watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I dont think we got complacent..

Started by colinwhite, March 17, 2018, 05:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

But i do think we lost our collective bottle abit in the second half today. We played some great stuff in the fist Half mixed with some very iffy decision making ,in particular from Johansen and Piazon , flicking the ball at the wrong time to no-one.
I dont want to be hard on the team but did get a bit of a shock at the way the second half went. What bothered me was  that virtually no-one tried to get  a grip of the game themselves; they all seemed to be happy to play allibi fotboll, looking to their teammates to produce the goods. The unbeaten run goes on and we didnt loose which we could easily have done a while ago.
Ironically enough ,one of the players trying to make things happened was Dennis Odoi. I felt sorry for him after his blunder.Such is life .

ron

When we started faltering on sureness of passing, it was just silly to continue to play a short passing game from the back. It was like a boxer waving his opponent on towards him...and we inevitably got hit too.

RaySmith

They put us off our stride. They got an impetus with their first goal, and came at us in the 2nd half, and we didn't seem able to deal with it, settle and play our game.

We were lucky not to lose, but well done to Betts and the defence, though it was defensive error that gave them their equaliser.
We live to fight another day
COYW!!!!

Woolly Mammoth

We were very complacent and careless. Hopefully we will live to fight another day, because if we do not, dissapointing performances and results will come again. Also we do indeed need to fight another day, because today we were fresh out of any fight, desire and confidence for some bizarre reason.
But tomorrow is another day, and our next match v Norwich we need a positive reaction from the players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Disagree with OP.

Do agree that sloppy passes put us under pressure .. and i could have understood if they had an off day. But today we were NEVER first to the loose ball. It was complacent for me.

bill taylors apprentice

You could say the players were only doing as the Head Coach insists and its proved successful up until now but it was shocking that nobody in the team could see the big hole they were sleep walking into during the second half.

They did a good job on us but from being 2 up we lost the plot.
Odoi was a mistake waiting to happen and his team mates kept giving him the ball in dangerous areas.

Piazon produced the worst performance in a Fulham shirt since Sidgurdsson embarrassed himself and was shown the door.

The subs were ineffective, in fact they made things worse!

Very disappointing, not because it was against the HaHa's, not because we have a right to win but because we didn't have a clue how to match a hard working, organised but average team.

colinwhite

Not true of the first half Milo IMO . Agree in the second half but dont think the root of the problem was complacency. <it was more like shock as i said we lost our bottle on the Day for me.

Carborundum

Thought QPR played very intelligently.  They did not press too hard and kept plenty in the tank. Then in the second half their midfield hunted as a pack and bossed the centre of the pitch.  They used Matt Smith sensibly and kept cool when they couldn't get the ball.  They were miles better than Aston Villa were at the Cottage and it's no surprise they beat them recently. 

We have had a marvellous run...still having it actually.  But today is a reminder that football in the Championship is tough.  I'm not going to label our team, but rather note that it was a game of two halves, one we were good in and the other we lost.

Fulham76

Probably a point gained in the end. We dominated the first half, they dominated the 2nd, albeit their goals were gifted to them. Not sure what Odoi was doing & the 1 minute first half injury time turned into 4 some how.

Looked like the last 15-16 games efforts caught up with us today but still undefeated for a long time.

The Old Count

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 17, 2018, 07:52:47 PM
You could say the players were only doing as the Head Coach insists and its proved successful up until now but it was shocking that nobody in the team could see the big hole they were sleep walking into during the second half.

They did a good job on us but from being 2 up we lost the plot.
Odoi was a mistake waiting to happen and his team mates kept giving him the ball in dangerous areas.

Piazon produced the worst performance in a Fulham shirt since Sidgurdsson embarrassed himself and was shown the door.

The subs were ineffective, in fact they made things worse!

Very disappointing, not because it was against the HaHa's, not because we have a right to win but because we didn't have a clue how to match a hard working, organised but average team.

'Piazon produced the worst performance in a Fulham shirt since Sidgurdsson' .  Bit harsh. What would you have said if he hadn't have scored?

alfie

Quote from: Fulham76 on March 17, 2018, 09:22:39 PM
Probably a point gained in the end. We dominated the first half, they dominated the 2nd, albeit their goals were gifted to them. Not sure what Odoi was doing & the 1 minute first half injury time turned into 4 some how.

Looked like the last 15-16 games efforts caught up with us today but still undefeated for a long time.
That 4 mins believe down to TC time wasting in centre circle after we scored preventing them kicking off.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

colinwhite

There was one situation in the second half yesterday when the ball was played up to fredricks on the right who was in acres of space about ten metres from the half way line . The ball came at chest height and would normally  easily have been taken down and brought forward by Fredricks . Instead he stooped in panick to head it as far as he could straight to one of their players,who then had lots of space to nearly score on the Counter. This was when I started to Think that the pressure got to us a bit yesterday....

...and Im not talking about any much to do with QPR