more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do we want today? Cardif v Bristol

Started by JoelH5, February 25, 2018, 11:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

I'm really not sure...

For 2nd, we're obviously hoping for a Bristol win.. however, with that, with just a few bad results and we could drop out of the playoffs. With the experience we gained of them last year, I'm confident we'd go up through the playoffs if we get them.

Consolidate for the playoffs or risk it all for 2nd?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

MrFFC

Bristol City win for me. Can't see us coming out of the top 6
Come on you Whites!! :)

Slaphead in Qatar

We need Cardiff's good run to be snapped otherwise we won't catch them.

Twig

Bristol win. The playoffs are in our hands and we would have no one to blame if we messed things up that badly (but I am sure the playoffs are the least we will make).

Artful Dodger

A draw I think - both teams dropping 2 points. However, if Cardiff win, we consolidate our position in the play offs, if Bristol win, we are closer to 2nd so either way we can take positives!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Beamer

A draw wouldn't be too bad either, preferably with 3 players from both sides getting straight reds. OK might be a little too much to hope for but let's dream a bit.

MJG

For me a city win.
Two reasons, one being if you still think 2nd is on then thats required.
Secondly, makes a bigger gap to 7th and reduces number of teams who can reach playoffs, hopefully in someways making those teams outside 6th slack off slighlty as it gets harder.

I'd rather we cenemted a play off position as early as possible and the less teams involved the better.
Just the views of a long term fan

Sgt Fulham

Cardiff will falter so when better than today? More worried about villa. Think we'd beat both in the Playoffs.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on February 25, 2018, 11:33:19 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 25, 2018, 11:30:01 AM
Secondly, makes a bigger gap to 7th and reduces number of teams who can reach playoffs, hopefully in someways making those teams outside 6th slack off slighlty as it gets harder.

I'd rather we cenemted a play off position as early as possible and the less teams involved the better.

Hadn't thought about that angle but I agree with you.

I looked at the Brentford and Preston results yesterday and thought of them losing, good, they'll have less to play for when we play them.
If you have say 3 teams chasing then odds are one (or worse 2)  could go on a mad run and get in, and if we falter you get caught up in the mix. If its left to just Boro to chase...like we did last year...then as long as we stay ahead of say BC, alls good.
Just the views of a long term fan

grandad

A draw or a Bristol City win would be best if we are chasing a top 2 finish. If Cardiff win they will be 8 points ahead of us. If we just want to consolidate a playoff position then a Cardiff win.
Where there's a will there's a wife

gezkc

A Bristol City win for me. If we want to have any chance of getting an automatic promotion spot, we need to start pegging Cardiff back asap.

EastEndWhite

A Bristol win to hopefully see Cardiff fall back into a playoff spot between now and the end of the season even if it's not us who take their position.

FFCpmd

Hmm, quote from the BBC website live reporting on the game...

"The tackles are starting to fly in now and the crowd are getting into this game.
This atmosphere has a real derby feel to it, and one gets the sense the aggression might boil over at some point."

keithh

Bristol City win 1-0 with one red card each

Tabby

Bristol City for me. The chasing pack are either inconsistent or falling down the table right now.

davew

Cardiff for me, better for our play off chances, a draw wouldn't be a bad result for us.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Luka

Bristol City win for me.
I don't see us drifting out of the top six as we are seven points clear of 7th now.
We need Cardiff to implode.

SP

Just looked at the halftime summary feed, never seen so many 'foul by' updates.  So predictable.

0-0

gezkc

Bristol City haven't had a shot on goal according to the BBC's half time summary.

bencher

Was hoping for a Bristol City win. Bugger, KZ has just scored...