watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TV - pundits - the good and the bad

Started by Whitesideup, March 12, 2018, 04:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

The Carragher incident made me reflect on the pundits on tv and the amount of money they get paid. Maybe partially because of my bias, I think Danny Murphy is totally sound. I also liked Lee Dixon, and not just because he was the only one to say Fulham would stay up back in the day....

I can't stand Shearer - great goal-scorer but poor judge who struggles to put a full sentence together. Classic example of a good footballer who is still being paid a fortune because of what he used to be able to do.

bog

For me Lee Dixon, Mark Lawrenson, Chris Sutton and Danny Murphy. Can't stand Danny Mills.

Woolly Mammoth

One of the worst is Lineker, more wooden than a wooden Wood Pecker pecking wood.
Another one is the squeeky Savage, who selects these talentless odd balls.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mrmicawbers

Danny Murphy and Lee Dixon I'm OK with. Robbie Savage can't Stand and would turn TV over and Radio.Oh and that Durham  fool off Talk Sport.

HV71

Really like Souness, Alan Smith, Lee Dixon, Gary Neville and Jermaine Jenas. Really don't like Lineker, Shearer and Michael Owen

hovewhite

Don't take a lot of notice.Motty love him shame he's retiring.

Milo

That moronic Sky commentator who insists on over pronouncing McDonalds name every time he gets the ball as if Kevin is the head of a clan in Braveheart

Carborundum

Many of them have had cosseted premier league-dominated careers, heavy media coaching and feel obliged to say the odd pungent thing to keep themselves "relevant" and avoid getting replaced for being bland.  All very contrived. 

But there's one who has played at all levels and simply cannot help himself from blurting out what he's thinking.  I disagree with some of what he blurts, but love the fact he blurts it.  His name is Steve Claridge.

Jimmy Armfield far, far better than any of them.

bog

Quote from: Carborundum on March 12, 2018, 08:16:27 PM
Many of them have had cosseted premier league-dominated careers, heavy media coaching and feel obliged to say the odd pungent thing to keep themselves "relevant" and avoid getting replaced for being bland.  All very contrived. 

But there's one who has played at all levels and simply cannot help himself from blurting out what he's thinking.  I disagree with some of what he blurts, but love the fact he blurts it.  His name is Steve Claridge.

Jimmy Armfield far, far better than any of them.

Totally agree about Jimmy Armfield. a real gentlemen who loved the game.

Fulham Tup North

I am a big fan of a chap who does online commentary.
He covers the same team every week.
Gets very excited as well.  Does it with a guy called Jamie.
When there is a game v Chelsea, he never manages to mention their name!
Can you tell who it is yet?
Final clue.......GJ!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

RaySmith

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 12, 2018, 08:56:37 PM
I am a big fan of a chap who does online commentary.
He covers the same team every week.
Gets very excited as well.  Does it with a guy called Jamie.
When there is a game v Chelsea, he never manages to mention their name!
Can you tell who it is yet?
Final clue.......GJ!
0001.jpeg

Dodgin

Didn't know Tammy Wynette's ex husband was still around George Jones