watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Really odd game..

Started by General, March 17, 2018, 02:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

To go from dominating so comfortably in the first half.. in the 70% possession bracket to just not being at the races at all in 2nd half...

Then at 2-1 to take off sessegnon and cairney.. seems ludicrous.. and to put on fonte.. he's such an ineffective player and he gave away the ball and played out of position leading to Odoi getting the ball despite being closely marked...

If you're going to bring on anyone up front why not aboubakar Kamara..

All in all a very puzzling game.. especially due to the contrast.

Going to be tricky pulling out a man of the match. It's Cardiff to lose..

One Martin Thomas

MoM has to be keeper but some of his distribution and decision making was weak at best. Poor stuff Fulham.

Lighthouse

The point for me is that we played into their hands. Our problem has been playing direct sides. So we kept the ball and in the first half were good value just for a two goal lead. But we never changed things. Allowed them more chances than we created and made some horrible tactical subs that played right into their hands.

Our great run keeps going and after that second half performance we must be content with that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

Also.. so many sideways passes today. I get the possession styled game but today in particular overdone.

Whatever was said in halftime.. poor day at the office.

Mince n Tatties

Whole game changed at HT.
We scored to go 2-0,the players shut off thinking they were going in 2 up...It gave QPR a lift and they deserved what they got second half...My nuts are froze off so now heading for tube then train home rather disappointed... Coyw.

keith

Quote from: General on March 17, 2018, 02:33:27 PM

To go from dominating so comfortably in the first half.. in the 70% possession bracket to just not being at the races at all in 2nd half...

Then at 2-1 to take off sessegnon and cairney.. seems ludicrous.. and to put on fonte.. he's such an ineffective player and he gave away the ball and played out of position leading to Odoi getting the ball despite being closely marked...

If you're going to bring on anyone up front why not aboubakar Kamara..

All in all a very puzzling game.. especially due to the contrast.

Going to be tricky pulling out a man of the match. It's Cardiff to lose..
Agree with everything you say.

MikeW

Basically, we have no plan B.  There was a time during the second half when Ream, about to take a free kick in his own half, virtually clammed up because Rangers closed down the short ball.  He literally didn't seem to know what to do.  We have a big man up front now so no harm in developing a game plan that plays to his strengths.  Not every time but to give us some options.  It was a poor second half for us but many have predicted on here that teams like Rangers with limited skills and negative tactics (two banks of four) will  cause us problems.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

gezkc

To be fair to QPR, they really upped their game in the second half, hustled us when we had the ball and gave us no time.

The substitutions didn't help, but we were already looking rattled long before Cairney and Sess came off.

I agree, a very odd game.

Luka

At 2-0 we were cruising.
oK so they got a lift with their goal with last kick of the first half but what happened second half is a mystery, we played with zero intensity and were vey poor.

Strange substitutions but we don't know if it's injury's or tactical at this moment, so will reserve judgement.

lewislewes

Cairney and Johansen were dreadful that second half. Neither put any effort in. Considering it was the local derby and we needed to win, I'd fine both of them for their lack of effort given. Johansen rarely did anything but walk in the second half. Cairney club captain? That's a joke lol. We should've sold him to West Ham when we could've, they're used to players who don't try. How Oliver Norwood doesn't come into that match is beyond me. Slav must've the half time team talk completely wrong as Piazon, Cairney, and Johansen came out for the second looking like they couldn't be bothered. Then Slav made the terrible decision of pushing Johansen back to dmid when we brought cairney off. How on earth does he not sub Norwood. Johansen hadn't ran at all for the last 20 minutes when he made that decision. And oh let's sub off our most dangerous attacker in Sess and sub on a guy who looks like who couldn't even kick it in a u8 sunday league game. He showed no effort in his minutes and I'd much prefer to never see him again this season.

filham

Jocanovic has done so well with this Fulham team but some of his team selections are puzzling, yesterday's substitutions were among his most questionable.

filham

Quote from: MikeW on March 17, 2018, 02:49:47 PM
Basically, we have no plan B.  There was a time during the second half when Ream, about to take a free kick in his own half, virtually clammed up because Rangers closed down the short ball.  He literally didn't seem to know what to do.  We have a big man up front now so no harm in developing a game plan that plays to his strengths.  Not every time but to give us some options.  It was a poor second half for us but many have predicted on here that teams like Rangers with limited skills and negative tactics (two banks of four) will  cause us problems.
So right , there are times when we just have to fall back on the long ball and with Mitrovic up front it can work in our favour.