News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Automatic Promotion Places Sorted (almost)

Started by davew, March 14, 2018, 07:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Happy to see Wolves back on track against a very poor Reading side, Brentford should have been 3 up early on but lack of quality in the box cost them, Cardiff didn't look great (how they are 2nd is beyond me) and what were Villa doing (perhaps accepting they are not going to finish in the top 2 and trying to finish 4th so they can play Derby and avoid Boro). I think we will finish 3rd now and likely to face Boro in the play offs, this would be the  side I would least like to play, there again we would probably have to play them at some stage if we want to go up.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

We Are Premier League

why do you assume that Derby will finish ahead of Boro? Sounds very unlikely to me

davew

Quote from: mlangstrom on March 14, 2018, 08:06:20 AM
why do you assume that Derby will finish ahead of Boro? Sounds very unlikely to me
Just my opinion but oops, I didn't realise they are only a point clear of Boro and 3 ahead of Sheff Utd, revised opinion Derby to miss the play offs!!

Roberty

There are still a lot of game to play and this year even the top two are "in play" if they fail to keep on winning

I seem to remember that about this time last season Leeds were still in the hunt and thought to be nailed on for the playoffs

All we can do it to keep winning and wait to see how everyone else responds
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on March 14, 2018, 07:50:15 AM
Happy to see Wolves back on track against a very poor Reading side, Brentford should have been 3 up early on but lack of quality in the box cost them, Cardiff didn't look great (how they are 2nd is beyond me) and what were Villa doing (perhaps accepting they are not going to finish in the top 2 and trying to finish 4th so they can play Derby and avoid Boro). I think we will finish 3rd now and likely to face Boro in the play offs, this would be the  side I would least like to play, there again we would probably have to play them at some stage if we want to go up.

Silly Question maybe Dave,but why are you happy with a Wolves win,it takes them 3 more points away from us....I thought You'd want them to lose every game so it would be possible to catch them.😕

davew

I like the way they play football and I think they deserve to go up, we can't win both automatic places so I would like Wolves to have the other one. Cardiff unfortunately seem to be doing a Brighton, except if they do go up they will be straight down again!!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on March 14, 2018, 08:29:46 AM
I like the way they play football and I think they deserve to go up, we can't win both automatic places so I would like Wolves to have the other one. Cardiff unfortunately seem to be doing a Brighton, except if they do go up they will be straight down again!!

OK dokey..😄😄😄

SuffolkWhite

I still think I'll be stood at Birmingham for the final game of the season with a chance of going up. Lots to play for still and one game at a time as Joka says.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

MrFFC

I will predict top 6 of (In Order)

Wolves
Cardiff
Fulham
Villa
Boro
Sheffield Utd

Think Derby will miss out. Would certainly fancy our chances of beating Sheffield Utd over 2 legs
Come on you Whites!! :)

Fernhurst

I would certainly fancy our chances against Sheff Untd.
Like Dave it looks like Cardiff cemented 2nd last night and I also agree they will be immediately relegated.

My worry would be in final playoff, we have no experience of winning a final unlike Boro.

Think I better shut up and just enjoy the rest of the season.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

keithh

I know that nothing is to be taken for granted but my mind is saying that we're consolidating 3rd or 4th spot - my heart wishes for a higher finish yet the top 2 seem to grinding out results. Couldn't believe the Aston Villa score last night; just what was hoped for though.

BedsFFC

I watched the cardiff game last night.

I hope this isn't jealousy on my part, I dont think so. I have grown really fond of the championship. I've seen cardiff four times and have been so underwhelmed every time.

I'm amazed and disappointed they represent the 2nd best team in the league.

I'm involved in grass roots football and from the age of about 9 years old upwards, there are always teams that just go for big quick players and use intimidation as their key feature. By about 16, these teams stop being top of the league because other teams players grow but also have the technique at that point.
Cardiff are like the professional version of the teams.

And...these teams always have 2 or 3 coaches on the sidelines, whose sole role on matchday is to try and get in the refs head to both stop him reacting to their fouls and to give free kicks on fouls against them.

I was listening to their coaches last night on the side. You could hear them if you really listened for it. Jesus, it was exactly the same thing I have heard for years on the sidelines from these type of teams. I was in shock. Constant barrage. Clearly a tactic.

I thought Brentford were so poor. Their midfield got bullied and were anonymous and they didn't have anything up front and the defence was so weak. They reminded me of us in our first season down.

I just can't believe Derby, Wolves, Villa, Sheff U, Norwich, Forest & Hull will be so soft against them

toshes mate

Well, davew, I hadn't realised the Championship top two finale was due last night.  I guess (and hope) Wolves and Cardiff will now hang up their boots and join you on the golf course.

Lighthouse

I know we all do it but I love these early predictions as if teams will just continue on their merry way. Much can change for all of us and as we have seen any team can beat any team. Far too early to think we are too far from Cardiff to catch them. Mind you I am not yet convinced we will make the play offs  :022:. Anything can happen
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BedsFFC

There's something about Cardiff that really grates me.

To make matters worse, I have just found out something. You won't like it.

Apparently, their bloody Welsh as well

filham

Still a lot of water to pass under the bridge, 27 points yet to be contested.

However it does look like Wolves, Cardiff or perhaps Villa for automatic promotion, we really should make play offs.

Unlikely but not impossible for Brentford in 11th place still to make play offs and then gain promotion,
leaving us behind for another Championship season.  How embarrassing would that be.

Mince n Tatties

Considering the way we are playing,and the run we are on,some of you seem to have little faith.
We will win 7 and draw 2 and either snatch 2nd or even the title,maybe we might win all nine...Coyw
049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Southcoastffc

Quote from: BedsFFC on March 14, 2018, 11:28:14 AM

At least the Welsh can speak and write English properly! ...."they're bloody...."  :022:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Milo

Quote from: BedsFFC on March 14, 2018, 11:28:14 AM

Bad eggs

davew

Quote from: toshes mate on March 14, 2018, 10:59:15 AM
Well, davew, I hadn't realised the Championship top two finale was due last night.  I guess (and hope) Wolves and Cardiff will now hang up their boots and join you on the golf course.
LOL, not sure any of their players are good enough to play me off scratch?