watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Really classy for some in riverside to boo fonte

Started by BedsFFC, March 17, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

Fonte coming on made no sense at all.  He's too lightweight to shore up the midfield when we're being pressed, not being a ball-winner or even a ball-retainer for that matter.  While he can be creative going forward that is only the case when the team is on top.  Ayite also added nothing.  We needed some route one stuff and Kamara is the man for that.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Neil D on March 17, 2018, 06:35:35 PM
Fonte coming on made no sense at all.  He's too lightweight to shore up the midfield when we're being pressed, not being a ball-winner or even a ball-retainer for that matter.  While he can be creative going forward that is only the case when the team is on top.  Ayite also added nothing.  We needed some route one stuff and Kamara is the man for that.
You would have put Kamara on for Mitrovic?

Neil D

Quote from: BedsFFC on March 17, 2018, 06:37:01 PM
Quote from: Neil D on March 17, 2018, 06:35:35 PM
You would have put Kamara on for Mitrovic?
Instead of Piazon.

RaySmith

Neither had much time to make an impression, but Fonte did make an effort to be involved.
Slava must have some reason to have him on the bench - and bring him on, even though, I admit , he's not really suited to the Championship.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 17, 2018, 04:42:12 PM
Thought our fans in general were awful today, no atmosphere and people jeering us playing it out from the back, when it's abundantly clear that's how we start our attacks and structure our play, yet even at 2-1 there were idiots booing and yelling to lump it route one to an outnumbered Mitrovic. Perhaps the part timers who only turn up for the derbies shouldn't come at all...

Of course playing out from the back is the foundation of our success but if we had shifted the ball forward quicker a few times it may have resulted in putting the opposition under pressure and Odoi may not have been caught in possession.

We did actually bring 3 attacking players on as subs but the whole performance became even more ineffective as we continued to fanny about at the back waiting for the inevitable cock up!

One James stannard

I was sat in X block and there was no booing anywhere near me. Lots of frustration the way we played 2nd half but no booing!

Riversider

🚨🚨FAKE NEWS ALERT🚨🚨

I sit in Block S and I heard no booing whatsoever.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on March 17, 2018, 06:41:49 PM
Neither had much time to make an impression, but Fonte did make an effort to be involved.
Slava must have some reason to have him on the bench - and bring him on, even though, I admit , he's not really suited to the Championship.

If neither had time to make an impression, why bring them on.
Either both the players aren't good enough, or Jok got it wrong with his judgement, or both. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

An effort to be involved in what (lol), please point me to what part of the game you are referring to, I still have the match saved on my planner, the last part of your comment I totally agree with!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 17, 2018, 09:15:24 PM

If neither had time to make an impression, why bring them on.
Either both the players aren't good enough, or Jok got it wrong with his judgement, or both. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Andy S

I heard no booing in H6 I do however know that as punters we pay our money and are ecouraged to show our feelings. If some people choose to show displeasure so be it. As I said on here a few months ago and got shouted down London derbies are always difficult games and QPR's position in the league was never going to reflect how they play. Neither will Milwall or Brentford

alfie

I really don't understand the nastiness levelled at Fonte, he is not a rubbish player he is just not suited to us or the championship, we all know this, he is put on the pitch by our manager who obviously feels he is. For me it is down to Slav for playing him
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

gezkc

I don't understand all this vitriole towards Fonte either. He was no worse than any other player in the brief 10 minutes he was given, he won a corner for us and is a decent player. Give the guy a break. If Slav wants to play him, he obviously sees qualities some of us less familiar with him don't.

ffcne

Quote from: alfie on March 18, 2018, 08:04:57 AM
I really don't understand the nastiness levelled at Fonte, he is not a rubbish player he is just not suited to us or the championship, we all know this, he is put on the pitch by our manager who obviously feels he is. For me it is down to Slav for playing him
He is a rubbish though

Count Flapula

IF there was booing in the Riverside it was probably the same d***heads that booed Button when he came on for Betts v Wolfsburg in the pre season friendly. Unless they mugged your gran on the way to the ground or something equally heinous there is absolutely no excuse to boo your own players just for being subbed on - ever. Don't want idiots like that anywhere near my team - so counter productive. Even booing the substitution rather than the player himself in the situation we were in is utterly unforgivable.

For those who don't think the crowd behind you makes a blind bit of difference you obviously wasn't at the Juventus / Hamburg home games. Or at games where the crowd turn on the team / Manager - see how many players make runs / call for the ball in that situation.

The clues in the the name people - SUPPORTER.

alfie

Quote from: ffcne on March 18, 2018, 09:57:41 AM
He is a rubbish though
There are people that try and there are people that moan about people that try.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

EastEndWhite

Quote from: alfie on March 18, 2018, 10:16:47 AM
Quote from: ffcne on March 18, 2018, 09:57:41 AM
He is a rubbish though
There are people that try and there are people that moan about people that try.

0001.jpeg

Carborundum

Agreed.  There's a physicality to football in the UK that he's not suited to.  Like Bryan Ruiz before him, he gives it a bit of a go, but it's like dropping a flautist into a heavy metal band. 

Slav's explanation that he wanted someone to play between the lines just shows what an attack minded coach he is.  We did, but Norwood filling the line between our defence and the others to carry the ball out would have been a better disruption to the rhythm of the play.  It's not Fonte fault that when Slav asked him to go on he said "Yes".

Woolly Mammoth

The only booing I heard was when I came in and took my seat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

West Ewells all White

I didn`t hear any booing from the Riverside, then again i`ve never heard anything from the Riverside!