watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jamie Carragher

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 12, 2018, 08:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

No matter what the provocation, nobody should spit at anybody, let alone in a girls face. A filthy habit.  The father is clearly a toe rag also.
But Carragher should have laughed it off or ignored the cretin.
Tells you a lot about Carraghers standard of ethics. Who is he to stand judgement over anybody in the future, and certainly not in the public dormain.
I would be surprised if he keeps his job at Sky now. He has to be dismissed for Gross Misconduct, which includes assault on a minor.
If he survives this, it tells you more about Sky than him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 12, 2018, 12:23:42 PM
No matter what the provocation, nobody should spit at anybody, let alone in a girls face. A filthy habit.  The father is clearly a toe rag also.
But Carragher should have laughed it off or ignored the cretin.
Tells you a lot about Carraghers standard of ethics. Who is he to stand judgement over anybody in the future, and certainly not in the public dormain.
I would be surprised if he keeps his job at Sky now. He has to be dismissed for Gross Misconduct, which includes assault on a minor.
If he survives this, it tells you more about Sky than him.

👍

Neil D

One upside may be that Sky replace him with someone who speaks a closer approximation to the English language.

HamsterWheel

Carra claims not to have seen the daughter (probably sat back in her seat feeling embarrassed by her Dad), and certainly appears to be aiming his flob towards the cameraman.
But disgusting behaviour whatever. He's been quick to properly apologise.... will that be enough?

Slaphead in Qatar

jamie's just been interviewed on sky - guy looks broken. think he did a bad thing, but feeling a bit sorry for him now after seeing the interview.

HamsterWheel

If they're interviewing him on Sky they're clearly standing by him. No doubt he'll do some penance of the community service type and probably serve a suspension.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: HamsterWheel on March 12, 2018, 02:19:44 PM
If they're interviewing him on Sky they're clearly standing by him. No doubt he'll do some penance of the community service type and probably serve a suspension.

i don't think they are standing by him. interviewer (who would have been told throughout interview by her producer what questions to ask him in her earpiece) gave him a real grilling.

he's been suspended as well at this stage.

Milo

Quote from: Neil D on March 12, 2018, 02:06:36 PM
One upside may be that Sky replace him with someone who speaks a closer approximation to the English language.

Slav can fill in if needs be

Neil D

Quote from: Milo on March 12, 2018, 02:30:23 PM

0001.jpeg

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on March 12, 2018, 02:30:23 PM

064.gif

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham1959

I don't have Sky and I'm glad, if only for the fact that JC's voice totally grates on me.  It's a form of aural torture.

I used to feel the same about Steve Claridge on 5-Live but I can just about tolerate his voice now - less so his observations and the way he expresses them.

Nero

Apparently Sky have told Jamie Carragher to Calm down, Clam down.

Never did like him

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on March 12, 2018, 04:07:49 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 12, 2018, 02:17:22 PM
jamie's just been interviewed on sky - guy looks broken. think he did a bad thing, but feeling a bit sorry for him now after seeing the interview.

I struggle to feel sorry for footballers given what they're paid but at least it's usually justified by some special talent. Carragher has been so lucky as to have not only been paid to play football, but he has subsequently been paid huge amounts of money to talk on TV, something he is awful at, as noted above, because most people can't even understand him.

Correct.
And Slaphead,how can you feel sorry for him.😵
I reckon he should be put in the stocks and all the passers by spit in his face,see if he likes it.

Woolly Mammoth

His position is untenable, if he is genuinely sincere about his regret, he should do the honourable thing and resign with immediate effect.
Clearly the interviewer had no sympathy for him.
He has brought shame on himself and his family as well as his employers, it is going to be difficult for him to recover from this situation he has orchestrated for himself and everyone else who has been dragged into this affair.

Never forget your Roots.

gang

Quote from: Statto on March 12, 2018, 11:29:34 AM
It is also a criminal offence he's committed, assault isn't just punching and kicking but at things like spitting too... someone could easily complain to the police and he wouldn't have a leg to stand on

I agree it's disgusting but it's not an assault, the police could question him for anti social behavour.

Dixie

Jamie Carragher has really let himself down there... as many have said, banter is part of the game and he gets paid a lot of money to do something that we would all probably do for free!

However, it looks to me like the driver is the one who is doing the filming... while driving... how can he be concentrating on what's happening on the road when he is so focused on filming someone in a car alongside?!!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Twig

Quote from: RaySmith on March 12, 2018, 08:57:05 AM
I feel it's ridiculous that should face the sack for this,. He must have been provoked.

Why do you assume he must have been provoked? And why would provocation mitigate such a revolting act? If you read the report the father of the 14 yr old girl can be heard saying "hard luck Jamie lad 2-1". Hardly provocation of even the mildest form.
I have two daughters, grown up now, but if someone had done this to either of them I would have pressed charges for sure.

Perhaps there was more said that is not on the video but even then the action can't be justified. But I also agree that the Dad filming it all whilst driving is a prize p****.

Buffalo76

Quote from: HamsterWheel on March 12, 2018, 02:19:44 PM

Not condoning what he did at all but fair play to him for being brave enough to be interviewed live on Sky for what he did. Don't recall Kirsty Gallagher fronting up for drink driving. And she still kept her job.
That's it and that's all.

davew

Probably rehearsing for the remake of the "Spitting Image" series, he should be fired, can't stand the bloke and as for his accent well that is another story!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

Anyone can lose it if abused for no reason, and spitting  is pretty mild. Give the bloke a break.

If it was America he'd probably pull out a gun and shoot the abuser - and get away with it as 'justifiable homicide.'