watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Really classy for some in riverside to boo fonte

Started by BedsFFC, March 17, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Some were voicing their displeasure at the substitution not him personally - he is patently useless

BedsFFC

Quote from: Baszab on March 17, 2018, 03:09:10 PM
Some were voicing their displeasure at the substitution not him personally - he is patently useless

So is their support

Woolly Mammoth

We certainly tried our best to lose the game. The substitutions were Bizarre and did us no favours at all. It's not the end of the world but it just feels like it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 17, 2018, 03:18:01 PM
We certainly tried our best to lose the game. The substitutions were Bizarre and did us no favours at all. It's not the end of the world but it just feels like it.

Piazon was struggling all day with close attention and offered very little defensively. Ayite was a sensible change. Sessegnon was really struggling second half and just doenst quite have the game when teams are denying us any time. Ojo seemed a very sensible change.
Cairney was being doubled up on and wasn't able to shift the momentum. Many on here have talked about Fonte in a no 10 type role.

From my perspective, Mitrovic was getting no service in the 2nd half. I'm assuming that's what these changes were trying to do. It was only for 10 minutes

davew

BedsFFC re Fonte don't you mean no role not a number 10 role?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sgt Fulham

15 games (now 16) unbeaten and booing? Whoever did that needs to look at themselves in the mirror for goodness sake.

Milo

I think in a winning team we can entertain Fonte.. like a three legged puppy

gezkc

I was in the Riverside and didn't hear any booing, but if it happened, I agree it's completely out of order.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on March 17, 2018, 03:33:43 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 17, 2018, 03:18:01 PM

Piazon was struggling all day with close attention and offered very little defensively. Ayite was a sensible change. Sessegnon was really struggling second half and just doenst quite have the game when teams are denying us any time. Ojo seemed a very sensible change.
Cairney was being doubled up on and wasn't able to shift the momentum. Many on here have talked about Fonte in a no 10 type role.

From my perspective, Mitrovic was getting no service in the 2nd half. I'm assuming that's what these changes were trying to do. It was only for 10 minutes

I have no complaints with Ayite, but Fonte coming on was an insult to the other subs, and to get anything out of Ojo, he needs to be brought on a lot earlier as he takes too long to warm up and get going.
Should have brought on Norwood and Kamara. Poor judgement by Joka, and no inspiration with his tactics when it was clear the passing movements and ten yard balls to feet had run out of steam.
Both manager and players have to look at themselves they all froze including Jok.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Milo on March 17, 2018, 03:42:48 PM
I think in a winning team we can entertain Fonte.. like a three legged puppy
I would rather see the puppy play!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2018, 03:36:02 PM

More like a Roll of Lino.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 17, 2018, 04:00:41 PM

Afternoon Woolly, glad you took my place on the matchday thread, I was too busy watching the match on Sky, awful is the only polite way I can describe our performance!

DevonFFC

Wouldn't have booed myself but he did lose it twice on his first two touches

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2018, 04:02:08 PM

Afternoon Woolly, glad you took my place on the matchday thread, I was too busy watching the match on Sky, awful is the only polite way I can describe our performance!

Good Afternoon Dave, I almost ended up standing in the Technical Area with Jok, as today he needed a Mentor.
Not good enough, to find ourselves 2 0 up, and then end up hanging on by our finger tips, because nobody appeared to take responsibility for this debacle.

Never forget your Roots.

Darkside

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2018, 04:02:08 PM

A very generous assessment of the 2nd half

Benny

He was a really poor choice to bring on.

He's weak on the ball and is no match winner !

Piazon was also shocking today and again very lightweight.

Why is Kebano not getting a look in as he's much better than both mentioned about ?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Benny on March 17, 2018, 04:29:46 PM
He was a really poor choice to bring on.

He's weak on the ball and is no match winner !

Piazon was also shocking today and again very lightweight.

Why is Kebano not getting a look in as he's much better than both mentioned about ?

You'll have to ask Slavisa.  Nobody on here will know.

Deeping_white

Thought our fans in general were awful today, no atmosphere and people jeering us playing it out from the back, when it's abundantly clear that's how we start our attacks and structure our play, yet even at 2-1 there were idiots booing and yelling to lump it route one to an outnumbered Mitrovic. Perhaps the part timers who only turn up for the derbies shouldn't come at all...

Stoneleigh Loyalist

43 points out of 51 and a draw against a team that also beat Wolves in the week.

I am not sure what went wrong with us today as we seemed to run out of steam and ideas, but full marks to Holloway for his tactics, and his team for their application.

Yes we should have been out of sight by half time, but we were not and there are several examples in our seventeen match unbeaten run where we were not the best team, but stuck to our jobs.
That can happen in football and I must agree that the arritude of some of our supporters today disgusted me.