watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has anyone else had an "opt in" email

Started by bobbo, March 16, 2018, 01:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

I've got an opt in email from the club explaining I need to fill in a form - on line - or I won't be getting anymore notifications from them. I'm wary of unexpected and seemingly unessesary requests.
Who else has had this.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

e4b

I have. Filled in what I wanted and refused the rest.Hope I don't get to many unwanted emails.

Southcoastffc

I think all STH's have.  It seems to be a marketing-based thing and it stems from a change in Data Protection legislation. .  (I imagine that you can opt out in future if it's not to your liking.) 

For what it's worth, I have a number of other STHs in my FFC Friends and Family group and only those of us who had PREVIOUSLY not opted out of marketing emails received emails offering free tickets a months or so ago.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Joseffc

GDPR related.

New EU stipulated laws regarding data security and usage coming into fruition from May. Actually seems we are one step ahead of many on this.

Burt

Yes.

The new data protection regs (GDPR) mean that where organisations gather, hold and process personal data, then that person has to give specific and informed consent to any activity that is being considered. So a blanket opt-in is no longer applicable.

I'm living the GDPR dream at work at the moment :)

MJG

Quote from: Burt on March 16, 2018, 01:46:11 PM
Yes.

The new data protection regs (GDPR) mean that where organisations gather, hold and process personal data, then that person has to give specific and informed consent to any activity that is being considered. So a blanket opt-in is no longer applicable.

Burt, you and me both. Must have been to about a dozen seminars and meetings on the subject in last year. Currently working with our CRM supplier to update info we hold.

Seems Fulham are going down the switch everyone off and opt in option. They dont need to do that, but safest way.
Just the views of a long term fan

keithh

I received it a couple of days ago & completed it with the minimum of information I could get away with.

bobbo

Thank you, I did much the same little info, after reading your replies.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Scrumpy

Quote from: MJG on March 16, 2018, 01:54:36 PM
Yes.

Burt, you and me both. Must have been to about a dozen seminars and meetings on the subject in last year. Currently working with our CRM supplier to update info we hold.

Seems Fulham are going down the switch everyone off and opt in option. They dont need to do that, but safest way.

Make that three! I run a very small business so don't have the luxury of a 'legal department' or much time for seminars. Yet more paperwork and red tape for a lot of smaller businesses, although I can see the need to protect consumers and their details.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Fulham Tup North

Yes.

I am with you.  I work in a Purchasing Dept . and every business who supplies us, has had to send out the GDPR request form. Sick of filing them in 😞.
Luckily we only use about 3,500 suppliers !!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"