watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jamie Carragher

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 12, 2018, 08:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

He says his rage was focussed on the man. What's he talking about rage, why would he be in a rage over something like that. Rage is defined in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary as .......violent uncontrollable anger.
If he had caught the bloke breaking into his house, or having an affair with his wife, fair enough, anyone would be in a rage.
But If he loses control over that, he needs anger management classes, or see a shrink, he is an overgrown middle aged Yob, and yob backwards spells boy, which makes him a backward boy.
That explains it.
No good him bothering to go down the Job Centre either.
Maybe he can join Keys and Gray on that two bob sports radio show, they deserve each other. They could rename the show, The Three Stooges. Larry, Mo and Curly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Heat of the battle. It happens. Those who play football know it, those who play sports know, those who are confronted know it. No excuse of course, and spitting can't be tolerated. However, I recently played in an 30+ league last season and realized that heat of the battle amongst former athletes still exists and you just never know. I believe in the concept that you are more than the sum of your past mistakes, and that needs to be considered here. Everyone who has access to the internet wants their own PR and has to feel like they need to stand up for something or if they don't, they'll be marked as someone who doesn't care. Pretty sure that doesn't matter, and you can just move on with your life. Hope all parties involved do the same, as can the public. Apologies are perceived the way they are, and that's all they can be. Not sure what else Carragher can do other than sit out the sentence that has gone over him now.

Twig

Quote from: Dr Know on March 13, 2018, 06:47:15 PM
He spat at a car , big deal , no one was hurt , why the big outcry for f***ks sake , move on .

WUM alert.

KingofCheese

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 12, 2018, 12:15:47 PM
Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on March 12, 2018, 12:00:20 PM
Poor conduct by Carragher, but the action lacks context, and the only context do have shows a man shamefully filming and goading Carraghers as he drives his car at speed with his daughter in the passenger seat.

Unfortunately the daughter became collateral, but this was because of the Dads actions. Carragher was not just spitting at cars.

If Carragher is sacked by Sky, fair enough, it was poor conduct. But can we also go after the disgraceful Dad who was more interested in getting a video to send to his mates rather than ensuring the safety of his child.

IMO Carragher's action is utterly reprehensible and he should be taken to task for it according to law (i.e. as is said above, assault) and SKY would be wise to take him off air.  In addition, IMO, the father driving while operating a mobile phone should also be punished BUT having just looked at the video footage, the father seems to have no concern that his daughter has been spat at.  His tone of voice "Ooooh Jamie Carragher has spat at my daughter, nice" sounds to me - only my opinion - as if he immediately realises that he can get a nice little earner.  Doesn't excuse Carragher in any way and there was no what I would call provocation.

Yep both of the male "adults" in thus case need to be punished. The poor girl having such a useless father.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: Matt10 on March 14, 2018, 01:40:47 AM
Heat of the battle. It happens. Those who play football know it, those who play sports know, those who are confronted know it. No excuse of course, and spitting can't be tolerated. However, I recently played in an 30+ league last season and realized that heat of the battle amongst former athletes still exists and you just never know. I believe in the concept that you are more than the sum of your past mistakes, and that needs to be considered here. Everyone who has access to the internet wants their own PR and has to feel like they need to stand up for something or if they don't, they'll be marked as someone who doesn't care. Pretty sure that doesn't matter, and you can just move on with your life. Hope all parties involved do the same, as can the public. Apologies are perceived the way they are, and that's all they can be. Not sure what else Carragher can do other than sit out the sentence that has gone over him now.

Not exactly a battle was it? He should have kept his window closed and turned up the music. At the weekend I saw someone deal with a road rage idiot very well. The bloke chased their car into a Tesco only for the woman in the car rather than the man to get out and talk to the chaser. I think if the man had got out there would have been a fight but the idiot in the big jeep didn't want to get involved against a woman and drove off. Both drivers in my opinion endangered lives though by racing into the car park.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

RaySmith

This whole case is ridiculous.

Carragher lost it because of wind- up banter, and being filmed, but he was probably already wound up by other things said to him, and spat at the car of the man winding him up, and filming him - to do God knows what with the footage, and it happened to hit the young girl in the car's passenger  seat.

This is something and nothing, and should be forgotten, instead it's all been exaggerated, and become a   major issue, with  Carragher  probably losing his job, and possible criminal proceedings against both parties.

This is madness.
An opportunity for  all the sanctimonious, holier than thou Joes, of which there are currently plenty, to pontificate.
They should just shake hands and forget about it.

toshes mate

Quote from: RaySmith on March 14, 2018, 07:38:26 AM
Okay, RaySmith, you have convinced me.  Spit Happens......

Lighthouse

Not only dangerous driving but anybody spitting in public at anything should be fined. No wonder illness and germs spread so easily. For those that think this is fine and spitting is just one of those things. I find myself content in the knowledge that I have less time to live in this filthy world than I have spent here. If spitting is ok you are welcome to it. But then peeing in public might be just up your street to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 14, 2018, 11:27:12 AM
Not only dangerous driving but anybody spitting in public at anything should be fined. No wonder illness and germs spread so easily. For those that think this is fine and spitting is just one of those things. I find myself content in the knowledge that I have less time to live in this filthy world than I have spent here. If spitting is ok you are welcome to it. But then peeing in public might be just up your street to.
Funny you should say that.  In yesterday's Times  Matt Dickinson wrote "Jamie Carragher once peed on my feet. We were sitting around a table in a bar in Malaysia on an England Under-20 tour and, as he slurred at the time, he had had quite a few and it was a long way to the toilet.  Among a lairy crew on that trip — Kieron Dyer revealed recently in his autobiography that the squad took turns to crap in a carrier bag that was hung on the hotel door of the coach, Ted Powell — Carragher was certainly not a boy scout."    Dickinson does go onto argue that Carragher should be repriomanded but not severely.

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

It has been reported that Carragher is suspended by Sky for the rest of this season to seek help with his issues, and will be seen by Sky officials prior to the start of next season to satisfy themselves that the incident or similar will not be repeated. 

KJS

Quote from: toshes mate on March 13, 2018, 02:03:47 PM
Just to add to my earlier comment if Carragher had any character worth talking about then he would resign.

He is a Scouser and we all know they can't even spell character!!

Milo

Quote from: toshes mate on March 14, 2018, 11:22:08 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on March 14, 2018, 07:38:26 AM
Okay, RaySmith, you have convinced me.  Spit Happens......

It's a tough one to swallow

Lighthouse

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 14, 2018, 12:42:07 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 14, 2018, 11:27:12 AM
Funny you should say that.  In yesterday's Times  Matt Dickinson wrote "Jamie Carragher once peed on my feet. We were sitting around a table in a bar in Malaysia on an England Under-20 tour and, as he slurred at the time, he had had quite a few and it was a long way to the toilet.  Among a lairy crew on that trip — Kieron Dyer revealed recently in his autobiography that the squad took turns to crap in a carrier bag that was hung on the hotel door of the coach, Ted Powell — Carragher was certainly not a boy scout."    Dickinson does go onto argue that Carragher should be repriomanded but not severely.

Yuck  :016:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

Quote from: toshes mate on March 13, 2018, 02:03:47 PM
Just to add to my earlier comment if Carragher had any character worth talking about then he would resign.

:plus one:

092.gif

bog

Apparently he is taking his wife out for a spit roast tonight.

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on March 14, 2018, 03:20:36 PM
Apparently he is taking his wife out for a spit roast tonight.

092.gif

In a Spitfire.

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

Quote from: toshes mate on March 14, 2018, 01:15:42 PM
It has been reported that Carragher is suspended by Sky for the rest of this season to seek help with his issues, and will be seen by Sky officials prior to the start of next season to satisfy themselves that the incident or similar will not be repeated. 

Unfortunately he has set himself up for any toerag to have a go at him to wind him up. He should have just smiled and waved and drove on.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cookieg on March 14, 2018, 03:43:10 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 14, 2018, 01:15:42 PM

Unfortunately he has set himself up for any toerag to have a go at him to wind him up. He should have just smiled and waved and drove on.

He will never live it down, he will be constantly reminded about it. It's like a Tatoo, he is stuck with it for life.

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Lets not forget that in 2008, he tried to climb into Luton's stand to fight a couple of their fans who were giving him a bit of banter during the warm down after the game.

Woolly Mammoth

Sounds a real Salt of the earth, leopards don't change their spots.
He showed his true colours last Sunday, that was no one off. That's the real him, and he got caught red handed, he has no class.

Never forget your Roots.