more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Fulham don't get promoted

Started by Litrecola_, March 13, 2018, 02:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: Litrecola_ on March 13, 2018, 02:33:35 AM
Would you say Sess, TC, Fredericks and Slavisa are all gone?

Cairney, Fredericks and McDonald would all be looking for premiership football, Jocanovic would jump as soon as a better offer came in, Norewood, Ojo, Piazon, Piazon, Kalas, and Mitrovic would instantly return to their parent clubs.

Sess. may just stay for another season's first team football but then we may decide we need the big fat transfer fee to provide the cash to build a new team.

A another promotion opportunity will not come round quickly, essential that we make the best of this one.

At the same time the club should have contingincy plans in place for another season in the championship and the priority has to be to ensure that Jocanovic's contracct is watertight so that it is not easy for the likes of Arsenal to snatch him away just before the start of the season.

Woolly Mammoth

This season is the best chance Fulham FC will have for a while. It has to be this season, as I dread to think what the alternative will be if Fulham FC miss out this year.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Slav will only stay if he thinks he can finish the job, and get us promoted.

If he wants to accept one of the offers he is bound to get,  we won't be able to stop him, nor would  we want him  to stay if his heart was no longer in it.

But maybe  our manager and most of our top players, combined with  youngsters coming through, will stay together for another push at promotion.

Slav is a realist, and  he knows that we may not make it this year, but obviously he and the players really want promotion, but he must have plans in his own mind about what he will do next season if we don't go up, though I suppose that depends upon what offers he  gets.

At present though, he hasn't actually achieved much with Fulham, apart from a play-off place, and potentially another, so I'm sure he'd like to finish off what he's started.

One game at a time - means he and the team are focussing on the moment, and it's still all to play for. 049:gif

itombomb

If Sess, Cairney & Fred go we'll get a lot of money for them, we're probably talking north of 50mil, more if we also offload the likes of Fonte. That allows for a rebuild with quality.

If I'm Slav and I'm told I can spend that money, I reckon the security at Fulham is probably very tempting compared to the basket case nature of the likes of West Ham/Southampton/Watford.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I would have prefered the OP (after only 3 posts) to have said "If WE don't get promoted"

WE, not Fulham
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Forever Fulham

This team has gotten noticed by those in need at certain positions.  I'm sure of it.  If we don't go up this time, we'll get pilfered.  Maybe Joka can pull off the amazing with no Kline around, can rebuild with great new finds, get them to gel early into next season and pile up wins.  Maybe.  He must have ambitions of his own.  The EPL perhaps.    We have to do it this time.  The players are clearly up for it.  They play like this is their big opportunity.  They are going for it.  All in.  No quit in them.  The next few games should be electrifying. 

Woolly Mammoth

The current team is a promotion outfit, and so far are producing the goods. If anyone can do it as the Coach/ Manager, Slavisa currently can. No matter how good a team is playing, it can always do with a helping hand, like being injury free, the rub of the green, a contentious refereeing decision, a worldy goal, or an opponents dreadful mistake or own goal.
I would rather be lucky than unlucky. ⚽️⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Stop being so pessimistic! The parachute payments are supposed to help even things out after relegation as clubs will be left with a lot of players on high wages. Those players have gone now so the need is not as great. The effect will be minimal. Yes we could lose players and yes we will bring in some new faces but doesn't that happen every season. The future is unknown and yesterday has gone so just enjoy the now

Buffalo76

Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2018, 08:55:59 AM
If it happens it happens and we rebuild and start again. We have a number of players on long contracts we can keep. Good youngsters coming through and cash from the sales if they happen.
It would not be the end of the world as some of you view it. A lit of these same comments were made last season and look how things worked out.
It will be hard no doubt and we would start the season with minus £10m compared to this season as no more parachute payments.
But let's hope it doesn't come to that.

0001.jpeg
That's it and that's all.