watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The only positive to come out of today.

Started by Riversider, March 17, 2018, 04:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Is the fact that I don't have to read on here anymore about us going for 2nd place, small consolation after a horrible day, the race for automatic was over before Christmas, and that's being generous because I don't think we've ever made the starting line let alone joined the race,
Today was just awful, so many players choosing to have an off day on the same day, and I'll add Jokanovic to that list, to get outsmarted at every turn by Hollowhead really takes some doing,
QPR have got two awful full backs in Furlong and Bidwell none of the QPR support likes them they are both slow and both reluctant to come forward, so our best chance to win today was through our ability to go wide, Targett and Sess on one side and the other I was hoping to see Fredericks with Christie in front of him, the decision to play Piazon wide right was an awful decision by Jokanovic as it gave Bidwell both the courage and opportunity to come forward as he knew that he didn't have to worry about pace behind him,
And yes I'm fully aware that Piazon scored today, but bloody he'll was he bad, as bad as I've ever seen him in a Fulham shirt,
But he wasn't alone Cairney and Sessegnon,  I can only assume were already thinking about the forthcoming International games because they were both poor,
The turning point was obviously the QPR goal right on half time, I would imagine everybody in the stadium , apart from half a dozen people knew where that free kick was going, sadly those half a dozen people were all wearing Fulham kit, as nobody in our back line seemed to have a clue that it was destined for Matt Smith,
In conclusion Jokanovic got it wrong today, we didn't look motivated we looked tired we lacked any kind of belief or spark, Piazon was a mistake, and I've not even mentioned his abysmal choice of substitutions,  why didn't Norwood come on for Cairney ? And where the **ck is Kebano, we were crying out for him today !
I've been saying on here for weeks that Sessegnon has to be taken out of the firing line for a couple of weeks now that Sessegnon needs taking out of the firing line for a couple of weeks and sent away to Dubai or Antigua etc, somewhere to get away from football , to mentally recharge his mind, earlier this season he was the only difference between us and an ordinary side, we've hopefully still got 3 massive games to play in May,  and we need him firing on all cylinders to stand any chance, if we continue to play him every week we are slowly but surely killing the golden goose,
This can still be a great season BUT we can't afford many more days like today.
COYSW

EastEndWhite

You forgot to mention we earned a point today.

grandad

Quote from: EastEndWhite on March 17, 2018, 05:10:13 PM
You forgot to mention we earned a point today.

And we have gone 16 games unbeaten & as it stands are 3rd.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

You want have to read about us going for 2nd again you say.....Well here it is, were 7 points off at moment,anything can happen yet,Cardiff could choke and lose 3 on trot...It's never over till the Lady Sings...
16 unbeaten and your moaning,come on lad.
Some have short memories,they walloped Villa the other night.

St Eve

Disappointing today and it's always easy to second guess. However, Joka has got it right far more often than not and since he is paid to be the coach I assume that he saw something that we didn't when he made the subs. One of those days I'm afraid but will look a lot better when Cardiff and Villa lose

Bill2

Can't argue with some of the points as I was saying the same earlier. Piazon was poor, Fonte was useless and a number of others were not at the races today. Poor passing and the inability to get the ball out of our half in the second half. As for QPR's first goal the guy behind me said exactly what would happen. The 2nd one Odoi will be having nightmares about that for months

toshes mate

I am rather surprised the OP regards not having to listen to talk of Fulham chasing automatic promotion as a positive, which says more about him than it does about the Club, the match, the chances to come or almost anything else we can possibly contemplate.  Saying the world didn't end at the final whistle would have been altogether more reassuring.  I thought two things came together for our opponents after we scored our second.  One was the harsh judgement of the referee in penalising TC in a 50/50 tussle with Freeman when he had allowed much worse to go unpunished.  The free kick was duly converted into a goal and the psychological balance of the game had instantly changed. 

In the second half we allowed too many fifty fifty balls to go to our opponents and defended far too deep because we were not using the quick ball to Mitro often enough, and our football in our own final third was not of the best quality.  That sometimes happens especially in derby games.   I felt Lynch should have been red carded for his assault on Mitro, and, in general, felt the referee was far too weak.  But our opponents deserved their point and gave us a timely reminder that you cannot always have your own way.  The OP needs to remember that too.

I do believe SJ may have learned a few useful things about his half time chats too.

RaySmith

Quote from: toshes mate on March 17, 2018, 06:42:03 PM
I am rather surprised the OP regards not having to listen to talk of Fulham chasing automatic promotion as a positive, which says more about him than it does about the Club, the match, the chances to come or almost anything else we can possibly contemplate.  Saying the world didn't end at the final whistle would have been altogether more reassuring.  I thought two things came together for our opponents after we scored our second.  One was the harsh judgement of the referee in penalising TC in a 50/50 tussle with Freeman when he had allowed much worse to go unpunished.  The free kick was duly converted into a goal and the psychological balance of the game had instantly changed. 

In the second half we allowed too many fifty fifty balls to go to our opponents and defended far too deep because we were not using the quick ball to Mitro often enough, and our football in our own final third was not of the best quality.  That sometimes happens especially in derby games.   I felt Lynch should have been red carded for his assault on Mitro, and, in general, felt the referee was far too weak.  But our opponents deserved their point and gave us a timely reminder that you cannot always have your own way.  The OP needs to remember that too.

I do believe SJ may have learned a few useful things about his half time chats too.
0001.jpeg

Sgt Fulham

How on earth can you be so negative as to be glad we're not talking about 2nd? It's always been called as a long shot and it's a testament to the current team. We had a poor day but still got a point. Do you store negativity when we win and then unleash it every time we lose, scrap that, don't win. Nobody wins every game.

Twig

Why on earth will there be no more talk of 2nd place? Are we not one point closer to Cardiff than we were 24 hrs ago? I personally don't think 2nd place is going to happen but come on Riversider that was a very negative post.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Riversider on March 17, 2018, 04:59:01 PM
Is the fact that I don't have to read on here anymore about us going for 2nd place, small consolation after a horrible day, the race for automatic was over before Christmas, and that's being generous because I don't think we've ever made the starting line let alone joined the race,
Today was just awful, so many players choosing to have an off day on the same day, and I'll add Jokanovic to that list, to get outsmarted at every turn by Hollowhead really takes some doing,
QPR have got two awful full backs in Furlong and Bidwell none of the QPR support likes them they are both slow and both reluctant to come forward, so our best chance to win today was through our ability to go wide, Targett and Sess on one side and the other I was hoping to see Fredericks with Christie in front of him, the decision to play Piazon wide right was an awful decision by Jokanovic as it gave Bidwell both the courage and opportunity to come forward as he knew that he didn't have to worry about pace behind him,
And yes I'm fully aware that Piazon scored today, but bloody he'll was he bad, as bad as I've ever seen him in a Fulham shirt,
But he wasn't alone Cairney and Sessegnon,  I can only assume were already thinking about the forthcoming International games because they were both poor,
The turning point was obviously the QPR goal right on half time, I would imagine everybody in the stadium , apart from half a dozen people knew where that free kick was going, sadly those half a dozen people were all wearing Fulham kit, as nobody in our back line seemed to have a clue that it was destined for Matt Smith,
In conclusion Jokanovic got it wrong today, we didn't look motivated we looked tired we lacked any kind of belief or spark, Piazon was a mistake, and I've not even mentioned his abysmal choice of substitutions,  why didn't Norwood come on for Cairney ? And where the **ck is Kebano, we were crying out for him today !
I've been saying on here for weeks that Sessegnon has to be taken out of the firing line for a couple of weeks now that Sessegnon needs taking out of the firing line for a couple of weeks and sent away to Dubai or Antigua etc, somewhere to get away from football , to mentally recharge his mind, earlier this season he was the only difference between us and an ordinary side, we've hopefully still got 3 massive games to play in May,  and we need him firing on all cylinders to stand any chance, if we continue to play him every week we are slowly but surely killing the golden goose,
This can still be a great season BUT we can't afford many more days like today.
COYSW
Chin up pal.Could be worse.We could be Villa fans.

Sgt Fulham

Hey look we moved up a place on this horrible horrible day!

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: St Eve on March 17, 2018, 05:24:09 PM
One of those days I'm afraid but will look a lot better when Cardiff and Villa lose
Well Villa have obliged. Now we just need Derby to beat Cardiff tomorrow!!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

choice_of_ends

One was the harsh judgement of the referee in penalising TC in a 50/50 tussle with Freeman when he had allowed much worse to go unpunished.  The free kick was duly converted into a goal and the psychological balance of the game had instantly changed. 

It all begun with TC fixing his socks after the 2-0 in the centre circle preventing QPR from kick-off in the 2nd minute of stoppage time (only 1 minute was displayed). Why on earth did TC try to kill time?! It was so obvious and equally ridiculous! We are on a great run, should have loads of confidence. We aren't in need of killing time! Pretty sure the ref would have blown the half time whistle without this stupid thing. For me lack of sovereignty, which in the end led to the result. Fully deserved.

toshes mate

Quote from: choice_of_ends on March 17, 2018, 08:08:24 PM
One was the harsh judgement of the referee in penalising TC in a 50/50 tussle with Freeman when he had allowed much worse to go unpunished.  The free kick was duly converted into a goal and the psychological balance of the game had instantly changed. 

It all begun with TC fixing his socks after the 2-0 in the centre circle preventing QPR from kick-off in the 2nd minute of stoppage time (only 1 minute was displayed). Why on earth did TC try to kill time?! It was so obvious and equally ridiculous! We are on a great run, should have loads of confidence. We aren't in need of killing time! Pretty sure the ref would have blown the half time whistle without this stupid thing. For me lack of sovereignty, which in the end led to the result. Fully deserved.

Absolutely spot on and I had forgotten it.  The ref had to tell him to get out of the centre circle and was obviously peeved with TC's, perhaps, 'petulant looking' reaction - planting two feet clear of the circle and looking at the ref as much as to say 'will that do?'