watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged - RIP Stan Brown

Started by f321ffc, March 16, 2018, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnief

Totally agree with all the above especially CMG. He was a true Fulham Great.

Andy S

One of my favourites from the 60's Stan Brown played in every position for us including in goal. A true utility player who would never let you down wherever he played. Condolences to his family and friends & RIP Stan Brown

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Andy S on March 16, 2018, 06:57:15 PM
One of my favourites from the 60's Stan Brown played in every position for us including in goal. A true utility player who would never let you down wherever he played. Condolences to his family and friends & RIP Stan Brown
Well said Andy, I would echo that.

BedsFFC

He was before my time. He clearly has a place in the heart for many on here. Not sure this is the thread but would be interested to know if any of you could tell us a player in the modern era that resembled his play, just to give us an idea.

Clearly, the club will do something to remember him. I far prefer a minutes applause in these types of situations.

Dodgin

Play anywhere, that was Stan such a sad loss. RIP

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobby01

RIP Stan, a Fulham man through and through.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fernhurst

What sad sad news, and deepest condolences to Stan's family and close friends.

A real Fulham stalwart held in such high esteem by those of us lucky enough to witness his strenuous efforts on behalf of our beloved club.

Stan features heavily in one of my very special Fulham memories.
Back in 62 we were down among the strugglers again when the millionaires of Everton came to town. The Maestro had just broken his leg and this was our first home game without him with league leaders Everton heavy favourites.
They hadn't allowed for Fulhamish and the 33,000 voices roaring them on, enter the inventor of the long throw Jim Langley and a flick on found dear Stan rushing in at the far post to put us into a lead we didn't relinquish.
A thirteen  year old Fernhurst was so so happy and happier still 40 odd years later when I was privileged to shake Stan's hand at the unveiling of The Maestros statue.

Believe it or not I have a recording of the highlights of that game never ever published anywhere else.

Rest in Peace Stan, the Fulham Family are all thinking of you.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

St Eve

Very sad news. Fulham through and through

VicHalomsLovechild

I started going to watch Fulham in his final couple of seasons. It's a sad moment when your boyhood heroes pass on. You want them to live forever.
My condolences to his family, friends and those on here who watched the teams he was part of.

colinwhite

RIP Stan. A real Fulham man .

ron

Surely the observation that Johnny Haynes himself made of Stan Brown stands as the ultimate epitaph;

"Stan Brown is the kind of player you only notice when he is not playing....."

Such was his effect on a game. Not flashy, totally reliable, in fact the ultimate professional.

RIP Stan. Those of us who had the privilege of seeing you plying your craft will never forget you.

Burt

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 16, 2018, 08:32:17 PM
Believe it or not I have a recording of the highlights of that game never ever published anywhere else.

Could we tempt you in to a FOF exclusive Mr Fernhurst? :)

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 16, 2018, 06:31:13 PM
A real loyal club man, and a players player if ever there was one. I always remember his winner in our 1 0 win v the millionaire club Everton in the sixties when he scored from a corner at the Putney end. Top man, RIP Stan, never forgotten. ⚽️⚽️

Me to Woolly.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Burt on March 17, 2018, 09:53:43 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on March 16, 2018, 08:32:17 PM

Could we tempt you in to a FOF exclusive Mr Fernhurst? :)

Nothing would give me greater pleasure to give access to The Fulham Family to footage of our team never seen before, however there is a very good reason why it is not possible. Will PM you to explain.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.