watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Four points dropped against local rivals

Started by The Swan, April 15, 2018, 10:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

That's four points dropped against our local rivals. We have beaten Wolves, Villa, Leeds and Sheffield United.
Why could we not beat QPR or Brentford.
In both games our manager made surprising subs late in each game which did not work out.
Now we have to win all three remaining games. This won't be easy especially against Millwall.
We also must hope that Cardiff lose at least two of their remaining games.
The Swan

davew

I don't think for 1 minute we will beat Millwall, think Joka should rest quite a few of the players and settle for 3rd or 4th place, depending on which team he thinks we might play and beat in the play offs semi final and at the moment who knows which team will finish 5th and 6th? It sounds negative but it is unlikely now that we will finish 2nd so why risk injuries to our star players before the play offs?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

BedsFFC

Quote from: davew on April 15, 2018, 10:18:20 PM
I don't think for 1 minute we will beat Millwall, think Joka should rest quite a few of the players and settle for 3rd or 4th place, depending on which team he thinks we might play and beat in the play offs semi final and at the moment who knows which team will finish 5th and 6th? It sounds negative but it is unlikely now that we will finish 2nd so why risk injuries to our star players before the play offs?

Dave, I can see things are getting worse. Just remember, there are people you can talk to about these things. You are not alone.

We're all rooting for you mate

davew

Quote from: BedsFFC on April 15, 2018, 10:27:50 PM

Dave, I can see things are getting worse. Just remember, there are people you can talk to about these things. You are not alone.

LOL and to think I used to live in Beds! Your plan for the next 3 games or even the next game would be? I haven't taken your comment as a personal insult attack, you will have to do a lot better than that (lol). Sorry you didn't find my post as being constructive, but that is your usual response. We do support the same team in case you have forgotten, you are not alone!

Which part of my posting did you not agree with?

davew

I have to say BedsFFC a previous posting of yours was spot on!

"I think if there were about 20 games to go and we were on this run, we would all be fairly confident about the Brentford game. I think we are just stronger than them and are far better when we last played them. The only problem I see is the situation getting to us.

Things are not going to go all our way. It's how we react that is key. If Cardiff have won on Saturday and we go a goal down, the crowd will be so important. If the Riverside starts moaning at stray passes etc, nerves could set in.

Whatever way you look at the Millwall game, it's a tough one. Honestly, I just cannot call it.

One little crumb. Us, Cardiff and Millwall have been on a fantastic run. In another thread, I stated that Cardiff had a run of fixtures that their bullying style suited. I pointed out that they had 3 tough games coming up. They've ended up taking 1 point from those 3 games.

Millwall have played just 1 top six side in their last 15 games. That nice run takes a distinctly tough turn. Sheff U away, then us, Boro & Villa.

We had our horror run of games in this run and we came through it. One could argue that Sunderland and Brum fighting for survival may be worse games.

Who knows?

I have developed this little bit of fear in my stomach that is following me around. I am both looking forward to Saturday and dreading at the same time?"

BedsFFC

Quote from: davew on April 15, 2018, 10:35:00 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on April 15, 2018, 10:27:50 PM

LOL and to think I used to live in Beds! Your plan for the next 3 games or even the next game would be? I haven't taken your comment as a personal insult attack, you will have to do a lot better than that (lol). Sorry you didn't find my post as being constructive, but that is your usual response. We do support the same team in case you have forgotten, you are not alone!

Which part of my posting did you not agree with?

Entirely joking mate. No malice intended. Just, you do tend to veer towards the glass half empty. Or, appear to.

To be frank, as much as they obviously love him dearly, I don't think the players would accept Slavisa throwing in the towel now. We have a month to go before the play off 1st leg. More than enough time to prepare.

As I see it, we have about a 30% chance of automatic promotion. If that doesn't work, then previosu form goes out the window, we will have a 25% chance of getting promoted via play offs. So, right now, catching Cardiff is easier.

I've got a sneaky feeling forest might get a draw against them. As for Millwall. I now think we will be too good for them. We learnt how to play against the long ball stuff. I think we will be too good for them.

Then, there will be a Dave on the Cardiff forum suggesting Cardiff rest their players for the play offs ahead.

davew

No malice interpreted or offence taken, I rarely have a glass half empty (lol), some postings are made in jest but with passion! Ok I will concede that we should go all out to beat Millwall? I actually thought my point of resting players if we are in a no win automatic promotion place or possibility of getting 1 is a logical one? Just checked the forthcoming fixtures and was mistaken about when Cardiff are playing Derby, bring out our strongest team next Friday!

davew

Quote from: Statto on April 15, 2018, 10:52:48 PM
IMO our last two performances were poor by recent standards and IMHO that's down to mental and/or physical fatigue so I am 100% in agreement that we should look to rest key players as soon as making 2nd is impossible or extremely unlikely

I don't think we're at that point yet and still would like to see us go hell for leather versus Millwall

And of course an additional issue with Millwall is we may well end up playing this fixture in the first leg of a play-off semi-final in a few weeks and letting them beat is now would give them a psychological boost for that game
That's why I would like us to finish 4th and perhaps avoid playing Millwall! I wasn't suggesting for 1 moment that we let Millwall win, if we play our best 11 and we lose that will give them momentum and hope, if we perhaps rest maybe 4 players and they win, they will be worried what we will do with our A team!

Lighthouse

I did say earlier that we have been looking poor at least by our standards of late. We have looked tired and short of ideas. Going through the motions. My fear is we will take this into the play offs. I would not object to resting a few players now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

I am confident in beating Millwall, especially as it's away. Three points there could put a completely different slant on second place, especially if Derby beat or get a result v Cardiff.
So we are not at that point whereupon all is lost.
Also I think it's foolhardy to hope to play a certain team in the play offs or avoid a certain team in the playoffs. Why think so negative, when we have beaten Wolves. Villa, Wednesday, Borough, Millwall, Derby, Sheffield Utd, Cardiff, PNE and Uncle Tom Cobbly, nothing to fear but ourselves.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

It would be Fulhamish to go and trounce Millwall. They haven't played many top sides in their run and ours is more impressive. We have a lot more quality within our side than they do. If we can keep it to a game of football and go out with a nothing-to-lose mentality unlike against Brentford then we could really send out a message. Any less than 3 points and PlayOffs it is.