watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor Ollie Norwood

Started by MrFFC, February 25, 2018, 11:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Been a great signing for us this year scored some key goals & penalties. I like him think he is a really good player but it's so nice to have Cairney back in the side next to KMac & Johansen
Come on you Whites!! :)

Southcoastffc

22 players, 46 games, injuries, suspensions, form and tactics.  He's not daft.  It's a squad game.   
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

hovewhite

A great addition to the squad,he's got a great attitude and knows he's valued by slav.

Tabby

Think he knew he'd be a squad player when he joined. Is probably pretty pleased with his amount of football so far. He is a step below the three regulars.

MJG

Still a lot of games to play and he will have time to play his part.
Wouldnt bet against him scoring the penalty which gets us up.
Just the views of a long term fan

copthornemike

Will definitely be involved.  Glad he is ready and waiting to take over if any of our midfield are suspended, injured or plain just require a rest during a hectic remainder of the season (or playoffs)

choice_of_ends

Quote from: MrFFC on February 25, 2018, 11:25:55 AM
Been a great signing for us this year scored some key goals & penalties. I like him think he is a really good player but it's so nice to have Cairney back in the side next to KMac & Johansen
Guess what. TC wasn't our best player in the last two games. Quite soft performance. Would rather like to see Norwood back on the pitch.

bill taylors apprentice

I have a feeling he will start at Derby!

filham

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 25, 2018, 07:53:15 PM
I have a feeling he will start at Derby!
If for any reason Cairney, Johansen  or McDonald can't play then I think Norwood steps in.

Bassey the warrior

He's more suited to games where we need to break down a deep lying defence, as is Piazon and Fonte. Last few games have been fairly open and you want pace in those games.

Riverside

He'll be playing / starting again . No way that the 3 starters can stay fit without being rested when we have the 2 game weeks . Has been a key squad signing and has meant that we have not missed Cairney as much as we could have done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toshes mate

I think the game by game approach necessitates a lot of discovery during coaching and training sessions to select those best suited for whatever tactics are preferred for each match.  The arrivals of Targett, Mitrovic, and Christie offer many more options and we have to assume the coaches are looking at how individuals combine during coaching sessions when playing the preferred style.  One thing is for sure and that is we will see Norwood with game time soon enough.

Whitesideup

Quote from: choice_of_ends on February 25, 2018, 05:59:25 PM
Guess what. TC wasn't our best player in the last two games. Quite soft performance. Would rather like to see Norwood back on the pitch.
Norwood instead of TC because TC didn't perform well enough in the last two games? I didn't go to Bristol so can't comment on that, but I thought he had a very good game against Wolves. An interesting view that I suspect will not widely held. Most (with good reason) believe our best  middle 3 are Kmac, TC and Johansen.  But never fear, Ollie will be back if only because of injuries and / or suspensions. And as others have said, he is a good squad player. Having said that, he does give the ball away too cheaply and too frequently at times.

HamsterWheel

He'll be on the pitch if a playoff game goes to penalties....

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 26, 2018, 03:43:50 PM
Quote from: choice_of_ends on February 25, 2018, 05:59:25 PM
Norwood instead of TC because TC didn't perform well enough in the last two games? I didn't go to Bristol so can't comment on that, but I thought he had a very good game against Wolves. An interesting view that I suspect will not widely held. Most (with good reason) believe our best  middle 3 are Kmac, TC and Johansen.  But never fear, Ollie will be back if only because of injuries and / or suspensions. And as others have said, he is a good squad player. Having said that, he does give the ball away too cheaply and too frequently at times.
TC is far away from his last years performance. I'd prefer Norwood instead, he is more clinical. Pretty sure Norwood will get some games next few weeks.