watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

why were we so quiet yesterday?

Started by southwest6, March 18, 2018, 04:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

don't remember the last time i heard the cottage so quiet against QPR.......

Felt for Odoi... thought he was our best player until that **** up. I wasn't feeling to confident leading up to the game - however to concede in the ways which we did makes the result slightly harder to accept. We were simply far too poor in the 2nd half, and despite playing some tidy stuff in the 1st, some of the players looked nervous and/or disinterested (particularly the defence (and our fans)) . I suppose a draw is a fair result but we should have sealed the game before half time... Perhaps there is some fatigue among the players?

If Cardiff win today, i reckon i'll succumb to the idea of automatics this year. Given the form of those we will potentially face in the playoffs, i have the utmost faith that we can win it this year. But then again this is fulham....

RaySmith

I think both our players and fans were affected by the pressure. I don't believe the players were uninterested, or the fans - I think the opposite, in fact, but  nervous, yes.

We played very well, and were dominant, in the first half, but their, iffy, goal, was crucial in giving them and their fans belief.
At least we got a point, when could have lost.

I'm sure the team will keep giving it their all, one game at a time - it's still all up for grabs - even a play-off place.

colinwhite

We looked abit shocked in the second half with the players all expecting one of their team mates to do something whilst playing safe themselves. We lacked Energy and i dont put that down to lethargy , but pressure, which was completely on us today. Even if we had gone in 2-0 at half time then that second half performance probably had to come sooner or later ,and shouldnt detract from anything. I dont think it was Fulhamish. It was understandable,and to adegree inevitable sooner or later.

Woolly Mammoth

We looked very nervous all round. The referee should have called time on the first half before they scored, which was a crucial moment.
Yes we were lucky in the end to hold on for a draw which is something.
But it does question the mental strength of some players.
No excuse for the crowd to be quiet, passionless, that doesn't help the players.
However, as for the substitutions, that was bizarre. Piazon should have been substituted at half time.
We clearly needed fresh legs by the 60th minute, but none were forthcoming.
When the last two subs came on, they were clearly the wrong ones, we lost our shape, and looked even worse, how they never scored a third I will never know.
Why neither Norwood, Kamara or Christie never came on I will never know.
Holloway in the second half outwitted Jok tactically, and bringing on two quick subs caused us problems.
Odoi was one of our better players, and I felt sorry for him.
Watching Fonte and Ojo come on in that situation instead of others must have sunk his heart. 
But goals change games, and theirs on the stroke of halftime changed the whole dynamics of the game.
However, not putting on the right subs in second half was crucial, and it was too little too late.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

southwest6

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 18, 2018, 07:27:17 AM
We looked very nervous all round. The referee should have called time on the first half before they scored, which was a crucial moment.
Yes we were lucky in the end to hold on for a draw which is something.
But it does question the mental strength of some players.
No excuse for the crowd to be quiet, passionless, that doesn't help the players.
However, as for the substitutions, that was bizarre. Piazon should have been substituted at half time.
We clearly needed fresh legs by the 60th minute, but none were forthcoming.
When the last two subs came on, they were clearly the wrong ones, we lost our shape, and looked even worse, how they never scored a third I will never know.
Why neither Norwood, Kamara or Christie never came on I will never know.
Holloway in the second half outwitted Jok tactically, and bringing on two quick subs caused us problems.
Odoi was one of our better players, and I felt sorry for him.
Watching Fonte and Ojo come on in that situation instead of others must have sunk his heart. 
But goals change games, and theirs on the stroke of halftime changed the whole dynamics of the game.
However, not putting on the right subs in second half was crucial, and it was too little too late.

Agree that piazon had to be taken off at half time... despite his goal i found him to be tremendously poor. Fonte and Ojo did nothing... As you say, still unsure as to why the likes of norwood or kamara weren't introduced. Simply an opportunity lost as QPR are a pretty poor side. Onto Norwich i suppose - and hopefully reminiscent of last years performance!