Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Take Me Home MAF

• tjl
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 12:00:20 PM »
Poor conduct by Carragher, but the action lacks context, and the only context do have shows a man shamefully filming and goading Carraghers as he drives his car at speed with his daughter in the passenger seat.

Unfortunately the daughter became collateral, but this was because of the Dads actions. Carragher was not just spitting at cars.

If Carragher is sacked by Sky, fair enough, it was poor conduct. But can we also go after the disgraceful Dad who was more interested in getting a video to send to his mates rather than ensuring the safety of his child.

Offline Southcoastffc

• MAESTRO
  • We live by information, not by sight.
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 12:15:47 PM »
Poor conduct by Carragher, but the action lacks context, and the only context do have shows a man shamefully filming and goading Carraghers as he drives his car at speed with his daughter in the passenger seat.

Unfortunately the daughter became collateral, but this was because of the Dads actions. Carragher was not just spitting at cars.

If Carragher is sacked by Sky, fair enough, it was poor conduct. But can we also go after the disgraceful Dad who was more interested in getting a video to send to his mates rather than ensuring the safety of his child.

IMO Carragher's action is utterly reprehensible and he should be taken to task for it according to law (i.e. as is said above, assault) and SKY would be wise to take him off air.  In addition, IMO, the father driving while operating a mobile phone should also be punished BUT having just looked at the video footage, the father seems to have no concern that his daughter has been spat at.  His tone of voice "Ooooh Jamie Carragher has spat at my daughter, nice" sounds to me - only my opinion - as if he immediately realises that he can get a nice little earner.  Doesn't excuse Carragher in any way and there was no what I would call provocation.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 12:23:42 PM »
No matter what the provocation, nobody should spit at anybody, let alone in a girls face. A filthy habit.  The father is clearly a toe rag also.
But Carragher should have laughed it off or ignored the cretin.
Tells you a lot about Carraghers standard of ethics. Who is he to stand judgement over anybody in the future, and certainly not in the public dormain.
I would be surprised if he keeps his job at Sky now. He has to be dismissed for Gross Misconduct, which includes assault on a minor.
If he survives this, it tells you more about Sky than him.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:27:41 PM by Woolly Mammoth »

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Finnster01
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 12:34:42 PM »
No matter what the provocation, nobody should spit at anybody, let alone in a girls face. A filthy habit.  The father is clearly a toe rag also.
But Carragher should have laughed it off or ignored the cretin.
Tells you a lot about Carraghers standard of ethics. Who is he to stand judgement over anybody in the future, and certainly not in the public dormain.
I would be surprised if he keeps his job at Sky now. He has to be dismissed for Gross Misconduct, which includes assault on a minor.
If he survives this, it tells you more about Sky than him.

👍

Offline Neil D

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 02:06:36 PM »
One upside may be that Sky replace him with someone who speaks a closer approximation to the English language.

Offline HamsterWheel

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 02:09:57 PM »
Carra claims not to have seen the daughter (probably sat back in her seat feeling embarrassed by her Dad), and certainly appears to be aiming his flob towards the cameraman.
But disgusting behaviour whatever. He's been quick to properly apologise.... will that be enough?

Offline Slaphead in Qatar

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »
jamie's just been interviewed on sky - guy looks broken. think he did a bad thing, but feeling a bit sorry for him now after seeing the interview.

Offline HamsterWheel

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
If they're interviewing him on Sky they're clearly standing by him. No doubt he'll do some penance of the community service type and probably serve a suspension.

Offline Slaphead in Qatar

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »
If they're interviewing him on Sky they're clearly standing by him. No doubt he'll do some penance of the community service type and probably serve a suspension.

i don't think they are standing by him. interviewer (who would have been told throughout interview by her producer what questions to ask him in her earpiece) gave him a real grilling.

he's been suspended as well at this stage.

Online Milo

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 02:30:23 PM »
One upside may be that Sky replace him with someone who speaks a closer approximation to the English language.

Slav can fill in if needs be

Offline Neil D

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 02:36:47 PM »

0001.jpeg

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 02:46:44 PM »

064.gif

Offline Fulham1959

• Legend
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2018, 02:54:10 PM »
I don't have Sky and I'm glad, if only for the fact that JC's voice totally grates on me.  It's a form of aural torture.

I used to feel the same about Steve Claridge on 5-Live but I can just about tolerate his voice now - less so his observations and the way he expresses them.

Offline Nero

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »
Apparently Sky have told Jamie Carragher to Calm down, Clam down.

Never did like him

Offline Statto

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2018, 04:07:49 PM »
jamie's just been interviewed on sky - guy looks broken. think he did a bad thing, but feeling a bit sorry for him now after seeing the interview.

I struggle to feel sorry for footballers given what they’re paid but at least it’s usually justified by some special talent. Carragher has been so lucky as to have not only been paid to play football, but he has subsequently been paid huge amounts of money to talk on TV, something he is awful at, as noted above, because most people can’t even understand him.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:13:39 PM by Statto »

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Finnster01
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »

I struggle to feel sorry for footballers given what they’re paid but at least it’s usually justified by some special talent. Carragher has been so lucky as to have not only been paid to play football, but he has subsequently been paid huge amounts of money to talk on TV, something he is awful at, as noted above, because most people can’t even understand him.

Correct.
And Slaphead,how can you feel sorry for him.😵
I reckon he should be put in the stocks and all the passers by spit in his face,see if he likes it.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2018, 05:04:23 PM »
His position is untenable, if he is genuinely sincere about his regret, he should do the honourable thing and resign with immediate effect.
Clearly the interviewer had no sympathy for him.
He has brought shame on himself and his family as well as his employers, it is going to be difficult for him to recover from this situation he has orchestrated for himself and everyone else who has been dragged into this affair.

Offline gang

• Legend
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »
It is also a criminal offence he’s committed, assault isn’t just punching and kicking but at things like spitting too... someone could easily complain to the police and he wouldn’t have a leg to stand on

I agree it's disgusting but it's not an assault, the police could question him for anti social behavour.

Offline Dixie

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2018, 05:47:45 PM »
Jamie Carragher has really let himself down there... as many have said, banter is part of the game and he gets paid a lot of money to do something that we would all probably do for free!

However, it looks to me like the driver is the one who is doing the filming... while driving... how can he be concentrating on what's happening on the road when he is so focused on filming someone in a car alongside?!!

Offline Twig

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »
I feel it's ridiculous that should face the sack for this,. He must have been provoked.

Why do you assume he must have been provoked? And why would provocation mitigate such a revolting act? If you read the report the father of the 14 yr old girl can be heard saying “hard luck Jamie lad 2-1”. Hardly provocation of even the mildest form.
I have two daughters, grown up now, but if someone had done this to either of them I would have pressed charges for sure.

Perhaps there was more said that is not on the video but even then the action can’t be justified. But I also agree that the Dad filming it all whilst driving is a prize p****.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:10:11 PM by Twig »