watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Council set date to decide on planning permission for Riverside Stand

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 13, 2018, 10:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Hammersmith and Fulham council set date to decide on planning permission for Riverside Stand

Hammersmith and Fulham council's planning committee will decide whether or not to grant approval on March 20

Fulham and Hammersmith Council will decide whether or not to grant planning permission for Fulham's new Riverside Stand in their Planning and Development Control meeting on March 20.

The planning officer recommendation is to grant approval for the plan, but that is subject to the plans being voted on during the meeting and there being no contrary direction for the Mayor Of London and upon completion of legal agreements and planning conditions.

Fulham are hoping to knock down their existing Riverside Stand and build a new stand which includes more seating, a riverside walk and nine apartments at either side of the stand.

The club have no plans to relocate while work is done, and once completed Craven Cottage while have a capacity of 29,589 - an increase of 3,889.

The meeting will take place in committee room one at Hammersmith Town Hall, and will commence at 7pm on Tuesday March 20.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hammersmith-fulham-council-set-date-14403561

grandad

Shame they cant find room for another 411 seats so we can have a 30k ground.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: grandad on March 13, 2018, 11:57:22 AM

Apparently the apartments are being designed to be able to be converted back to football use if required. If the area they occupy had been seats I reckon capacity would be around 32 k , they've also had to lose seats in the far extreme corner of the Putney end too to accommodate them

toshes mate

That is an interesting fact HillingdonFFC and perhaps a 'plus' for the fluidity of the design which I certainly wasn't aware of.  I still wouldn't want to be in the fight for a parking space though.

MJG

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 13, 2018, 01:00:24 PM
Quote from: grandad on March 13, 2018, 11:57:22 AM

Apparently the apartments are being designed to be able to be converted back to football use if required. If the area they occupy had been seats I reckon capacity would be around 32 k , they've also had to lose seats in the far extreme corner of the Putney end too to accommodate them
the loss of seats in Putney end is due to some hospitality going there but also plans for the ground communication and safety box's to be there during development, replacing the ones within the current riverside stand.
The flats are going to be in the 'dead' space level with the Hammersmith and Putney ends. The only way seats could really be incorporated into that space would be to change designs and go to a curved style. Having sat at various grounds where seats are looking directly at stands and not pitch, I'm happy we are not going down that route.
Leaves options open also for designs of both Putney and Hammersmith ends whenever in the future that might happen.
Just the views of a long term fan