https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Always bloody well playing it out from the back

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 17, 2018, 02:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

the problem with doing this is twofold:

- its a dangerous thing to do at the best of times
- if you always play out from the back the opposition know you will do it and if they have any sense they will press you

i knew sooner or later we would get caught out in a big game as Dennis was today.

we need to mix it up, sometimes play it out and sometimes hoof it out. we have mitro as a target man now now so hoofing it up may sometimes reap rewards.

Milo

Thing is early last season, and early this season, these sloppy individual defensive errors were common place. We were constantly pegged back like we were in todays second half.

Difference is that we've been substantially better in attack in the second half of seasons. That's made plan A work.

Today we were complacent and slow to every 50:50. We invited the pressure because we were sloppy. Just need to change that lazy attitude and keep going with plan A for me..

JoelH5

It shouldn't make a difference but it was bitterly cold today. Cardiff win tomorrow and second is off.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

MJG

We are where we are because we play this way.
Just the views of a long term fan

bill taylors apprentice

I don't have a problem with it at all, it clearly works for us and got us to where we are.

I do have a problem with today because we kept repeating the same mistakes over and over as if it would somehow come right.

hovewhite

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 17, 2018, 08:15:45 PM
I don't have a problem with it at all, it clearly works for us and got us to where we are.

I do have a problem with today because we kept repeating the same mistakes over and over as if it would somehow come right.

100%with you on that,also sloppy passes given away by the midfield trio,in fact sloppy all round.
Plus side we didn't lose.

JHaynes Paperboy

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on March 17, 2018, 08:12:23 PM
We are where we are because we play this way.
Agree.  The problem is not the way we play but how good we are at playing it from a technical aspect.  There will always be mistakes in games some proving more costly than others. 

I felt the difference in yesterday's game was a referee who let too much go in the first fifteen minutes of the game when he could have 'carded' players to greater benefit to controlling the game from start to end.  The only reason I can think of as to why Lynch was not red carded for behaving like a thug was the referee's overall latitude and it is somewhat ironic that the official chose to berate TC for being inside the centre circle when so many other infringements went apparently unnoticed or tolerated.   However, the main reason we lost is because we didn't apply ourselves properly after scoring the second goal.   Nobody in sport can ever be cocksure until a match is over.