watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (26/03/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 26, 2018, 08:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Would losing Ryan Fredericks to Everton be another West Ham failure?

West Ham United made Fulham right-back Ryan Fredericks a priority this summer - but Premier League rivals Everton are lurking to hijack the deal.

West Ham United simply need a right-back.

Pablo Zabaleta's best days are well behind him at the age of 33 while Sam Byram has struggled with both fitness and form since joining from Leeds United two years ago.

So no wonder West Ham put Ryan Fredericks right at the top of their summer wishlist.

A one-time Tottenham Hotspur youngster, the rampaging right-back has been one of the best outside the Premier League for a while now and has set up seven goals this season for a Fulham side who boast arguably the Championship's most potent attack.

Fredericks will be out of contract this summer however and Football London claim that Hammers boss David Moyes had made him one of his top summer transfer targets.

So what a disappointment it would be if Premier League rivals Everton swooped in and nabbed the 25-year-old from under West Ham's nose.

According to The Sun, Everton are plotting a move to bring Fredericks to Goodison Park in the summer on a free transfer. He would likely offer back-up to first-choice Seamus Coleman (below), moving ahead of Jonjoe Kenny in the pecking order.

And, quite frankly, West Ham could probably do with Fredericks more than Everton. After all, the Toffees already boast one of the best right-backs in the top flight and Coleman does appear to be fully fit again after almost a year out with a broken leg.

Now, West Ham fans have been left frustrated by the club's recruitment in recent windows and missing out on a free-agent who would immediately improve their starting XI would not help the mood at the London Stadium.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/25/do-would-losing-ryan-fredericks-to-everton-be-another-west-ham-f/

WhiteJC

Three reasons Newcastle must hijack Everton's bid to sign Ryan Fredericks

According to reports in The Irish Sun, Fulham defender Ryan Fredericks could join Everton a free transfer this summer.

The 25-year-old has been one of the Championship club's most consistent performers at right-back this season and the Cottagers currently lie in third position in the table as they look to win promotion to the Premier League under Slavisa Jokanovic.

The Irish Sun reports achieving that means they could hold of highly-rated 17-year-old Ryan Sessegnon, but Fredericks could be on his way out whatever happens given his contract is due to run out at the end of the season and with no sign yet that he is going to extend his stay.

The former England U19 international would likely provide competition for Seamus Coleman and Jonjoe Kenny at Goodison Park, as he looks to forge a top flight career for himself.

Meanwhile, their Premier League rivals Newcastle United can move a step closer to ensuring they stay up when they host Huddersfield Town at St James' Park on March 31, with a win taking them to 35 points and a step closer to safety.

Manager Rafa Benitez will already be thinking about how he can strengthen his squad this summer if they remain in the top flight, and if he is looking to add more competition for places within his team then Fredericks should certainly be on his radar.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/newcastle-united/three-reasons-newcastle-must-hijack-evertons-bid-to-sign-ryan-fredericks

WhiteJC

2 to follow Sessegnon out of the Fulham exit door if he is sold

Finding form at the right time determines the success of any Championship club and Fulham are a prime example of a side that have hit their stride at exactly the correct phase of the season.

Slavisa Jokanovic's men have been excellent in recent months following a tetchy first half of the campaign, with their run of good results propelling the West Londoners into third place.

Seven points behind Cardiff City heading into the international break, it is expected that victory for the Bluebirds in the game they hold in hand over their promotion rivals will condemn Fulham to the play-offs for a second consecutive year.

Failure to go up could spell disaster at Craven Cottage, with teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon undoubtedly the first to move on amidst massive Premier League interest.

Fans will be worried about the player's future at the club, with their misery set to be compounded if this pair follow the winger out of the club...

Tom Cairney

The Scottish midfielder was the stand out player of the Football League last season, bagging thirteen goals and ten assists from the middle of the park as the Cottagers fell to play-off semi-final defeat to Reading and a move to the top flight seemed inevitable.

However, Jokanovic fought hard to keep hold of his star man and although Cairney has struggled in front of goal this year following an injury-hit start notching just seven goals and assists combined, the player's influence on the pitch cannot be understated.

The 27-year-old oozes class and entering the peak years of his career, there is no way Fulham will hold onto him for another year if they are not promoted.

Cairney is a Premier League standard player and must fulfil his ambition of becoming a top flight regular and will surely have no hesitation in leaving if an offer is put on the table over the summer.

Stefan Johansen

The impressive Norwegian formed an incredible partnership in the middle with Cairney last year in Fulham's remarkable run to the play-offs, continuing his fine form this year with six goals and six assists to his name.

Better last season in which he grabbed a combined nineteen goals and assists in only thirty-seven starts, Johansen's productivity may have decreased but his ability on the ball and willingness to control games remains intact; surely a top-flight manager will take a chance on the 27-year-old in the summer months.

Jokanovic could see his squad dismantled in the coming months should he fail to end Fulham's exodus from the elite division and although the bank balance of the West London side will be eye-watering, the quality on offer will be seriously diminished.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-to-follow-sessegnon-out-of-the-fulham-exit-door-if-he-is-sold/

WhiteJC

Newcastle United striker Aleksandar Mitrovic drops hints over where his future lies in the summer

The striker is on loan at Fulham until the end of the season, but at the moment is future is very much up in the air

Aleksandar Mitrovic has dropped a hint over where his future lies in the summer - and he hopes to continue wearing a black and white jersey.

The Serbian is on loan at Fulham until the end of the season and is enjoying his time in west London after a rocky period with Newcastle United, scoring seven goals since signing on Deadline Day in January.

Slavisa Jokanovic is a huge fan of the striker and wouldn't be against the club signing him permanently in the summer, with Mitrovic also enjoying his spell under the head coach.

But at the moment, Mitrovic's destination in the summer is unknown, but the striker hopes he'll still be in a white and black shirt.

"God's will is that I wear a black and white jersey," he joked – comparing the shirts of Newcastle, Partizan and Fulham.

"I'm glad of that, I feel fine in this shirt. And it is not impossible that, again, before the end of my career, I will play at Partizan, from where I went to the world.

"I respect Rafa Benitez's decision not to play me and now I feel comfortable playing Fulham. I'm hoping that it will last.

"Every gathering and every match – and even friendlies – is a chance for me, it's a new fight for a place in the team and I'm going to try and doing my best. Then the selector decides."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-striker-aleksandar-mitrovic-14454312

WhiteJC

'In my eyes, Sessegnon is an England international' - Owner Shahid Khan backs Fulham wonderkid for England

The Fulham chairman has given his thoughts on Ryan Sessegnon and England - and there's no doubt in his mind

Fulham Chairman Shahid Khan has revealed that he has no doubt in his mind that Ryan Sessegnon is an England internation, and is backing him for a World Cup call-up.

The 17-year-old wonderkid was called up to the U21 side for their games with Romania and Ukraine, with Sessegnon not featuring in their 2-1 win over Romania at Wolves on Saturday.

He looks set to be in line for a debut at Bramall Lane, and while Aidy Boothroyd thinks that Sessegnon is in the right place for both club and country, Fulham's owner, Mr Khan, thinks there's no doubt that the youngster should be in Gareth Southgate's senior squad for the World Cup.

Speaking in Fulham's programme notes, he said: "I've been encouraged in recent weeks to hear respected voices in football say what I've been thinking about Ryan, whose promise of a brilliant future should not belie the fact that his class today is worthy of the game's greatest stages.

"It's no secret there's interest in Ryan from some of the most celebrated clubs in the world, and that doesn't occur by hype or accident.

"In Ryan, they see the excellence that we know, and the quality that we have.

"If not for our commitment to keeping Ryan despite intense interest shown in him during the past two transfer windows, he would be featuring in top-flight football today.

"And, as we've all seen over the past two seasons, Ryan is more than capable of competing against various international talents that we encounter in the Championship.

"In my eyes, Ryan is an England international.

"Please know, I understand that assembling the right players for a World Cup requires a deft hand, and the scrutiny on national team selection in England is at a level unlike anywhere in the world.

"Of course, I'll respect the decisions of Gareth Southgate and wish England all the best in Rusisia.

"I'm all in on the Three Lions and, in the case of supporting Ryan for selection, I'm doing it just as much as a fan of the game and a young dynamic talent as I am as Chairman of Fulham.

"I simply do feel Ryan has earned the opportunity to be considered for the squad, and if he makes it, I think it will be a wonderful milestone and moment for international football in England and make for a fun and thrilling World Cup."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/in-eyes-sessegnon-england-international-14454604

WhiteJC

Spurs 'agree deal' to sign Liverpool and Man United target - EFL pundit

The youngster has been one of the stars of the Championship season

Spurs have already agreed a deal to sign Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon in the summer.

That's the verdict of Bristol Post columnist Leroy Rosenior who has been speaking on the Totally Football Show.

Sessegnon, 17, has enjoyed an outstanding season for Fulham with 14 goals in his 41 appearances and he has been rewarded with a call-up to the England under-21s side.

He is set to make his debut for the Young Lions on Tuesday against Ukraine at Bramall Lane as his progression continues.

The likes of Liverpool, Man City and Man United are all keen on securing the youngster but it appears that Spurs could be his next destination with a deal in place for a summer switch, according to Rosenior.

Premier League clubs are interested in Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon

He said: "I think that a deal has been done for Ryan as teams have been in for him.

"It's a Premier League side with strong rumours of Tottenham. I wouldn't be surprised if other sides have been in for him as well.

"He's stays at Fulham before moving in the summer. His future is already mapped out."

Rosenior, whose son Liam plays for Brighton & Hove Albion as a full-back believes that Sessegnon is going to be a star for club and country.

He added: "Ryan has great potential. He is one of those players who you think he's not a left-back and not a left-winger.

"He could be an amazing player."

Jamie Paterson of Bristol City is challenged by Ryan Sessegnon (Image: Rogan Thomson/JMP)

Fulham chairman Shadhid Khan expects Sessegnon to be an England star of the future and he is backing him to be a surprise selection in Gareth Southgate's World Cup squad.

He said: "In my eyes, Ryan is an England international.

"Please know, I understand that assembling the right players for a World Cup requires a deft hand, and the scrutiny on national team selection in England is at a level unlike anywhere in the world.

"Of course, I'll respect the decisions of Gareth Southgate and wish England all the best in Rusisia.

"I'm all in on the Three Lions and, in the case of supporting Ryan for selection, I'm doing it just as much as a fan of the game and a young dynamic talent as I am as Chairman of Fulham."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-sessegnon-spurs-transfer-united-1242074

WhiteJC

Ojo must beg to leave Liverpool

OPINION

Sheyi Ojo's time at Fulham this season proves that the brilliant Liverpool rookie must force the club to sell him in the summer for the sake of his career.

The 20-year-old winger, who can play on either flank, has had a mixed season at Craven Cottage with him unable to deliver constantly good performances.

Ojo has managed to make 23 senior appearances for Fulham while out on loan this season, but it's clear to see that he needs a permanent move away from Anfield.

The talented winger struggled to settle in quickly at Craven Cottage as Slaviša Jokanovi?'s play a high tempo, and after not being consistently exposed to senior football it took time for Ojo to be able to cope.

Ojo may have spent time at Wolves last season, playing 19 games for them, but it looked like that everything he had learnt from his time had been forgotten during the summer break.

With his blistering pace and tricky skills, the superb Reds rookie has all the skills needed to be a successful winger in the near future.

However he needs to be at a club who regularly give him games and will keep him in their system consistently, instead of loaning him out at every opportunity.

This is the only way that Ojo is going to be able to fulfill his potential and take his career to the next level.

The Reds do rate the 20-year-old, given the fact he featured 13 times in the first-team, but he's miles off being a regular member of their senior side anytime soon.

With a player such as Mohamed Salah setting the standard for wingers at Anfield, Ojo can't compete.

Especially when you consider that Jurgen Klopp's side should be pushing for the league title as well as countless other honours next season, and need only the best players in their team.

Therefore even though the Reds will try to keep him, Ojo must beg to leave Anfield on a permanent basis in the summer in order to continue his development.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/03/blogs/premier-league/ojo-must-beg-to-leave-liverpool/

WhiteJC

Every Fulham contract revealed - how long have they got left and will they get new ones?

We've compiled a list of when each and every one of Fulham player's contract runs out at the Cottage - here's how long each has left

The January Transfer Window has come and gone and we now have a clear picture of who is a Fulham player - until the end of the season at least.

Aleksandar Mitrovic, Matt Targett and Cyrus Christie all joined the club in January, while no key players left the Cottage for pastures new.

The Cottagers have done a good job of tying down the vast majorities of their stars to long-term deals, with club options for a further year on most newly-agreed contracts and new signings at the club.

That includes the likes of captain Tom Cairney, Kevin McDonald and Marcus Bettinelli - all who have long term contracts with club options to further extend it, should they wish to do so.

With contracts ending in June and some running all the way through to 2021, the side look in good shape for the future.

Ryan Fredericks - June 2018

Cauley Woodrow - June 2018 (with club option of a further year)

George Williams - June 2018

Loan deals -

Tomas Kalas - May 2018

Lucas Piazon - May 2018

Oliver Norwood - May 2018

Sheyi Ojo - May 2018

Aleksandar Mitrovic - May 2018

Mattt Targett - May 2018

Stefan Johansen - June 2019 (with club option of a further year)

Neeskens Kebano - June 2019 (with club option of a further year)

Kevin McDonald - June 2019 (with club option of a further year)

Floyd Ayite - June 2019 (with club option of a further year)

David Button - June 2019 (with club option of a further year)

Tim Ream - June 2019 (with club option of a further year)

Denis Odoi - June 2019 (with club option of a further year)

Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson - June 2019

Stephen Humphrys - June 2019

Ryan Sessegnon - June 2020

Steven Sessegnon - June 2020

Rui Fonte - June 2020 (with club option of a further year)

Ibrahima Cisse - June 2020 (with club option of a further year)

Marcus Bettinelli - June 2020 (with club option of a further year)

Marcelo Djalo - June 2020 (with club option of a further year)

Tayo Edun - June 2020

Luca de la Torre - June 2020

Matt O'Riley - June 2020

Tom Cairney - June 2021 (with club option of a further year)

Aboubakar Kamara - June 2021 (with club option of a further year)

Cyrus Christie - June 2021 (with club option of a further year)

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/every-fulham-contract-length-revealed-14253537

WhiteJC

Fulham must swoop for £4.5m-rated Championship man in place of Ryan Sessegnon

Fulham fans here at the Transfer Tavern are ever optimistic that their side can return to the Premier League this season following the resurgence of form from the Lilywhites.

Ryan Sessegnon has been the star man for the Craven Cottage side, scoring 14 goals in the Championship from the left-hand side. The youngster has warranted interest from some of the countries biggest clubs and it is therefore likely that the 17-year-old will be leaving Fulham at the end of the season amid major links elsewhere.

If Fulham are to be prepared for his departure, they should turn their attentions to Bristol City left-back Joe Bryan as a strong candidate to replace Sessegnon. Valued at £4.50 million on Transfermarkt, Bryan has been an integral part to Bristol City's hopes of reaching the play-offs this season. The 24-year-old has made 40 appearances this season and scored 5 goals as well as adding two assists during that time.

Money will be well spent by Fulham on a player who has proven over the last few Championship seasons that he has what it takes to take his game to the next level. The Englishman Bryan also can play in the Ryan Sessegnon role in either left back, or left midfield., so he'd help cover two positions for the price of one.

Our fans around the bar are in agreement that Joe Bryan is a good player and would prove to be as good a replacement for the brilliant Ryan Sessegnon. Fulham have to expect that the youngster will leave the club in the summer so getting their targets in mind now is a smart play for the team hopeful of returning to the top flight of English football.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/ticker/fulham-must-swoop-for-4-5m-rated-championship-man-in-place-of-ryan-sessegnon/

WhiteJC

In Demand Sensation Ready To Stay At Fulham If They Get Promoted: Massive Boost For Jokanovic?

As per one of the latest reports by The Sun, Fulham's blossoming youngster, Ryan Sessegnon, is perceived to have made it clear to the club that he would not be leaving the Craven Cottage in the summer. However, the report also states that he would do so only if his side manages to get themselves promoted to the Premier League.

Sessegnon is unarguably one of the hottest properties in the Championship and it has been reported that top-flight sides such as Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United and Manchester City. The 17-year-old admission must have arrived as a huge relief for Slavisa Jokanovic as there is no denying that Sessegnon would be a really handy asset for them if they get promoted.

The Cottagers have inked a staggering season in the English second division under the tutelage of Jokanovic and have hardly put a foot wrong since the turn of the year. They are currently placed at the 3rd spot in the league standings, having collected 69 points from 38 games. Although Jokanovic's side are 7 points adrift of the automatic qualification spots, they still fancy themselves in the playoffs.

Sessegnon has been absolutely brilliant this season and has plundered 14 goals and registered 5 assists from 38 appearances. Predominantly a left-back, the English teenager has also operated from the left side of the midfield as well as from the left wing. Besides, he has also chiselled 1.6 tackles, 0.5 interceptions, 1,.3 clearances and 0.1 blocks per game on an average and no wonder why his stocks are highly rated.

Having emerged through the youth ranks of the Whites, Sessegnon has made a steady development to the senior side and has cemented his place in Jokanovic's starting line-up. He has seemingly appeared to be a modern-day fullback who knows how to maintain a balance between his offensive and defensive endeavours. Intriguingly, he has emerged as one of the most appealing talents in England very rapidly and it isn't really surprising to see big clubs lining up for his signature.

By no means is he a finished article but he has shown immense maturity, flamboyance and calibre despite his young age and is expected to get better in the coming seasons. The £30million rated teenage ace has adjusted with the rigours of English competitive football in a shrewd manner and under due care and diligence, he should be able to brush himself and become a polished gem in the near future.

http://the4thofficial.net/2018/03/demand-sensation-ready-stay-fulham-get-promoted-massive-boost-jokanovic/

WhiteJC

Chelsea Loanee Unsure About His Future At Fulham: Should He Extend His Tenure At The Craven Cottage?

Fulham have engineered encouraging results in the league of late, particularly since the turn of the year, and are currently placed at the 3rd spot in the Championship. With 69 points to their name after 38 fixtures, the Cottagers are seemingly likely to make it to the playoffs and there is no denying the Slavisa Jokanovic and his troops have done a terrific job.

One of the players who has excelled in the recent weeks is their winger, Lucas Piazon. The 24-year-old has been with the Championship outfit since the summer of 2016 after his loan move from Chelsea and has been a handy commodity for his side. However, in one of his recent interviews, he has stated that he is unsure about his future with Fulham.

Piazon missed four months of action earlier this campaign owing to his leg injury but has cemented his place in Jokanovic's starting line-up. He is expected to be a key player for the Londoners in the business end of the season as his attacking prowess has been evident. So far this season, he has scored 4 goals and 4 assists in 16 appearances in the Championship and has inked a pass accuracy of 82.9%.

Chelsea's loan system has been criticized time and again but Piazon seems to be someone who has benefitted massively during his loan spells. The Brazilian had chiselled loan moves to the ranks of Malaga, Vitesse, Eintracht Frankfurt and Reading before moving to Fulham. Thus, it goes without saying that he has quite a bit of experience under his belt to boast of.

His parent club do need a player like him in their squad but given the inclination to sign world-class players with notable pedigree, Piazon might be overlooked once again. Or worse, he might be kept in their ranks only to let him ply his trade sporadically, which will only harm his developmental process. Should he be keeping his fingers crossed and expect Jokanovic to sign him permanently in the summer?

At this stage of his career, he certainly needs to get a permanent move. The Brazilian is a shrewd attacker and although he missed a substantial part of the campaign due to injuries, he has certainly made his presence felt after his return. Besides, he has acclimatized himself with English football adequately, fared well under the pressure to perform and it would make a lot of sense if Jokanovic tries to prise him out of the Stamford Bridge permanently.

http://the4thofficial.net/2018/03/chelsea-loanee-unsure-future-fulham-extend-tenure-craven-cottage/

Carborundum

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 26, 2018, 08:13:08 AM

'In my eyes, Sessegnon is an England international' - Owner Shahid Khan backs Fulham wonderkid for England

The Fulham chairman has given his thoughts on Ryan Sessegnon and England - and there's no doubt in his mind

Fulham Chairman Shahid Khan has revealed that he has no doubt in his mind that Ryan Sessegnon is an England internation, and is backing him for a World Cup call-
You have to admire his business acumen.  Planning permission for a new stand only a few days old and already he's working on the financing arrangements.

Twig

Quote from: Carborundum on March 26, 2018, 09:40:35 AM

Fulham Chairman Shahid Khan has revealed that he has no doubt in his mind that Ryan Sessegnon is an England internation, and is backing him for a World Cup call-
You have to admire his business acumen.  Planning permission for a new stand only a few days old and already he's working on the financing arrangements.

Except it would make no sense to fund infrastructure development out of transfer dealings so this is patently nonsense.

grandad

Your assumption is so far wide of the mark. The financing of the New Stand is completely separate from the transfer funding. Any transfer fees received will NOT go towards Capital Investment. The New Stand costs are  not part of the FFP regulations
Where there's a will there's a wife

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: grandad on March 26, 2018, 12:38:31 PM

Your assumption is so far wide of the mark. The financing of the New Stand is completely separate from the transfer funding. Any transfer fees received will NOT go towards Capital Investment. The New Stand costs are  not part of the FFP regulations
[/b]

I have no problem with the owner making Capital Investment in the club but are you saying that big transfer fees coming in to our club have always been spent exclusively on transfers in?

grandad

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 26, 2018, 02:07:30 PM

[/b]

I have no problem with the owner making Capital Investment in the club but are you saying that big transfer fees coming in to our club have always been spent exclusively on transfers in?
Maybe in the dark old days when we needed covering for the Hammy End & Putney end but now Mr Khan has no need to use transfer funds for Capital Improvements. He can spend whatever he feels on infrastructure.Transfer income & other forms of income have to fund not only transfers but the day today running costs.
Where there's a will there's a wife

hovewhite

Quote from: grandad on March 26, 2018, 05:32:08 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 26, 2018, 02:07:30 PM

[/b]

Maybe in the dark old days when we needed covering for the Hammy End & Putney end but now Mr Khan has no need to use transfer funds for Capital Improvements. He can spend whatever he feels on infrastructure.Transfer income & other forms of income have to fund not only transfers but the day today running costs.
Smell of suspicion as always , something in the background.
Supposedly someone offering something for nothing?
Also another saying,never look a gift horse !
Just check the small print!