watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Probably do us good

Started by BedsFFC, March 17, 2018, 05:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

I see that a few on here have gone a bit meltdown over today.

I was disappointed. Not about any particular player or substitution but more that we haven't found the solution to the tactics that have been our Achilles heel for 2 seasons.

Pressing high, denying our midfielders any time, 10 behind ball in their half and doubling up on the flanks stopping our full backs pushing. All of this done at the right time has the tendency to make us look very laboured.

It has happened this season many times.

I had hoped that Mitrovic would give us the outlet against these tactics. QPR denied him service and ensured he was left feeding on scraps with two players close when he did get the ball.

Fair play to qpr. They did it well. They nearly had it 1st half but were a little deep. As soon as they pushed higher in the 2nd half, our old frailties were exposed.

In simple terms, it seems if teams come to play us to win, we are usually the better side. When teams come not to lose, it's often not quite as pretty. Our last 6 games were against teams that came to beat us. The one before that was Bolton and they got a draw.

I don't think we will go up until we can keep the initiative in these games.

The reason I think it may turn out to be a good thing is that qpr executed it perfectly. without question that will be the template. Looking at the fixtures, I imagine Reading at home we will face something very similar.

The key is in the playoffs. We have to be equipped to dealing with a team stifling us.

Just got in to see Bolton goal....maybe not the play offs after all

Woolly Mammoth

We need to see a good reaction from the team at Norwich. Injuries permitting, it will interesting to see the starting lineup.
As for the play offs, assuming we are there, the way we negotiate them will be interesting, at least we know how to win away, it's the mental strength that at times does worry me.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.