more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jamie Carragher

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 12, 2018, 08:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Quote from: RaySmith on March 12, 2018, 06:48:42 PM
Anyone can lose it if abused for no reason, and spitting  is pretty mild. Give the bloke a break.

If it was America he'd probably pull out a gun and shoot the abuser - and get away with it as 'justifiable homicide.'

In America the driver would probably pulled out a gun  and shot Carragher for having an alien accent!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

SP

Quote from: Dixie on March 12, 2018, 05:47:45 PM
Jamie Carragher has really let himself down there... as many have said, banter is part of the game and he gets paid a lot of money to do something that we would all probably do for free!

However, it looks to me like the driver is the one who is doing the filming... while driving... how can he be concentrating on what's happening on the road when he is so focused on filming someone in a car alongside?!!

6 points hopefully.

Twig

Anyone can lose it if abused for no reason, and spitting  is pretty mild. Give the bloke a break.

If it was America he'd probably pull out a gun and shoot the abuser - and get away with it as 'justifiable homicide.'

So Ray, I don't know if you have or have had kids but would you be pretty relaxed and regard it as mild if someone gobbed all over the face of one of your's?

Oh and why do you keep insisting he was "abused"? There is no evidence i am aware of unless you know more.

Fernhurst

Sky will sack him..... HR Director will insist.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RaySmith

Quote from: Twig on March 12, 2018, 10:13:50 PM

So Ray, I don't know if you have or have had kids but would you be pretty relaxed and regard it as mild if someone gobbed all over the face of one of your's?

Oh and why do you keep insisting he was "abused"? There is no evidence i am aware of unless you know more.

Isn't that why he did it? he lost it because of abusive comments he was getting while stuck in traffic leaving the ground? Or do you think he just goes around spitting at people?

I believe him when he says that he didn't intend  to spit at the girl, but was responding to abuse and being filmed by the car's driver, and wasn't even aware that there was a child in the car. If I was in his situation, I think I might do more than just spit, and I think most people would, if they are honest.

Put yourself in his shoes - in your car and stuck in traffic, and getting a load of abuse - then someone insulting you and filming your reaction. If someone did that to me me, I'd want to grab the camera and ram it down their throat.

If I had a child, mine or anyone else's,  in my car, I wouldn't go around  making abusive comments to people and filming them on my phone. This is parental neglect, as well as dangerous driving.This driver should be prosecuted , if anyone.

I think this case is important because it  gives carte-blanch to abuse people in the public eye, and film their reactions to make a buck, and they are just supposed to never react.

It's like players - supposed to take all kinds of dog's abuse from fans, but if they ever react, which they rarely do, they are in trouble. They're only human, after all.

Southcoastffc

Ray, what abuse did he get from the car he spat at?   I heard somthing like 'Alright Jamie, 2 1 eh. '  Was there anything else?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 13, 2018, 08:26:49 AM
Ray, what abuse did he get from the car he spat at?   I heard somthing like 'Alright Jamie, 2 1 eh. '  Was there anything else?

There is absolutely no evidence that he was abused.  That's not to say it didn't happen but the only "evidence" is his claim that it happened.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: RaySmith on March 13, 2018, 03:54:34 AM
Quote from: Twig on March 12, 2018, 10:13:50 PM

Isn't that why he did it? he lost it because of abusive comments he was getting while stuck in traffic leaving the ground? Or do you think he just goes around spitting at people?

I believe him when he says that he didn't intend  to spit at the girl, but was responding to abuse and being filmed by the car's driver, and wasn't even aware that there was a child in the car. If I was in his situation, I think I might do more than just spit, and I think most people would, if they are honest.

Put yourself in his shoes - in your car and stuck in traffic, and getting a load of abuse - then someone insulting you and filming your reaction. If someone did that to me me, I'd want to grab the camera and ram it down their throat.

If I had a child, mine or anyone else's,  in my car, I wouldn't go around  making abusive comments to people and filming them on my phone. This is parental neglect, as well as dangerous driving.This driver should be prosecuted , if anyone.

I think this case is important because it  gives carte-blanch to abuse people in the public eye, and film their reactions to make a buck, and they are just supposed to never react.

It's like players - supposed to take all kinds of dog's abuse from fans, but if they ever react, which they rarely do, they are in trouble. They're only human, after all.

Two wrongs don't make a right!

Certain elements seem to think abusing those in the public eye is normal and any common decency doesn't apply, regardless of whether  he/she is a 'worthy celebrity' or not they are fair game!

Maybe this driver wasn't abusive but he was crass and it was unnecessary especially with the daughter in the car as he seemed happy to put those around him at risk with his driving, the mans a fool at best and the fact he was prepared to film the event while driving sums him up!

As for Carragher, his oafish behaviour says it all, he can apologies as much as he likes but spitting is disgusting whatever the provocation.
We all know how he could have handled the situation better and you would think someone in the public eye would have learnt how to handle it by now.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on March 13, 2018, 09:02:55 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on March 13, 2018, 03:54:34 AM
I believe him when he says that he didn't intend  to spit at the girl, but was responding to abuse and being filmed by the car's driver, and wasn't even aware that there was a child in the car.

The "abuse" on film is lighthearted football banter. I can't think of anything the guy could have said off camera that would have justified Carragher's reaction, but in any case, if you're saying the interaction started some time before the video starts, doesn't that make it less and less likely that Carragher went all that time without noticing the little girl?

(who by the way was about 3 foot in front of him... at eye level... in the direction the abuse was coming from!!!)
if you listen and watch the whole video the driver says something like 'look its Jamie Carragher" and winds window down. He doesn't swear at him just says what we have all said to other fans at times... The scoreline from game.
Jamie's was clearly wound up from previous drivers but to respond like he did was way out of order.
If next time you walk through bishops Park you say to another fan 2-1 we won mate, and he gobs in your face what would be your thoughts then?
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2018, 09:32:04 AM
If you listen and watch the whole video the driver says something like 'look its Jamie Carragher" and winds window down. He doesn't swear at him just says what we have all said to other fans at times... The scoreline from game.
Jamie's was clearly wound up from previous drivers but to respond like he did was way out of order.
If next time you walk through bishops Park you say to another fan 2-1 we won mate, and he gobs in your face what would be your thoughts then?
Way out of order is an understatement, MJG, but, I guess, it's in the right direction.  Spitting is a disgusting and obnoxious thing to do to anyone and just shows up Mr Carragher for what he is.  He should be sacked by Sky and the whole incident investigated by the police.   As a person who may 'influence' others, especially younger people, he has a special responsibility and he is clearly not up to it. 

Woolly Mammoth

Whether he saw the girl in the car or not makes no difference whatsoever. He still flemed at someone, which is at the very least grotesque, filthy and disgusting behaviour from an adult who should know better.
He obviously wasn't in the queue when they were handing out the brains. He should have wound his window up, turned the radio up, sticks and stones and all that.
Fancy getting wound up over those remarks, no matter how long he had been enduring it. He could have laughed it off and had a bit of friendly banter, but he allowed himself to get wound up, which is exactly what the guy in the other car wanted, thick as a plank.
If he had been in my Combat Unit when I was in the army, they would have sent him back to his mum and dad, with a label stuck on his forehead saying not fit for purpose. Any one that condones his behaviour is as sick as he is.
I have never ever spat at anyone in my life. No excuse, he just isn't civilised, he made himself look pathetic, and he knows it.
He deserves to be dismissed from a job he was lucky to have in the first place. Sky cannot set a precedent and let him off the hook, he is now a busted flush, and baggage for Sky.
He will never live this down ever, no matter what the future holds for him, he has made himself a target for every wind up merchant he crosses paths with, and his reputation is in tatters, no matter how many times he says sorry.
The Die is cast, the Genie is out of the bottle, the horse has bolted. He will never live this down, every time he wakes up in the morning he will see the image of himself spitting disgusting mucus.
His moral compass and his ethics are lower than a Snakes Belly, and he will have to serve this sentence for the rest of his days, and there will always be someone waiting round the corner ready to remind him.
We all make mistakes, and make errors of judgement on the spur of the moment, but civilised people do not make that kind of error of judgement at any time.
The female Sky Presenter who interviewed him, gave him a very hard time, which he deserved, and she showed her disdain for him in no uncertain terms, she looked as though she didn't want to be in the same room with him, and he had nowhere to hide.
Nothing will ever mend what he did, that's the price he has to pay whether you agree or not.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Sorry but whatever light banter or serious abuse a person is on the end of. He doesn't respond by spitting. If a child did this. it would be disgusting. A grown man who is in the public eye shouldn't either. It shows the calibre of the individual. People lose their temper and swear or ignore whatever was said. But it is dangerous driving and stupid and frankly filthy.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

Sorry a ex professional footballer cant take a bit of abuse, how the hell did he play at Old Trafford, Goodison Park as professional player he cant take a bit of stick.  What he did was disgusting if he did like what the bloke was saying, smile wind your window back up and carry on. Seriously think the guy has some issues didn't he ring up Adrian Durham and give him a mouth full and offer him out when he had a go at him form retiring from England duty.

But I do hear Bob Carolgess has been in touch

Dr Know

No way should he be sacked for spitting at a car , even though spitting is a foul habit , he should not lose his job over this . A moment of madness,  no one was hurt , get over it and move on .

Carborundum

Getting sacked is something that can happen to employees.  But if a company representing Mr Carragher has a legally binding agreement with Sky, then what happens next will involve legal discussions between two companies about what the contract says.  Could take a little while to resolve, but I'd be surprised to see him on Sky again. 

His were the actions of an angry and stressed individual.  Why he should be in that state is a mystery.

toshes mate

Quote from: Carborundum on March 13, 2018, 01:46:43 PM
Getting sacked is something that can happen to employees.  But if a company representing Mr Carragher has a legally binding agreement with Sky, then what happens next will involve legal discussions between two companies about what the contract says.  Could take a little while to resolve, but I'd be surprised to see him on Sky again. 

His were the actions of an angry and stressed individual.  Why he should be in that state is a mystery.

For sure there may be some activity behind the scenes but if Carragher's action breaches his contract of employment terms and conditions (the usual standards of behaviour required/expected of an employee) then he can be sacked and he can argue all he likes about it in a tribunal.   

toshes mate

Just to add to my earlier comment if Carragher had any character worth talking about then he would resign.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on March 13, 2018, 02:03:47 PM
Just to add to my earlier comment if Carragher had any character worth talking about then he would resign.

Agree, if he had any moral compass, and was genuinely sincere, then he would and should have fallen on his sword before now, and should have resigned with immediate effect.
The Sky Presenter Sarah Hewson who gave him a real grilling yesterday when she interviewed him, pulled no punches.
He should have grabbed the opportunity to resign then, but he obviously wasn't THAT sorry, only sorry for himself.  Now it will be left to others to make the decision for him I would imagine.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

I've just watched the Sarah Hewson interview of Carragher and she most certainly drives home a point that the silly guy doesn't get at all. 

Hewson observes, repeatedly, that spitting at anyone is disgusting and Carragher defends, repeatedly, with an apology that every time ends up with the claim that what hurt him most is the presence of a fourteen year old girl that he hadn't seen.. Carragher just doesn't get that spitting is disgusting and for that reason alone he needs a good old fashioned gardening break that'll sharpen up his views of all the things he has to be grateful about.  That should diminish all need he feels to keep saying he is sorry.   He needs to publicly state that his behaviour was disgusting and inexcusable and was the 'real him' (nobody else but you in the clip, Mr Carragher).  He should then resign from his job and work on himself until such time as he is absolutely certain he'll never, ever spit at anyone again.   Working on TV or media again shouldn't even be in his head.

Dr Know

He spat at a car , big deal , no one was hurt , why the big outcry for f***ks sake , move on .