watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton sack their manager

Started by [email protected], March 12, 2018, 10:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Let's hope Slav doesn't make it on the shortlist. Although I reckon they'll appoint Marco Silva if he is still out of work.

Fulham 442

I wait with bated breath for the same old names to be trotted out to fill the position!

Fernhurst

Didn't sack him without Silva being in place.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Ron91

I believe Slav has been the most essential thing for FFC this season but i do not think he would leave considering how things are going for us. But even if by the 1% chance he does leave i think he has left us in great shape and the confidence is so high that any manager could continue our form (minus anyone named Felix or Northern Irish)

KJS

Do people really think that Slav would leave a team pushing for promotion to take over a team in a relegation Dog Fight  :023: :023: :023:???

One James stannard

I think Mark Hughes will be appointed as thier manager

grandad

What on earth can a new manager do with 8 games left? He should have gone in January or bite the bullet & keep him till the end of the season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

hovewhite

It's a bit late with 8 games left,but someone will want it no doubt.

filham

Jocanovic not the best man to turn Southampton round in eight games but give him a reasonable transfer budget and a close season at Arsenal and he may cause a surprise in the Premiership next season.

David Allen Crankshaw

Haven't Southampton said that they hope to have a new manager in place by this weekend's cup match? That rules out Slav.

jarv

Slav has been mentioned but Mark Hughes seems favourite.  Thank goodness.

St Eve

What a shame. I like Southampton but Hughes will certainly take them down.  He did enough damage at Stoke and they will probably join them. That will probably be a first taking 2 teams down in the same season and if you include QPR that's a hat trick.

FulhamKC

I wonder if the manager change will have any impact on Targett wanting to return to Southampton. I sure would like him to stay a White.

One Martin Thomas

Never got why they sacked Puel. Decent mgr did ok there and doing ok at Leicester.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 14, 2018, 05:40:17 AM
Never got why they sacked Puel. Decent mgr did ok there and doing ok at Leicester.

Puel took 'em to 8th in Premier League and a cup final which  is better than ok for Southampton. Grass wasn't greener in this case.