watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old players coming back and getting a warm welcome

Started by BedsFFC, March 16, 2018, 09:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Was watching the Barca game the other day with my son. We saw that Pedro got a great welcome when he came on for "them".

My son asked if that always happened. I said NO. In fact its quite rare. I said FFC had a few that got a good welcome. He asked me who? I thought I'd have loads but I couldnt think of one. I know there is a few as I have applauded them myself.

He named a few:

Zamora - BIG NO
Danny Murphy - Cant remember even if we played Blackburn
Dempsey - No don't think so

I go back to 77 but owing to fading memory cells, I'm struggling.

Did Steed? Louis? Sean Davis?

Did Ivor play for Them against us? What happened?

I'm sure you can assist

spikey norman

From memory I think Dembele,Stockdale and Baird received decent reception

filham

Well I think we should give Smith a warm welcome on Saturday,  thought he was hard done by here, always a danger in the box, he tried hard but was never given a real chance.

Mike the White

I'd give Chris Coleman a shout - he was great for us

Milo

RaySmith

Bent is the only returning player I remember much animosity directed towards.

cookieg

I'm sure Van Der Sar would have played against us and got a great reception.

snarks

Quote from: Milo on March 16, 2018, 10:45:00 AM
Burn? Dejegah? To add to your list.

Dan Burn got boos when we played Wigan last season, which I personally thought was disgraceful.

Baird, Stockdale, Dejaga, Kasami, Hughes (A) all got decent receptions. Even Stearman got a round of applause. That's all over the last couple of seasons.

Nero

I think its all to do with the manner in which they left plays a big part in the reception.

cmg

I seem to remember Pesch getting an ovation when he came on as a late sub for Derby in a Cup replay.
Enthusiasm was somewhat diminished when he almost immediately (naturally) grabbed an equaliser.

VicHalomsLovechild

Zat Knight? Didn't Maik Taylor get a clap? He might have been a sub.

HamsterWheel

Dan Burn got a lot of cheers when he came back and sat in the Hammy End shortly after Felix the Cheese had booted him.

Mullers OG

Best reception I can remember for a returning player was when Maik Taylor went down to the Hammersmith end on his first game back at Fulham.  He was rightly cheered to the rafters as one of the finest keepers ever to have played for Fulham.

bog

Quote from: filham on March 16, 2018, 09:57:24 AM
Well I think we should give Smith a warm welcome on Saturday,  thought he was hard done by here, always a danger in the box, he tried hard but was never given a real chance.

:plus one: I think he did not fit our style but I agree otherwise, nice lad with it.

092.gif

Jims Dentist

Quote from: HamsterWheel on March 16, 2018, 11:43:41 AM
Dan Burn got a lot of cheers when he came back and sat in the Hammy End shortly after Felix the Cheese had booted him.
[/quote Was that not  the great Brede Hangerland?

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Mullers OG on March 16, 2018, 01:11:12 PM
Best reception I can remember for a returning player was when Maik Taylor went down to the Hammersmith end on his first game back at Fulham.  He was rightly cheered to the rafters as one of the finest keepers ever to have played for Fulham.
Terrific keeper was Maik T.