more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positivity

Started by Stevieboy, March 18, 2018, 09:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevieboy

Let's have some positivity.
Anyone would think we were fighting relegation.
How many of you can remember those. There was a time when the only excitement we had was the relegation battles!!
We are where we are because we play the best football, had we kicked on a month earlier we would probably be looking down on the rest of the table.
However we are not, we are though playing some fantastic football and unfortunately not every team will be beaten by this no matter how good we are or how bad they are.
Some people on here seem to rejoice in the fact that we may not attain 2nd place, it is the old Fulham mentality that we should always be struggling or maybe just a defence mechanism due to the sometime Fulhamish outcome if things.
I have supported Fulham since the 1960s seen good and bad but every season I have believed we can be Champions and win the FA Cup.
What is the point of support if you do not believe this.
And I will always believe that we will finish in the highest possible position and win every cup going......until it is mathematically impossible.
Keep positive.....negativity is a destructive outlook. COYW......We can still be champions (mathematically 😜!!!!!!!!)

jeremyfulham

Right with you on this.  Some "supporters" can't wait to get on the negativity band waggon .

toshes mate

Excellent post Stevieboy.  Some people just can't see a good thing or feel a good feeling.

Baszab

Absolutely agree - just childish to expect to win every game
We have been outstanding in 2018

Doesn't stop supporters having the right to express their opinions when things go wrong - which they certainly did yesterday - so please can everyone remember that this is a forum and all views are appreciated

(Fonte was totally ineffective yesterday )

filham

OK , but at the moment we have a team capable of winning promotion and that really doesn't come around too frequently and when it does you have to take your chances and not give way points that should be yours.

Two nil up after 45 minutes, at home against a lowly team, the match should have been ours.

A few more second half performances like yesterday's in the remaining eight games and we can forget promotion for a while.

Mince n Tatties

Yes  bounce back at Norwich, we'll shut them Canaries up.Coyw.

hovewhite

Qpr it's 1 game another piont nearer.
Onwards and upwards.coyw

Lighthouse

However being positive about everything tends to lead to more of the same mistakes and the same 'oh well never mind, things could be worse' attitude. We live in a World that IS TOO critical and negative. But as a negative person in outlook I am overjoyed when thing go well because I never expect them too. But when mistakes are made then we point them out and hope that they are not repeated. The positive outlook tends to make people over compliment and praise people. A player who does well is suddenly the greatest thing. Players who are not in the side suddenly became great because the players that are make mistakes.

Being positive is what makes us think we are better than we are. Being glum and negative is really the only sensible way to be. Live miserably and die happy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mike the White

Let's not be mealy mouthed about this, Holloway had a half-time rant, rightly changed his tactics  and got it right. In the end we could have kissed goodbye to even one point. They the best side second half

RaySmith

Great post Stevieboy.

Southcoastffc

Completely with the OP.  Stay positive and enjoy some of the best football the Championship has seen for, ooooh, 18 years!   049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 18, 2018, 04:29:16 PM
Completely with the OP.  Stay positive and enjoy some of the best football the Championship has seen for, ooooh, 18 years!   049:gif
We now need to see this good football in the next eleven matches , not much in the last 45 minutes yesterday to suggest that we will.

FulhamStu

Yesterday will helpfully serve as a wake up call.  I feel everyone thought that the tough 6 game success meant we could take things a bit more easy.  Better teams give you more space and we do well in that environment, inferior teams will fight and work harder, this is what we need to now overcome we need to graft harder than yesterday if we want promotion and then, our ability will carry us through.

Milo

I agree but also would suggest that it's fair to be critical when players weren't putting in 100%. That was evident yesterday by lack of desire to get to 50:50s.

I concede that one complacent performance doesn't erase 16 games unbeaten but it's still disappointing. I think more so because we all could taste 3 more points in the chase with Cardiff. So it was disappointment that we didn't live up to our own high standards when we needed to.

Woolly Mammoth

As long as y
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 18, 2018, 03:03:38 PM
Yes  bounce back at Norwich, we'll shut them Canaries up.Coyw.

As long as yesterday's performance and application and lack of commitment and workrate do not become a bad habit.
As they sometimes can do. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Jocanovic was reported as being critical of his players in the Telegraph today, he is aware that yesterday's game had too many negatives. Just hope he can address them before the Norwich game, we don't want a bad run at this end of theseason.