more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jean Tigana

Started by EastEndWhite, March 22, 2018, 11:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: filham on March 22, 2018, 06:14:12 PM
What an interesting read that was and what nice thing Tigana is saying about Fulham.

I have to admit that when I first heard of Tigana's appointment as our manager my reaction was not good, what on earth could a frenchman with no experience of managing in England do for us in the 2nd tier of english football.The answer of course was to gain promotion by playing the best football we had ever seen.
You haven't changed then!
064.gif

Fulham Tup North

092.gif I remember he sent all of the players to the dentist, because he believed that bad teeth gave players bad balance!!
This was the man who was underrated as a French international.
Platini used to take all of the plaudits.

I also remember buying a case of Tigana wine from Harrods!
I wonder if he still has his vineyard?

Great days!!!!
Thanks for posting!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Holders

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 22, 2018, 07:59:02 PM
092.gif I remember he sent all of the players to the dentist, because he believed that bad teeth gave players bad balance!!

Great days!!!!
Thanks for posting!

That was my earlier point - we're playing a similar style but is there the same attention to detail off the field?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gezkc

Great interview and lovely to read.
There are lots of parallels between Tigana and Jokanovic.
Hopefully SJ will get us up to the top division too.

davew

A special era when he was with us, we are entering another!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

In the Enclosure

Loved Horsfields time with us . Gutted when we sold him  to Brum but Maik Taylor flattened his old teammate Geoff in the first 10 minutes of the  season against Brum. Horsey carried off Fulham win 3-1 away. New hard nosed professional Fulham ! End of Fulhamish for a while.  :beer:

filham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 22, 2018, 06:42:24 PM
What an interesting read that was and what nice thing Tigana is saying about Fulham.

I have to admit that when I first heard of Tigana's appointment as our manager my reaction was not good, what on earth could a frenchman with no experience of managing in England do for us in the 2nd tier of english football.The answer of course was to gain promotion by playing the best football we had ever seen.
064.gif
How did you know that after the Sunderland game I was having serious doubts about Jocanovic but 16 games later I am thinking I may have been wrong again.

cookieg

Great days!!!!
Thanks for posting!

If Magath had suggested visiting the dentist I'm sure he would have been ridiculed for it.

I also have a bottle of Tigana' s wine. It will be one of those bottles that stay at the back of the cupboard never to be drunk.

SG

Quote from: cookieg on March 23, 2018, 06:30:47 AM

Great days!!!!
Thanks for posting!

If Magath had suggested visiting the dentist I'm sure he would have been ridiculed for it.

I also have a bottle of Tigana' s wine. It will be one of those bottles that stay at the back of the cupboard never to be drunk.
Me too. It will never be drunk

BestOfBrede

Quote from: filham on March 22, 2018, 10:22:41 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 22, 2018, 06:42:24 PM

064.gif
How did you know that after the Sunderland game I was having serious doubts about Jocanovic but 16 games later I am thinking I may have been wrong again.
You and plenty others had doubts but luckily they were unfounded and we move on.
It's a good thing that you admit to an error of judgement - it could quite as easily been me and others having to admit it, if things hadn't turned round.

Cookieg: I also have a bottle of Tigana wine - unfortunately mine's empty!

Andy S

bog

Quote from: Peabody on March 22, 2018, 04:03:56 PM
049:gifI remember that first league game against Crewe., we had promised a bit pre season but the football that day was exquisite. Who can forget Louis first goal for Fulham? A long pass from John Collins, Louis picks it out of the air and wallop, aFulham one up. The first away game was against highly fancied Birmingham City, it was on tele and we won 3-1. I think that's when we all started to believe

I will never forget that game Peabody.  I recall their manager at the time, Trevor Francis, saying after it was the best display by an away side that he had ever seen. What a season.

092.gif

bog

What times he gave us that season of promotion. Glad he mentioned his run down the touchline at Blackburn. Every Fulham fan was dancing about then and will never forget that moment. Thanks Jean. 

092.gif

Holders

I stood there sometimes with my jaw hanging open not believing my eyes. I told myself - enjoy this, you'll never see its like again.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fernhurst

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on March 22, 2018, 06:28:42 PM
I remember the game that Tigana remembers most. Graham Souness was the Blackburn manager and was saying that they were the best team in the league. We were down to 10 men as he mentions, I was at home watching it with my dad on Sky and we were shouting for the ref to blow for full time so we could at least get a point out of it but up pops Sean Davis to score the winner on the 90th minute. we both jumped out of our chairs a celebrated as if we had won the Champions league, what a night, good to remember as my dad is no longer with us. Mr Souness was as sick as a parrot

Same reaction in our house Steve and a special memory to keep of you and your Dad.
I've seen some great exciting goals at Fulham, but that goal at Blackburn was the most satisfying I've ever watched for the reasons you've already stated.
Lucky to meet Sean at the Notts Forest game and gave him hug which took him by surprise as I said " that's for that goal at Blackburn"
That goal means a lot to many of us.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

twang

Quote from: Peabody on March 22, 2018, 04:03:56 PM
049:gifI remember that first league game against Crewe., we had promised a bit pre season but the football that day was exquisite. Who can forget Louis first goal for Fulham? A long pass from John Collins, Louis picks it out of the air and wallop, aFulham one up. The first away game was against highly fancied Birmingham City, it was on tele and we won 3-1. I think that's when we all started to believe

I've never looked it up before but that Birmingham game was on TV here in Sweden as well and it was the reason 9 year old me started supporting Fulham. So thanks for bringing it up!

SG

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 23, 2018, 10:38:04 AM
I remember the game that Tigana remembers most. Graham Souness was the Blackburn manager and was saying that they were the best team in the league. We were down to 10 men as he mentions, I was at home watching it with my dad on Sky and we were shouting for the ref to blow for full time so we could at least get a point out of it but up pops Sean Davis to score the winner on the 90th minute. we both jumped out of our chairs a celebrated as if we had won the Champions league, what a night, good to remember as my dad is no longer with us. Mr Souness was as sick as a parrot
We were lucky enough to be at Blackburn that night. Against all the odds to win it like that was wonderful. Will never forget the run down the touch line. Up yours Souness

Twig

Ah Sean Davis. One of my favourite Fulham players.

Burt

"When you don't have the ball, you are not strong. You are obliged to fight to get it back. So we don't lose the ball. We keep it"

Slav has a very similar philosophy...

Burt

I was at my brothers watching it on TV with a curry takeaway and a few cobras. When Davis scored I think the curry ended up on the ceiling :)