watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loan rumor: Luca de la Torre

Started by BarryP, March 14, 2018, 03:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryP

The New England Revolution are interested in acquiring Fulham attacking midfielder and US youth international Luca de la Torre on loan for the 2018 MLS season, according to British outlet westlondonsport.com.Get

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/03/13/report-fulhams-luca-de-la-torre-could-land-new-england-loan
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

No no no.
Find a team in the Championship or even League 1. MLS is a graveyard for young talent.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RolandAJ

I go to 10+ Galaxy games a season; much better level than in the past, but not there yet.  YJ and Klinsmann have it right.

Stay in England!
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

Barrett487

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 14, 2018, 05:21:42 PM
No no no.
Find a team in the Championship or even League 1. MLS is a graveyard for young talent.
MLS seasons aren't aligned with our leagues though. Could be useful experience.

HatterDon

Quote from: Barrett487 on March 14, 2018, 06:00:12 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on March 14, 2018, 05:21:42 PM
No no no.
MLS seasons aren't aligned with our leagues though. Could be useful experience.

then we should loan him to a club in Scandinavia / Yankee Jim is dead right. MLS is death for young talent.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Keep him!!!  He's a big part of our future.

HatterDon

Quote from: Forever Fulham on March 15, 2018, 02:43:04 AM
Keep him!!!  He's a big part of our future.

I don't believe anyone is talking transfer; we're all just talking about summertime employment.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Would be a good move for him. I suspect his total minutes this season are not high and so a dozen games or so in MLS during the summer would be good for him.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

Quote from: MJG on March 15, 2018, 06:03:06 AM
Would be a good move for him. I suspect his total minutes this season are not high and so a dozen games or so in MLS during the summer would be good for him.

As long as it's just the summer then I can't see any harm and the experience would be useful. However a loan next season to a lower division club will be important and it needs to be one that tries to play the right style of football.

valdeingruo

Speaking of MLS Danny Hoesen now plays for  San Jose
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

aaronmcguigan

We aren't the best with loans. We don't seem to get our best youth out to teams that will help develop them at a decent level.  All of our loans you'll find are usually players we have discarded and don't want , and waiting for contract to run down, either that or the players don't make the most of their loans and just use it as a holiday.

Would think that anyone dropping down a division or moving down the table would kick them into gear thinking if I'm gonna be good enough for a Fulham, I need to stand out and be the best player in Scotland (George Williams/Matt Kait) Bristol /Burton (Woodrow ) League 2 (Adebayo) or League 1 (Humphrys) just examples where I'd expect them pulling up trees , because if we don't go up, and our
loan players like Piazon return home, there will be a lot of opportunities if they succeed in their loans.

love4ffc

Agree with the others....NO NO NO!  Find him somewhere to continue his development in a positive path forward and not the MLS. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WolverineFFC

Quote from: BarryP on March 14, 2018, 03:00:05 AM
The New England Revolution are interested in acquiring Fulham attacking midfielder and US youth international Luca de la Torre on loan for the 2018 MLS season, according to British outlet westlondonsport.com.Get

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/03/13/report-fulhams-luca-de-la-torre-could-land-new-england-loan

Friedel is their new manager. He is more interested in youth than most MLS coaches I imagine considering his background w Spurs and as the US U-19 Head Coach.

I don't know if MLS is the best option, but at least it would be with a manager who would want to develop him. Friedel obviously wants to win games, but I believe he has a strong interest in being part of the development of US youth players. Only time will tell.

Chutney

Not to MLS, to else where in europe would be great!
C O Y W

Matt10

Agreed, he needs to stay overseas and away from the MLS and USA.

Some good reading material comes from the perspective of Geoff Cameron and Christian Pulisic here:

Cameron: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/geoff-cameron-what-must-change-in-u-s-soccer/

QuoteLook, there are plenty of excellent players in MLS. It's not just the level of "quality" that's elevated overseas. It's more than that. It's a whole mentality. In the top leagues in Europe, it's just ... ruthless. And not just in training camp. Not just when you're trying to impress a new manager.

Every. Single. Day.

It's a grind, both mentally and physically, to keep earning your spot every weekend. You can't even explain it until you've lived it. At Stoke, sometimes we have a few of the academy kids come and fill in during practice if we need some extra bodies, and we can usually tell within the first five minutes — seriously, within the first five — whether or not the kid is going to make it as a pro. There's a certain mentality. A certain look in their eyes. A certain demeanor when they take a really hard tackle. You can recognize it almost instantly.

Pulisic: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/christian-pulisic-usmnt-world-cup/

QuoteIn the U.S. system, too often the best player on an under-17 team will be treated like a "star" — not having to work for the ball, being the focus of the offense at all times, etc. — at a time when they should be having to fight tooth and nail for their spot. In Europe, on the other hand, the average level of ability around you is just so much higher. It's a pool of players where everyone has been "the best player," and everyone is fighting for a spot — truly week in and week out. Which makes the intensity and humility that you need to bring to the field every day — both from a mental and physical perspective — just unlike anything that you can really experience in U.S. developmental soccer.

Without those experiences, there's simply no way that I would be at anywhere close to the level that I am today.