Main Menu

Now who do you want to win tomorrow?

Started by Dodger53, March 17, 2018, 07:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger53

Well it was derby but now maybe Cardiff so we consolidate 3/4th

FFC365

Sgt Fulham

Derby any day. Derby aren't a threat to us. I don't even think they'll make the playoffs.

RaySmith

We can still get second if Cardiff go on a losing run.

Woolly Mammoth

It's a no brainer, it has to be Derby, they owe us and they owe themselves, they have everything to play for.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

F(f)CUK

Derby - then this week's results would be really good

Southcoastffc

I can't understand why anyone would not want Derby to win.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

choice_of_ends

We are 8 ahead of 7th place, I don't care about places between 3 and 6. So, definitely Derby. There is still a huge chance for automatic promotion!

What did we think about the last 9 games?! All no brainers? 27 straight points? bullpoo. All teams in this league can play football, every game starts at nil-nil. QPR won at Villa Park. Why not snatching points at the Cottage? Bolton was quite strong against us two times and today against Villa.

We were too arrogant today, deserved not even a point! But maybe it's seven points to 2nd on Monday morning. If Villa can lose, Cardiff can also lose. COYW.

EastEndWhite

Derby.  It would still give us a chance, however slim, of grabbing second place.

davew

Quote from: FFC365 on March 17, 2018, 07:50:49 PM
100%.....we must want Derby to win

Sorry 100% Cardiff, they are almost there whatever we do, I hope Derby get stuffed and we face them in the play offs rather than Boro otherwise might be the same finish as we had in the play offs last year. If I thought tomorrows result with Cardiff losing would guarantee us 2nd place I would have gone with all the previous posters, but I have my reasons for going with Cardiff, call it a calculated gamble! We can dream about finishing 2nd, it might happen and I as much as anybody else on here hope it does, just can't see it happening 075.gif
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Milo

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2018, 09:41:27 PM
Quote from: FFC365 on March 17, 2018, 07:50:49 PM
100%.....we must want Derby to win

Sorry 100% Cardiff, they are almost there whatever we do, I hope Derby get stuffed and we face them in the play offs rather than Boro otherwise might be the same finish as we had in the play offs last year. If I thought tomorrows result with Cardiff losing would guarantee us 2nd place I would have gone with all the previous posters, but I have my reasons for going with Cardiff, call it a calculated gamble! We can dream about finishing 2nd, it might happen and I as much as anybody else on here hope it does, just can't see it happening 075.gif

Agree (as ever) that Cardiff can't crumble that much. However I still think Derby getting three points closer to playoffs is a good thing for us. Rather Derby than Bristol or Boro in the playoffs and Derby cementing one of those spots up for grabs is one less spot for those two dangerous sides.

davew

Whether Derby win or not, I think they will make the play offs as well as Boro, I understand your point about reducing Bristol City's chances, I wouldn't fancy us having to face them in the play offs!

davew

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 17, 2018, 07:47:55 PM
Well it was derby but now maybe Cardiff so we consolidate 3/4th
Glad I reread all the posts on here, so happy we both see things the same way!

Woolly Mammoth

Whatever place we finish, whether it's 3rd 4th 5th or 6th. We will end up playing Middsborough either in the two legged play offs or at Wembley. It's something I feel in my boots will happen no matter where we finish, if runners up is a step too far.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

and ... the weatherman won the match.

Great result for us as this just clogs the schedule for Cardiff and Derby.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel