watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (13/03/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 13, 2018, 07:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Here's how to stop form striker Aleksandar Mitrovic - according to Fulham team mate Denis Odoi

The striker, who is currently on loan from Newcastle, scored a brace to see the Cottagers secure a 2-1 victory at Deepdale; a result which has further strengthened the side's promotion hopes.

A lot of defenders have tried and failed miserably to contain Aleksandar Mitrovic this season, but Denis Odoi thinks he has the answer to stopping the Fulham.

The striker, who is currently on loan from Newcastle, scored a brace to see the Cottagers secure a 2-1 victory at Deepdale; a result which has further strengthened the side's promotion hopes and made it seven goals in five games for Mitrovic.

Speaking after the game, Odoi was full of praise for the Serbian striker, saying he brings something a little different to the Fulham team.

He said: "He's been a great asset for us, I think he is perhaps the striker we didn't have yet.

"He's physically strong with the defender at his back and I think first half it was difficult for him because the two centre backs were playing really well.

"I know him from Belgium and in the 18-yard box he is just lethal."

He added: "It's the type of striker we didn't have yet.

(Image: Alex Pantling/Getty Images)

"It gives us a player to play and we can push up, and he plays very well and we can make runners and on the crosses too, coming in front of his man he is very strong too.

"I play against him in training and I have my way of defending against him – I don't think you need to have too much contact with him because if you stick against him he's just going to use you as a training pole.

"You just need to keep your distance."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stop-newcastle-mitrovic-odoi-fulham-14395695

WhiteJC

Here's why Ryan Sessegnon should be in the England squad to face Holland and Italy

We weigh up whether Fulham's wonderkid really should go to the World Cup - hint: YES

The calls for Ryan Sessegnon to get a full England call-up have been growing louder and louder as the weeks have gone by.

His 14th goal of the season against Derby County in Fulham's 2-1 win will have raised the volume just that little bit more, while Slavisa Jokanovic gave the 'Sess for England' rally its biggest backing yet .

"Yes," he simply said when Jokanovic was asked whether Sessegnon should be called-up for the England senior team.

He's not the only one, fans across the country have been adding their voices to the calls for the wonderkid to get a call-up by Gareth Southgate, with one even labelling him as ' the winger England have dreamed of for years '.

But is it still too early to give the 17-year-old a call-up, not just for the squad, but for the World Cup in Russia?

Well, lets start with the cons.

Firstly, he hasn't got any Premier League experience.

Granted the Championship has improved immensely in the last ten years, but if he was to be selected for England he'd be going from playing against second tier footballers to the best in the world.

Ryan Sessegnon on England U19 duty

Would he be able to hack that sudden jump in quality, with the added pressure of having to perform immediately with it being a World Cup?

I have no doubt he'll be able to play at a high standard in the Premier League next season, but he'll have the time to get to grips with the competition and the level.

In the World Cup, there are no such luxuries.

Then there's the pressures that will be put on him travelling to a World Cup with England.

(Image: Paul Burgman)

We've seen it before, the pressure of the Three Lions at World Cups seems to be a completely different kettle of fish to anything anywhere else in the world - would it be fair to subject a youngster only two-years into his career with that level of scrutiny?

We saw how much the spotlight shone on a young Theo Walcott in 2006 - would we want Sessegnon to be under that too?

He only signed a pro deal last summer and has been playing for just two years, is there any need to rush him into the England team?

He's 17, let him grow and enjoy his football.

But then there are the pros to a call-up, and experience is one of them.

Experiencing a World Cup with England would be a fantastic learning curve for him and could give him the foundations to build a world-beating career.

Everyone connected to Fulham knows what a ground individual he is, I don't think he'd let a call-up get to his head and he would definitely use it progress his career.

How many can say they've gone to a World Cup at his age?

Pele, Ronaldo and Samuel Eto'o are three that can count themselves among that group, and look at the careers they went on to have.

There's also the fact that Sessegnon is in form, and that would count for a lot going into a major tournament - there's not many left sided players in England who are having a better season than him.

There's every chance a trio of Raheem Sterling, Dele Alli and Sessegnon behind Harry Kane could cause problems.

The old saying of 'if you're good enough, you're old enough' is one that Jokanovic is a fan of, and Sessegnon is clearly good enough, so why not an England call-up?

Steve Holland won't have been watching Sessegnon for no reason, and there's every chance he could go.

My take on it is that I think Sessegnon should go to the World Cup, if he's going to play. If he's just going to sit on the bench, then he shouldn't be in the squad.

That said, I think he should travel out there with the side either war - if he's not playing, don't put him in the squad but let him experience the whole tournament, much like England rugby do with their youngsters.

Having the experience of a World Cup could well help progress his career just that little further.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sessegnon-england-tottenham-liverpool-fulham-14368979

WhiteJC

Double Scotland Call

Fulham pair Tom Cairney and Kevin McDonald have been named in the Scotland squad for their upcoming friendly matches against Costa Rica and Hungary.

Cairney made his international debut this time last year against Canada, whilst McDonald will be hoping to get a first appearance for his country under his belt.

The fixtures will be Alex McLeish's first of his second spell in charge of Scotland, with the squad announcement following the news that Fulham Under-23s Head Coach Peter Grant will be one of his assistants.

Scotland host Costa Rica at Hampden Park on Friday 23rd March, before travelling to Budapest for another international challenge match four days later.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/march/12/double-scotland-call

WhiteJC

Mitrovic is on fire, Denis Odoi's form at centre back at 15 unbeaten - here's what we took from the weekend

Another game unbeaten for Fulham - here's what we took away from the Battle of Deepdale on Saturday

Fulham added another feather to their cap on Saturday when a last-minute Aleksandar Mitrovic goal made sure they beat Preston North End 2-1 at Deepdale.

For all the beautiful football they've played and goals they've scored, the win on Saturday was one that has impressed me most this season.

Last season, Fulham would've lost that game.

Preston stifled their style and got in their faces, like they did at the game at Craven Cottage earlier in the season, and didn't allow the Cottagers to get into fourth or fifth gear.

But they still ground out a win, with Mitrovic netting his sixth and seventh goals to make it 15 unbeaten - here's what we took from the game.

Mitrovic is on fire

I suppose it would be wrong not to start with Mitrovic, who has taken to life in SW6 like a duck to water.

It's now seven goals for the loan man, with all of those coming in the past five games - something that has really given Fulham an extra dimension to their game.

His hold up play is fantastic, his physical presence winds defenders up and he knows where the net is, why Rafa Benitez chose to let him leave the North East is beyond me, but no one at the Cottage is complaining.

He didn't play particularly well in the first half at Preston, but he got more involved in the second 45 and came out with two goals.

When you're in form, you're going to score goals regardless of how you play.

Can he add to his tally against QPR on Saturday in the derby? You wouldn't bet against it.

Denis Odoi - the Belgian Paolo Maldini?

I don't think anyone would've thought at the start of the season that Odoi would not only be playing at centre back, but giving Slavisa Jokanovic enough reasons to keep him in the team at the expense of Tomas Kalas.

He started slowly, with Sean Maguire getting the better of him in the first few minutes, but after that the Belgian hardly put a foot wrong.

Odoi doesn't have the stereotypical build of a centre half - he's not six foot plus, he's not a big bloke, but my goodness can the lad defend.

He is fantastic at shadowing his man and winning the ball at the right time, while his marking rarely leaves his man free with time to receive the ball.

And then there's his ability in the air - for a man that is about five foot ten he is strong in the aerial duels, there must be springs in his boots because Odoi is probably has one of the highest leaps in the team.

Jokanovic wanted another centre half in January, but with the way Odoi is playing the head coach may forget he ever had that wish.

14 unbeaten - equalling a record

That's victory now meant it's 14 unbeaten for Fulham, with Jokanovic equalling a record held by Kevin Keegan's side of 1998-99.

They have the chance to break that against QPR on Saturday in the west London derby, but the form since November itself has been stunning.

It's two defeats in 21 games for Fulham, the last of those coming back in December with that defeat at Sunderland, which has seen the side hunting down the automatic promotion spots.

While I still think second place is too much personally, you have to give so much credit to Jokanovic for turning the season round and getting the club in this position.

What better way than to break the record than against QPR hey?

A new dimension

As I mentioned previously, I think Fulham would've lost that game last season.

A side like Preston are exactly the type of team the Cottagers struggled against, they were pressing high, in their faces and tried to stop the side playing football.

But with this edition of Fulham, if you plug one hole another pops up elsewhere, and that was the case on Saturday.

Preston stopped the slick passes and Tom Cairney had a new shadow in the form of Ben Pearson who attempted to stop the metronome of Fulham from ticking along.

But in doing that, Mitrovic popped up with two goals that didn't come from the team's usual slick passing.

The side look so much more balanced this latter half of the season and have different ways of winning games, as opposed to the over reliance on Cairney last season.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mitrovic-fire-denis-odois-form-14398557

WhiteJC

Television pundit reveals why he thinks Cardiff City will beat Aston Villa and Fulham to second spot in the Championship

Former Sunderland player Michael Gray has tipped Cardiff City to beat Aston Villa and Fulham to automatic promotion.

The Football on 5: Championship pundit has been talking up the Bluebirds' chances of securing promotion to the Premier League this season.

Cardiff made it six straight wins with victory over Birmingham City on Saturday, maintaining their four-point gap over Aston Villa but people were still looking elsewhere.

Aston Villa grabbed the headlines with a 4-1 home win over leaders Wolves and many still fancy them to catch Cardiff between now and the end of the season.

However, former player and current pundit Michael Gray is having none of it as the race for second spot heats up.

He thinks Cardiff City will bat off competition from Aston Villa and Fulham to secure second spot, while still tipping Wolves to lift the title, despite having their lead cut to three points on the weekend.

Speaking on Channel 5's Championship highlights show, he said: "I've got to back them (Wolves), I still think they've got enough quality to go on and win the Championship.

"I said before about Fulham, I said before that they will go unbeaten until the end of the season so the other teams around them have to do the same.

"But I'm still going to tip Cardiff because I still think they've got experience, they've got goals and I'm still tipping them to go up in second spot."

The Bluebirds have a tough week ahead with visits to Brentford and Derby County to negotiate, but they need just three points between the two games to ensure they head into the international break with second place still in their grip.

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/16842-2/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic: Striker allows Fulham to play a different style, says Denis Odoi

Aleksandar Mitrovic averages a goal every 84 minutes for Fulham

Aleksandar Mitrovic's physicality allows Fulham to play a different style, says team-mate Denis Odoi.

Mitrovic has scored seven goals in eight games since joining the club on loan from Newcastle on 1 February.

But while his goals have been key in helping Fulham move up to fourth in the Championship and go 15 games unbeaten, he also offers an outlet up front.

"The goals are very important, but he's also a resting point for us when we play it up top," Odoi said.

Mitrovic's seven goals have come in the last five games, the latest a header in the 91st minute to clinch a 2-1 win over Preston on Saturday.

The Serbian striker is already Fulham's joint second-highest scorer this season behind Ryan Sessegnon and his 6ft 2ins frame allows the Whites greater variation in their play.

Manager Slavisa Jokanovic has plenty of pace in forward areas from Floyd Ayite, Sheyi Ojo, Neeskens Kebano and Aboubakar Kamara, but before Mitrovic's arrival his side lacked a physical presence.

"I think before [Mitrovic arrived] we couldn't play long balls because we didn't really have a striker who could keep the ball," Odoi told BBC Radio London.

"Rui Fonte can keep the ball when you play it to his feet, but he's not as tall. With Mitro you can play a hard ball and he'll still take it down on his chest, so I think that's the difference.

"We can play to him and then we can push up as a team and he puts the ball back to Stefan Johansen or Tom Cairney and runners like Ryan Sessegnon."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43371816

WhiteJC

2018/19 Season Tickets

The Club today announces its 2018/19 Season Ticket prices, with existing supporters able to renew from £299 for adults and from £47 for juniors.

Next season's Renewal Prices remain the same as the 2017/18 Regular Prices, which were available to purchase for the current season from 15th April 2017 until 1 June 2017, after which prices were further increased.

Prices are guaranteed regardless of the Club's league status next season if purchased before the Renewal Price and Seat Hold Deadline of 5pm, Friday 13 April 2018. Following this date, all seats will be released, and increased pricing, to be announced on fulhamfc.com, will be applicable.

A Season Ticket continues to offer the best and most affordable way to watch every Fulham home league fixture at Craven Cottage next term.

The lowest priced adult renewal equates to just £13 per league game in the Sky Bet Championship. Should Fulham be competing in the top tier next season, adults would enjoy Premier League football from just over £15 per league match.

What's more, once again junior Season Ticket prices remain unchanged at just £47 in the Johnny Haynes Stand Family Zone areas, and from as little as £49 in the Hammersmith and Riverside Stands – offering some of the cheapest junior Season Tickets across both divisions.

Prices for new 2018/19 applicants also remain at great value. Offering something for everyone, adult Season Tickets start from £349, with junior prices from £59.

A two-day Seat Move period will become available from Tuesday 17th April, where renewed or newly purchased Season Ticket Holders will be able to change or relocate their seat for free. In advance of the planned new Riverside Stand - work scheduled to commence in 2019/20 - and as discussed with the Fulham Supporters' Trust, Season Ticket Holders in the Riverside Stand will have a priority move window on Tuesday 17th April, before all other Season Ticket Holders on Wednesday 18th April.

All 2018/19 Season Ticket Holders will receive a number of exclusive benefits. In addition to having your seat guaranteed at Craven Cottage, other highlights for 2018/19 include the re-introduction of 10% off Club merchandise in the Stadium Store, as well as the opportunity to enjoy 50% off Craven Cottage Tours, visiting behind-the-scenes of London's original football club.

All supporters are encouraged to renew or purchase ahead of Friday 13th April, in order to take advantage of the very best prices available for the 2018/19 season.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/march/12/2018-19-season-tickets

WhiteJC

International Call-Ups

Details of the Fulham players who have received call-ups from their respective countries ahead of the upcoming international period.

Senior squad

Floyd Ayité (Togo) – Friendlies

Tom Cairney (Scotland) – Friendlies

Cyrus Christie (Republic of Ireland) – Friendly

Ben Davis (Singapore) – Friendlies

Tomas Kalas (Czech Republic) – Friendlies

Neeskens Kebano (Congo) – Friendly

Kevin McDonald (Scotland) – Friendlies

Aleksandar Mitrović (Serbia) – Friendlies

Oliver Norwood (Northern Ireland) – Friendly

Under-17s

Luca Ashby-Hammond (England) – Friendlies

Any additional call-ups will be announced on fulhamfc.com in due course.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/march/12/international-call-ups

WhiteJC

Denis Odoi admits he has no idea whether recent performances will keep him in Fulham's starting XI

The Belgian came into the side for Tomas Kalas and has performed well for Fulham at centre back alongside Tomas Kalas

Denis Odoi admits he doesn't know whether his recent performances will mean he keeps his spot in the Fulham team, but has revealed he is doing into more of a centre back.

The Belgian arrived at Craven Cottage last summer as a right back, but has been played in all positions across the back four since his arrival, with Slavisa Jokanovic now employing him more as a centre half.

And he's done well since coming into the side after Tomas Kalas suffered an injury that has seen him miss the past three games, keeping a clean sheet in the victory over Sheffield United in midweek, but he's still not sure whether he'll keep his place in the starting XI.

He said: "I have no idea, that's up to the gaffer, but I think also that the gaffer looks at the opponents sometimes and obviously me and Kalas have different styles.

"I was disappointed when I didn't play against Wolves, because I played against Bristol and thought I played a good game and then he decided to go for Kalas.

"So I think the gaffer makes some choices depending on the opponents but obviously I want to play every game."

It may not have been his regular starting position before this season, but Odoi is enjoying himself in the heart of the Fulham defence alongside Tim Ream.

Defensively he looks strong, and it was clear for most people who watching Fulham that Odoi doesn't have the same threat going forward as the likes of Ryan Fredericks, Cyrus Christie and Matt Targett - something the 29-year-old himself admits.

But he knows he is defensively sound and playing at centre back allows him to show off his strongest point.

He added: "I've played there a few times before but not that often.

"I like playing in the centre back position, I'm one of maybe a few guys that likes defending.

"I think as a full back I don't have the biggest statistics but I think defensively that's maybe my strong point and as a centre back I can do that.

"If I get a clean sheet, it feels as good as scoring a goal to me.

"I've played a few positions this season and now it seems I'm turning into more of a centre back - I'm not the biggest but I'll go for any header.

"I'm a little bit disappointed by first interception I made in the beginning of the game but then I think I was solid, and also with Tim Ream playing at a really high level it makes it easier to play.

"I just do my best and I want to play every game, I'm disappointed when I don't play but when I get the chance I'll do my best and I think everyone knows that."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/denis-odoi-admits-no-idea-14399182

WhiteJC

Fulham rewarding their loyal fans by offering season ticket price freeze - even if they reach the Premier League

Season ticket prices at the moment will cost a fan who is renewing their season ticket the same as it would with regular prices last campaign

Fulham are rewarding their loyal fans by offering a season ticket prize freeze - even if they reach the Premier League.

Fans who had season tickets last year can now renew their ticket for the same price it would've cost for someone to buy a season ticket last season at regular prices - that is outside of the early bird offering.

Supporters will have the chance to renew their season ticket at those prices until 5pm on April 13, when prices will be increased and all seats released to supporters.

Tickets in all categories are available at the price they were at regular prices last season, which means that someone who bought an early bird season ticket last season will be paying more but won't pay any more than an adult fan who bought it at regular prices - meaning they could be able to watch Premier League football at the same price as Championship football this season.

For instance, a season ticket in sections H3, H4, H5, or H6 will cost an adult £449 before April 13 - which is the same as it would've cost them had they purchased a season ticket at regular prices last season.

Meanwhile, juniors will be able to buy a ticket from as little as £47 - the same price as last season.

However, the most expensive season ticket at the moment will cost a fan £929 (an adult buying a season ticket that is not renewing in sections VL, W and WL of the Riverside Stand) - an increase of £90 from last season's regular pricing.

A full pricing of season tickets at Fulham next season, up until 5pm on April 13 can be found here, and fans are able to renew or purchase season tickets for the coming season here .

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-rewarding-loyal-fans-offering-14400274

WhiteJC

5 aerials won, 4 shots: This Fulham ace could be the difference in promotion race

Fulham continue to fly at the moment with them putting whoever they come across to the sword in impressive fashion.

The men from Craven Cottage are looking like they'll take the promotion battle all the way after beating many of those sides around them over the last few weeks.

The streak continued at the weekend, too, as they beat Preston in the dying minutes thanks to the man who could be the difference in the promotion race for the Lilywhites – our latest FLW Spotlight Aleksandar Mitrovic:

It doesn't take an expert to suggest that the Serbian powerhouse has been exceptional so far for the Lilywhites since coming in.

He's scoring goals for fun at this level – primarily because he is too good for the league – and that could just mean he and Fulham are Premier League regulars once more next season.

Perhaps what's most impressive, though, is the fact that he's really putting in a shift every time he plays.

At Newcastle, he had talent but didn't perhaps always showcase it for one reason or another.

At Fulham, though, he is looking far more disciplined and content with his game so, whilst he's scoring goals, he's also working hard for the team and that's making him the player many thought he'd be right now.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/5-aerials-won-4-shots-this-fulham-ace-could-be-the-difference-in-promotion-race/

WhiteJC

Report: No personal issues between Benitez and Mitrovic at Newcastle

As Aleksandar Mitrovic continues to impress for Fulham it's revealed there are no personal issues with Rafa Benitez at Newcastle.

Aleksandar Mitrovic was the match-winner for Fulham at the weekend as they made it 15 Championship matches unbeaten with a 2-1 victory at Preston North End.

Mitrovic netted a brace at Deepdale with the second coming in the 91st minute to secure all three points as the striker continues to impress on loan from Newcastle United.

The 23-year-old has scored seven goals in eight games for the Cottagers since arriving on a temporary deal from Newcastle during the January transfer window.

Mitrovic has already played one more match for the West London side in a little over a month than he managed in the entire first half of the season for the Magpies.

There were rumours that the Serbia international and manager Rafa Benitez had fallen out, but the Chronicle reports that there are no personal issues between the two men and that was not the reason for the forward's omission from the first team.

Does that mean that if Mitrovic continues to impress in the second tier of English football then he could still have a future at St James' Park under the guidance of Benitez?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/12/no-personal-issues-between-benitez-and-mitrovic-at-newcastle/

WhiteJC

Former Manchester United keeper Edwin van der Sar explains why he joined Fulham from Juventus

The Dutch keeper spent four years at Fulham before moving on to join Manchester United, where he won the Champions League

Edwin van der Sar has revealed the reason he decided to join Fulham from Juventus - claiming he saw it as taking one small step back to make several steps forward in the future.

He ended up spending four years at the west London club after signing from the Italian giants in 2001, with his former club deciding to sing Gianluigi Buffon for a then-record fee for a goal keeper.

Van der Sar revealed that he spoke to Ajax, who he is now CEO of, Liverpool and Dortmund before settling on Fulham, eventually leaving then after more than 100 appearances for Manchester United.

He went on to spend six years at Old Trafford, winning the Premier League and Champions League, and has revealed he went to Fulham to just play football.

He told FourFourTwo : "Around that time, there was quite a lot of movement among keepers in Italy, with Buffon signing for Juve, Francesco Toldo going to Inter Milan and Sebastien Frey moving to Parma.

"It was a kind of jostle between goalies at the top clubs, but I was left out. I then spoke to Ajax, to Liverpool and to Dortmund.

"The latter two wanted to wait until the end of the summer transfer window. I didn't want to be hanging on for that long.

(Image: Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images)

"Fulham had some big ambitions – they had just won the First Division title to go into the Premier League and were signing a lot of new players.

"I just wanted to play some football. I consulted Louis van Gaal, who was the Netherlands' national coach at the time, and he was really positive about the move.

"I saw it as maybe taking one small step back in order to then try to make several steps forward further down the line."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-manchester-united-keeper-edwin-14401442

WhiteJC

Ojo: Happy To Be Back

Sheyi Ojo is delighted to be back contributing to Fulham's promotion challenge.

The winger had spent six weeks on the sidelines following our win over Middlesbrough back in January, but he's featured in the last four outings – a run which has yielded maximum points.

"It's been a difficult time for me, being injured for so long, but I'm happy to be back and playing now," he told fulhamfc.com.

"I'd like to be playing more but I've got to be patient and hopefully I'll start to get more game time.

"It's been a tough spell for us. We played a lot of great teams but we've come through it really well. We haven't lost in 15 games, we're in good form now so we've got it keep it up.

"Preston was a massive win for us. We have good momentum now. It's great to contribute to the win and what is a huge three points for us."

Aleksandar Mitrović's brace – his second of the week – secured Fulham's 2-1 win on Saturday, and Ojo hailed the impact made by his fellow loanee.

"He's been really good," he admitted. "Obviously the main job of a striker is to score, and he's got seven goals already.

"He's in really good form, and that's important for us in our push for promotion.

"We're taking it one game at a time. Getting the three points at Preston was another massive step for us.

"We'll rest and recover now and on Saturday we'll be trying to get another three points against QPR.

"It's a special game, derbies always are, but we'll be looking for the three points, as we do every match."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/march/12/sheyi-ojo-happy-to-be-back

WhiteJC

Fulham players make up half of the Championship's top ten passers this season

Fulham are renowned for their dominant style of football and the stats on the Championship top ten passers speak for themselves

Half of the Championships top ten passers are made up of Fulham players - with Kevin McDonald leading the way, according to OPTA.

The Scotsman has completed 2,129 passes in 33 appearances for Slavisa Jokanovic's side this season - 80 more than anyone else, with Derby County's Tom Huddlestone lagging behind McDonald in second.

It will be no surprise to see all four players that have played in the midfield for Fulham this season are in the top ten, with Stefan Johansen in fifth place, making 1,997 passes in 36 appearances.

The top five consists of McDonald, Huddlestone, Ruben Neves of Wolves (2,023), Liam Moore of Reading (2,007) and Johansen.

Next up, however, is Fulham's centre back Tim Ream, who has been in immense form this season and is the 6th best passer in the league, making 1,970 in 34 appearances, while next up is Oliver Norwood, who has made 1,935 passes in 32.

It wouldn't be a list of passers without Tom Cairney, and looking at the list, it would be fair to say he would be miles on top had he not been injured this season.

The captain has made 1,929 passes in just 25 appearances - that's an average of 77.16 a game, compare that to McDonald at the top, who has an average of 64.51 passes a game and you can see why he's probably the best passer in the league.

To make up the top ten, Romain Saiss of Wolves has 1,915 passes in 32 appearances while Jack O'Connell of Sheffield United has made 1,913 in 36.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-players-make-up-half-14401136

WhiteJC

Sheyi Ojo making up for lost time at Fulham

Liverpool youngster has designs on Premier League place

On-loan Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo is on a mission to help fire Fulham back into the Premier League.

The 20-year-old England youth international has endured a stop-start campaign with the Cottagers.

Ojo was sidelined for two months after dislocating his shoulder early in the season and a leg injury sustained in January led to another six weeks out.

However, Ojo has featured in Fulham's last four matches - taking his tally for the season to 22 appearances - and has helped Slavisa Jokanovic's in-form side climb to fourth in the Championship table.

"It's been a difficult time for me, being injured for so long, but I'm happy to be back and playing now," Ojo told fulhamfc.com

"I'd like to be playing more but I've got to be patient and hopefully I'll start to get more game time.

"It's been a tough spell for us. We played a lot of great teams but we've come through it really well. We haven't lost in 15 games, we're in good form now so we've got to keep it up.

"Preston (on Saturday) was a massive win for us. We have good momentum now in our push for promotion. On Saturday we'll be trying to get another three points against QPR."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sheyi-ojo-making-up-lost-14402404