018, 09:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Bloody cold wasn't it? Warmed up by the game. Stay in Tenerife Fernhurst

Riversider

There was a group of us in The Riverside Stand having a chat prior to the game yesterday, about the proposed new Riverside redevelopment and the fact that it's going to be open to the elements at the back,
Everyone agreed (5 of us) that the proposal is bloody ridiculous,  the wind in the Riverside Stand was howling around before kick off and was bloody freezing and this is with the back of the stand enclosed,
Apparently according to the Club via The FST , "extensive tests have been carried out on wind flow, and the wind won't be an issue"
I'm sure that anybody that has ever sat in that stand will tell you the reply from the Club is utter nonsense,  so maybe at the next FST meeting more probing questions can be asked about these "extensive tests" have wind reading machines ever been set up in The Riverside Stand ?  Or is it a computer programme based in the likes of L.A or Shanghai ?

Peabody

Riversider, how can you turn what  I meant to be, a light hearted comment about the weather, into your usual rant about FST and Fulham FC? Lighten up mate, or your going to make yourselve ill.

Southcoastffc

Does the club shop sell FFC vests? 😉
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

It was bloody cold at the start, but the game was a sensation - two good sides, quality players, and two splendid goals - definitely the stuff to warm you up. 

Apparently new research in US has found that the jet stream - unusually currently blowing into S E England  from Siberia - changes direction and intensity every ten days and so the guess is it should be a week tomorrow before the current spell becomes more like early spring again. 

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on February 25, 2018, 09:50:31 AM
There was a group of us in The Riverside Stand having a chat prior to the game yesterday, about the proposed new Riverside redevelopment and the fact that it's going to be open to the elements at the back,
Everyone agreed (5 of us) that the proposal is bloody ridiculous,  the wind in the Riverside Stand was howling around before kick off and was bloody freezing and this is with the back of the stand enclosed,
Apparently according to the Club via The FST , "extensive tests have been carried out on wind flow, and the wind won't be an issue"
I'm sure that anybody that has ever sat in that stand will tell you the reply from the Club is utter nonsense,  so maybe at the next FST meeting more probing questions can be asked about these "extensive tests" have wind reading machines ever been set up in The Riverside Stand ?  Or is it a computer programme based in the likes of L.A or Shanghai ?

I know you will ignore this as you usually do, or fail to reply to any of my answers to you or requests for questions, but for others interested.
From the early submissions by the club the issue of the gap at the top has been questioned due to conflicting answers about it at the consultation event and looking at the plans.
I specifically have asked the question about tests back in December and further tests above those done for the planning are to be taken.
To quote part of the correspondence I have had on this

"On the gap at the top. There is a low level glass balustrade along the roof level in the planning application but this does not cover the full gap between the top of the building and the roof – you are right that it is open in the current plans and if someone suggested otherwise then I'm sorry they misled you at the public consultation.
On the topic of weather conditions for those in the back rows of seating. We've been assured that the wind will not be a major issue based on the wind tests we've had done, but we have asked for further studies and a review of exactly what the conditions will be like and what options there are for a larger glass 'wall'.

Also, on the FAQ's section of the Fulham website

Q: Will it be windy at the top of the stand – will there be sufficient shelter from rain?
A: Inevitably, there will be some wind on the roof terrace, but we are working with the architects to ensure it doesn't adversely affect matchday or non-matchday events.

You can download the wind tests at the LBHF website if you want to check them.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

You old boys in the Riverside have had it cushty. We sit near the river at the Hammy End and there's absolutely no wind break there. Stop moaning and enjoy the win.

BedsFFC

I'm not sure if this is serious or you are becoming a caricature of someone who sits in the Riverside, for our enjoyment. Will the next meeting be on the subject of these useless clappers. If they want to put something really useful, why not a complimentary Daily Mail on every seat?

In fact, maybe you could all get together and combine your clappers into one big wind-break

ex-Pat

Yeah,,80 degrees in Fort Lauderdale but would rather be back in Fulham.

Peabody

See what you've done Riversider? You've turned my little attempt of moaning about the weather into making those who sit in the Riverside into scapegoats

KJS

It might wake you all up in there is like a rest home at times!

cmg

I do hope Riversider and his merry bunch of funsters continue to ignore MJG's comprehensive and informative replies.
I would hate to think they might run out of things to moan about (there have been slim pickings on the playing front in recent days) thus depriving us of a constant and traditional source of amusement.

NogoodBoyo

Fantastic thread this.  Has it all.  Fun, complaints, humour, science, seriousness.... and wind in the willows.
Nogood "down by the riverside, isit" Boyo

Frackleheath

Sorry Peabody, I just had to join in on this one!!

I cannot believe that Riversider forgot to mention (conveniently?), that the direction of the wind on a given day, may have something to do with how it feels in the stand - just get a life!!

Peabody

Quote from: KJS on February 25, 2018, 03:31:58 PM
It might wake you all up in there is like a rest home at times!

Well?

filham

Quote from: Statto on February 25, 2018, 09:59:04 AM

Before I decide how much value to attach to your and your 4 friends' opinion, can you please tell me your aggregate knowledge and experience of football stadium design, meteorology and the relevant physics. If you like I'll give you a postage stamp to write it on...
You don't need a couple of science degrees to predict whether or not it is going to be cold high up in a stadium located on the bank of a wide river.

cookieg

Why design the stand with a gap in it in the first place?

filham

Quote from: Statto on February 25, 2018, 09:19:13 PM
Quote from: filham on February 25, 2018, 07:51:17 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 25, 2018, 09:59:04 AM

Before I decide how much value to attach to your and your 4 friends' opinion, can you please tell me your aggregate knowledge and experience of football stadium design, meteorology and the relevant physics. If you like I'll give you a postage stamp to write it on...
You don't need a couple of science degrees to predict whether or not it is going to be cold high up in a stadium located on the bank of a wide river.
i beg to differ
Well here I think we may have another good example of high education having little to do with common sense.

Dodgin

Long Johns for me with a thermal vest and top plus thermal socks with fur lined shoes. Oh and a flask of Bovril, gets a bit hot though going home.   

cmg

Quote from: cookieg on February 25, 2018, 09:00:43 PM
Why design the stand with a gap in it in the first place?

You need to have a pretty big gap somewhere or nobody will be able to see anything.