watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scottish call ups ?

Started by FulhamStu, March 17, 2018, 10:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Ok, I am going to say it as I saw it... probably wrong, hopefully wrong.

BUT

It looked to me like KMac and to a slightly lesser extend Tom were not fully at it today ?

It occurred to me that maybe their heads were on the international game.

Hopefully I am wrong, but KMac in particular did not boss in front of the back 4 like he always does.  We were over run 2nd half... by a team not anywhere near as good as us...

All a bit odd, funny things happen in football and maybe it's just we thought we were better than them, or maybe that goal before half time unnerved us, whatever we need to learn the lesson that by being so passive we will get nowhere.

You have to give 100% 100% of the time.

HatterDon

pardon me if I disagree with pretty much everything you said, good sir
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

Fulham is their bread and butter. I'd be amazed if  they didn't play so well, because they called up to the Scottish squad. If anything, I would think such recognition would make you play better.

I thought both players were good in the first half, anyway, especially Cairney who got the ball in the net twice.

In the second half- well no Fulham player looked good, as they ran at us, and closed us down, and as a team we didn't seem able to deal with it, though we held out for a point.
This game should have been won in the first half, when she should have gone in  at least two up, probably more, but they were  granted time to take their , soft, free kick, when the whistle should have been blown for half-time.

But, that's football, and QPR were better than us in the second half, and we were lucky to get a point.

But, maybe I'm naïve, but I just don't see Cairney or MacD  being the types to ever give less than  %100, though obviously players can have off days, or subdued by the opposition.

FulhamStu

Quote from: RaySmith on March 17, 2018, 10:30:08 PM
Fulham is their bread and butter. I'd be amazed if  they didn't play so well, because they called up to the Scottish squad. If anything, I would think such recognition would make you play better.

I thought both players were good in the first half, anyway, especially Cairney who got the ball in the net twice.

In the second half- well no Fulham player looked good, as they ran at us, and closed us down, and as a team we didn't seem able to deal with it, though we held out for a point.
This game should have been won in the first half, when she should have gone in  at least two up, probably more, but they were  granted time to take their , soft, free kick, when the whistle should have been blown for half-time.

But, that's football, and QPR were better than us in the second half, and we were lucky to get a point.

But, maybe I'm naïve, but I just don't see Cairney or MacD  being the types to ever give less than  %100, though obviously players can have off days, or subdued by the opposition.

Fair enough, and I hope you are right.  It was just an observation.

For me
KMac is my player of the season and I think he is pretty much our most important player.

I did not think he dominated as well as he normally does and I am trying to understand why.

Cairney is potentially our best player, why did Slav take him off.  He looked a little lacking in effort 2nd half to me.  But again, maybe I am wrong.   

Just what I saw.

Also...bloody hate international breaks and I do t think they do us any favours, esp with so may call ups.

Twig

Quote from: FulhamStu on March 17, 2018, 10:53:30 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on March 17, 2018, 10:30:08 PM

Fair enough, and I hope you are right.  It was just an observation.

For me
KMac is my player of the season and I think he is pretty much our most important player.

I did not think he dominated as well as he normally does and I am trying to understand why.

Cairney is potentially our best player, why did Slav take him off.  He looked a little lacking in effort 2nd half to me.  But again, maybe I am wrong.   

Just what I saw.

Also...bloody hate international breaks and I do t think they do us any favours, esp with so may call ups.

There may be several call ups Stu but I don't think they will all play (and certainly not 90 mins), so most should be reasonably ok after the break.

JoelH5

I think several things caused today.

Those who were at the game would agree with me it was bitterly cold. I know it sounds silly but it is going to be a bit harder to get motivated when it's like that. Secondly, the players are probably exhausted from the amount of games we've played recently. Remember we've haven't changed the first 11 much recently. Also, once the first QPR goal went in, you could tell the players got nervous. Maybe they had this silly record on their mind?

Either way, mentally they weren't at it today. I think the international break couldn't have come at a better time.
I was there, standing in the Putney end